Will prices go lower?!

7 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

When you do a mock booking to find price drops you have to go all the way to the end. After putting in name, birthday, etc you get to the screen where you can check refundable deposit. That's the price you look at. The price on all previous screens is with a nonrefundable deposit. With that said I got a $60 price drop on my September cruise.

Screenshot_20200314-103938_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for your post.  Informative advice.

Just now, Blizzard54 said:

That is the percentage in South Korea where they did a lot more testing than has been done in the US.

The CDC said the negative test results are even higher in the US (about 98%) - granted, with much fewer tests so far.

Hate to be pessimistic but I seriously doubt sailings will resume in April or May.  States are restricting gatherings to as few as 100 people.  Had to wait on line outside my supermarket today as they were limiting occupancy.  Governments would want this virus totally under control before allowing thousands to board a cruise ship.

The longer it takes for sailings to resume the higher prices will be as all those on cancelled cruises only have one year to rebook.

Edited by Baron Barracuda

8 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Hate to be pessimistic but I seriously doubt sailings will resume in April or May.  States are restricting gatherings to as few as 100 people.  Had to wait on line outside my supermarket today as they were limiting occupancy.  Governments would want this virus totally under control before allowing thousands to board a cruise ship.

The longer it takes for sailings to resume the higher prices will be as all those on cancelled cruises only have one year to rebook.

I agree. 

Dr Fauci said yesterday he believes we’re 4-5 weeks from the peak in US. 

We sail 5/31 from NYC nonetheless. I’m more concerned with RC going bankrupt than I am getting the virus. 

40 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The CDC said the negative test results are even higher in the US (about 98%) - granted, with much fewer tests so far.

I would bet the percentage is not near that high here.  They just tested the workers at the nursing home in Kirkland, 47 tested positive.  

1 hour ago, goldfish65 said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-coronavirus-risk-of-reinfection-2020-2

Article says otherwise so I am not so sure about your statement.

I've read that, if accurate and it just isn't another strain of Covid-19 (like A and B). Then well, our life expectancy is wholly dependent upon a vaccine...

1 hour ago, Floke said:

Cites getting info from the CDC then links to TheHill as a reliable source. Makes sense...

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/cdcs-worst-case-coronavirus-model-210m-infected-1-7m-dead.html

Do you like this one better? NY mag but they cite the CDC (NY Times is behind a pay wall)

If you actually read the article from the original link you would have seen this:

"One model from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggested that between 160 million and 210 million Americans could contract the disease over as long as a year."

How about this one, they all are saying the same, all referencing the CDC models. Let me know if you want more examples referencing this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8110425/CDC-says-worst-case-scenario-214-MILLION-Americans-infected-coronavirus.html

Oh, wait. Here's Time

https://time.com/5801726/coronavirus-models-forecast/

Edited by HalfHand

1 hour ago, HalfHand said:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/cdcs-worst-case-coronavirus-model-210m-infected-1-7m-dead.html

Do you like this one better? NY mag but they cite the CDC (NY Times is behind a pay wall)

If you actually read the article from the original link you would have seen this:

"One model from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggested that between 160 million and 210 million Americans could contract the disease over as long as a year."

How about this one, they all are saying the same, all referencing the CDC models. Let me know if you want more examples referencing this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8110425/CDC-says-worst-case-scenario-214-MILLION-Americans-infected-coronavirus.html

Oh, wait. Here's Time

https://time.com/5801726/coronavirus-models-forecast/

Actually no, not better. Citing magazines and partisan websites doesn’t equal reliable my friend. If you actually cited the CDC directly, that would be reliable. I Imagine you’re having a tough time with that though as you would have likely tried to show the world how smart you were by citing them directly. You couldn’t find that though, so you post links to unreliable sites to try to make your point and the vicious cycle continues. I applaud the effort. Can’t wait to see wait you dig up next. 

I have 4 cruises booked right now, and 3 out of 4 have had price INCREASES.

I agree that we are still in the initial wave of COVID19. 

I just found out today that what I came home with on 2/15 from the Majesty was likely COVID19.  Seems right about the end of the incubation period on the 2/29 sailing, several people have/had it.  I went to the doctor on 2/18, before the whole epidemic/pandemic was official, and she said I had pneumonia, but it was so noisy in there she couldn't tell where it was located.  All in all, lots of coughing and wheezing, but the antibiotic and inhaler meds knocked it out.  No fever, body aches, or sore throat.  I think if that's what I had, it was a mild case.

47 minutes ago, Floke said:

Actually no, not better. Citing magazines and partisan websites doesn’t equal reliable my friend. If you actually cited the CDC directly, that would be reliable. I Imagine you’re having a tough time with that though as you would have likely tried to show the world how smart you were by citing them directly. You couldn’t find that though, so you post links to unreliable sites to try to make your point and the vicious cycle continues. I applaud the effort. Can’t wait to see wait you dig up next. 

There are many that would necessarily consider the CDC to be a reliable source.  

We are booked in July on Freedom of the Seas. I repriced and got a Grand Suite for $50 more than I was paying for a junior suite.  There was a huge price drop across the board on that cruise.

I'm sitting tight and not cancelling. It's far enough out that I'm comfortable doing that and I couldn't pass up the deal on the Grand Suite. Hope it does sail, but if not, we'll find a way to use the cruise credit or refundd.

53 minutes ago, shutterbug63 said:

We are booked in July on Freedom of the Seas. I repriced and got a Grand Suite for $50 more than I was paying for a junior suite.  There was a huge price drop across the board on that cruise.

