******MSC - UK CRUISERS ***

Host Carolyn

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi all  sailing on the Euribia from Southampton this month do MSC allow you to bring a litre of  alcohol on board many thanks.

That would be a 'no'..

"13.1 Alcoholic drinks, including wines, spirits, beer or other liqueurs are available for purchase onboard the Vessel at fixed prices. Passengers are not permitted to bring onboard any such drinks for use during the voyage, whether for consumption in their own cabins or otherwise. ".

24 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

That would be a 'no'..

"13.1 Alcoholic drinks, including wines, spirits, beer or other liqueurs are available for purchase onboard the Vessel at fixed prices. Passengers are not permitted to bring onboard any such drinks for use during the voyage, whether for consumption in their own cabins or otherwise. ".

Ok thanks where will I be able to find out the on board prices ?

UK with MSC the premium drinks at booking time is the cheapest it will ever be.

Typically around £30pppd on most Euribia 7n sailings.

With bottle water and premium coffee included even with 2 moderate alcohol drinkers it is cheaper with the package

On 2/4/2024 at 12:17 PM, Mark_T said:

That would be a 'no'..

Hello,

The ban is wider than just alcohol:

In order to ensure safety and security standards, it is strictly forbidden to bring food and beverage onboard the Vessels. In compliance with this/her regulation and in order to guarantee the above standards, during embarkation a careful check control will be carried out through all passengers luggage. The items that are allowed are: personal hygiene products, cleansing products, lotions, fluid medications for therapeutic use, baby gear and baby food items, dietary items prescribed by a physician. Any local or “typical“ food item purchased during the cruise in any port of call will be collected and returned at the end of the cruise.

Regards,

Cublet

Wow, booking flights in advance just seems like an exercise in futility these days. I book my original flight into Venice for my cruise all the way back in July, only for Easyjet to cancel the flight a few months later. I then rebooked with Wizzair, who have today today me that they are also cancelling their flight. So, now there isn't a single flight going from Gatwick to Venice at a sensible time that day. 

4 hours ago, bluecontrolman said:

Wow, booking flights in advance just seems like an exercise in futility these days. I book my original flight into Venice for my cruise all the way back in July, only for Easyjet to cancel the flight a few months later. I then rebooked with Wizzair, who have today today me that they are also cancelling their flight. So, now there isn't a single flight going from Gatwick to Venice at a sensible time that day. 

Are there any workable flights to other airports close to Marghera?

I worked in Mestre for a couple of years and regularly commuted from Heathrow, while Marco Polo was the preferred airport, it often suffered from fog, so many times I would land elsewhere in the area.

39 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Are there any workable flights to other airports close to Marghera?

I worked in Mestre for a couple of years and regularly commuted from Heathrow, while Marco Polo was the preferred airport, it often suffered from fog, so many times I would land elsewhere in the area.

I didn't think to look at other airports. I ended up just rearranging for the day before and booking an extra night in the hotel. 

Sorry, I was pretty wound up when I wrote the above. It seems to happen so often though and it's frustrating when you're paying in advance for some many other things that it seems like airlines have almost no care of duty to passengers who have arranged flights with them months in advance. 

3 minutes ago, bluecontrolman said:

I didn't think to look at other airports. I ended up just rearranging for the day before and booking an extra night in the hotel. 

For a cruise that is always my preferred option, especially with somewhere like Venice as I can't think of any other route where I've had quite so many delays, diversions and just plain interesting landings 🙂

Edited by Mark_T

46 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Venice as I can't think of any other route where I've had quite so many delays, diversions and just plain interesting landings

Flying into Venice can be as "variable" as an MSC cruise! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

Generally speaking, what time does boarding start at the Horizon Cruise Terminal (Southampton) for those with priority please?

I appreciate that we will be given a specific time nearer to our July cruise, but we're just trying to get an idea for our travel arrangements.

Thanks in advance.

23 hours ago, DamianG said:

Hi all.

Generally speaking, what time does boarding start at the Horizon Cruise Terminal (Southampton) for those with priority please?

I appreciate that we will be given a specific time nearer to our July cruise, but we're just trying to get an idea for our travel arrangements.

Thanks in advance.

Apologies, I am unsure about priority passengers, but if it helps, I've seen a disembarkation as late as 10.40am and I had a (non-priority) embarkation time of 11am last May.   You should be able to see a embarkation time on your MSC booking, although It may well be subject to change this far out.

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2024 at 1:46 PM, DamianG said:

Hi all.

Thanks in advance.

I think we’ve got on just after 10.30 with priority boarding, people were still getting off as we got on, this was September last year. I always aim to park just after 10.00, and we checked in straight away, didn’t even have time to use the facilities and we were allowed to get on the ship xx

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, showingdiva said:

Apologies, I am unsure about priority passengers, but if it helps, I've seen a disembarkation as late as 10.40am and I had a (non-priority) embarkation time of 11am last May.   You should be able to see a embarkation time on your MSC booking, although It may well be subject to change this far out.

6 minutes ago, Stokie33 said:

I think we’ve got on just after 10.30 with priority boarding, people were still getting off as we got on, this was September last year. I always aim to park just after 10.00, and we checked in straight away, didn’t even have time to use the facilities and we were allowed to get on the ship xx

Thanks both, great information and more or less what I was thinking. Hotel now booked to break up the journey South and get us to the port earlier than usual.

Best regards

Damian

We are only just over an hour from the port so alway aim to leave just after 8 when hopefully most of the rush hour traffic as gone, always arrive at the port just after 10 and never had any issues getting on board xx

• Thanks 1

I was just going to ask what they are currently doing at Horizon for MSC.

There are two key times.

When the bag drop starts

When security start.

We bag drop then go park the car off-site(cheap) and one of us walks/taxi back.

On 2/28/2024 at 12:19 PM, DamianG said:

Thanks both, great information and more or less what I was thinking. Hotel now booked to break up the journey South and get us to the port earlier than usual.

Best regards

Damian

Not sure which route you are on I have found the cheapest option in good range for Southampton is Travelodge 

Tot hill just south of Newbury.

We have also used Andover Star and Garter  pubs/restaurants walking and has parking.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Not sure which route you are on I have found the cheapest option in good range for Southampton is Travelodge 

Tot hill just south of Newbury.

We have also used Andover Star and Garter  pubs/restaurants walking and has parking.

Thank you, we have booked Travelodge in Buckingham which works for us.

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Thank you, we have booked Travelodge in Buckingham which works for us.

That can work, check the traffic around Oxford, and watch for the stretch into Southampton once you get to Winchester.

Early start should be able to manage around 10am.

The UK specific cruises sometimes get queues for parking if using ABP we monitor social media for the cruises that day and keep an eye on traffic.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

That can work, check the traffic around Oxford, and watch for the stretch into Southampton once you get to Winchester.

Early start should be able to manage around 10am.

The UK specific cruises sometimes get queues for parking if using ABP we monitor social media for the cruises that day and keep an eye on traffic.

Thanks again, we've sailed from Southampton many times but this has lots of firsts (Horizon Terminal, ABP Parking and a morning embarkation time rather than afternoon). 

Much appreciated.

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 1