I'm sitting tight and not cancelling. It's far enough out that I'm comfortable doing that and I couldn't pass up the deal on the Grand Suite. Hope it does sail, but if not, we'll find a way to use the cruise credit or refundd.

That is great that you were able to get a GS for just $50 more. Good timing.

It doesn't look like they are reducing pricing though for Odyssey OTS.  

Based on historical data after 9/11 , SARS etc, with the general public afraid of travel the cruise industry will do a lot more to bring the public back not just the loyalists.  Be ready for some fire sale deals but with the situation being fluid it could be 30 days, 60 days, no real hard date

4 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

There are many that would necessarily consider the CDC to be a reliable source.  

I feel like maybe there is a typo in your statement. If you’re saying there are many that wouldn’t consider the CDC a reliable source of information, I’d agree but that doesn’t mean they’re right. There are many that believe the Earth is flat too... 

5 minutes ago, Floke said:

I feel like maybe there is a typo in your statement. If you’re saying there are many that wouldn’t consider the CDC a reliable source of information, I’d agree but that doesn’t mean they’re right. There are many that believe the Earth is flat too... 

Well  said.  I agree.

12 hours ago, Cruzlover7 said:

Do you mean May 17?  I’m currently booked on Harmony May 17 and hoping we still Sail.  Only time will tell. 

Whoops yes I meant the 17th. I ended up taking a leap and booked it last night. Truly hope things improve by then! 

54 minutes ago, Floke said:

You are correct that was a typo, it should have been wouldn't.

Up until this last week only the CDC was allowed to do testing.  They stated that those that needed it we getting tested.   By the time the first 20 people died in Kirkland and about 80 employees were showing systems they were not testing them.  By the time the state was allowed to test them 18 more died and 47 employees tested positive.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Floke said:

I can only spoon feed you so far. All this isn't going to matter either, because I didn't attend the webinar. Hell, it wouldn't have mattered if I did. You would only believe it if YOU attended the webinar, even then based off your responses thus far, you would demand a time machine to take you forward to see if the projections were true. Then that wouldn't matter because of potential branching time lines and the future you saw doesn't necessarily happen. You know, like in Avengers.

Using your logic, your friends and family are like Schrodinger's cat. They only exist if you can see them, when not present they no longer exist, because neither they or you can prove their continued existence. The gas station down the road? You can't see it from your house, it's not really there.

Believe it or don't. Discussing this with you is like talking to a five your old, no matter what I say or show you your response is going to be "No it isn't". So from here on out, assume my response is "Yes, it is."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohDB5gbtaEQ

First this:

https://www.businessinsider.com/presentation-us-hospitals-preparing-for-millions-of-hospitalizations-2020-3

"One slide in a leaked presentation for US hospitals"

This is the webinar announcement for the 26th of February when this took place.

https://www.aha.org/system/files/media/file/2020/02/advisory-coronavirus-update-register-for-aha-members-only-webinars-feb.-21-and-feb.-26-related-to-novel-coronavirus-2-20-20.pdf

Here is a reference to Dr. Lawler's presentation hosted by AHA

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8085175/US-hospitals-prepare-96-MILLION-coronavirus-infections-HALF-MILLION-deaths.html

The slide (the bottom part), after the national emergency was declared the top section was added. I'm not going to dig for the website back up from back in Feb/Mar. I've done enough.

cdc.png

Edited by HalfHand
Spelling

9 hours ago, HalfHand said:

I can only spoon feed you so far. All this isn't going to matter either, because I didn't attend the webinar. Hell, it wouldn't have mattered if I did. You would only believe it if YOU attended the webinar, even then based off your responses thus far, you would demand a time machine to take you forward to see if the projections were true. Then that wouldn't matter because of potential branching time lines and the future you saw doesn't necessarily happen. You know, like in Avengers.

Using your logic, your friends and family are like Schrodinger's cat. They only exist if you can see them, when not present they no longer exist, because neither they or you can prove their continued existence. The gas station down the road? You can't see it from your house, it's not really there.

Believe it or don't. Discussing this with you is like talking to a five your old, no matter what I say or show you your response is going to be "No it isn't". So from here on out, assume my response is "Yes, it is."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohDB5gbtaEQ

First this:

https://www.businessinsider.com/presentation-us-hospitals-preparing-for-millions-of-hospitalizations-2020-3

"One slide in a leaked presentation for US hospitals"

This is the webinar announcement for the 26th of February when this took place.

https://www.aha.org/system/files/media/file/2020/02/advisory-coronavirus-update-register-for-aha-members-only-webinars-feb.-21-and-feb.-26-related-to-novel-coronavirus-2-20-20.pdf

Here is a reference to Dr. Lawler's presentation hosted by AHA

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8085175/US-hospitals-prepare-96-MILLION-coronavirus-infections-HALF-MILLION-deaths.html

The slide (the bottom part), after the national emergency was declared the top section was added. I'm not going to dig for the website back up from back in Feb/Mar. I've done enough.

cdc.png

You’re posts make me smile. You go on and on about my logic when all I’ve said is you’re posting links to unreliable sources because the reliable sources aren’t actually saying what you claim and then you do it again. Go buy some more toilet paper and I hope you win your game of Call of Duty later today. One day you’ll actually understand what acceptable sourcing is... or maybe not. 

How many times can you ask for an adjustment. I called Friday and they upgraded my rooms a bit however I see now that the price has dropped about 20% again. Can I call and try and get another upgrade?