Any cruises still planning to sail/cruise or sailing

chipmaster

From what I can remember all the big lines are suspending operations and most countries are instituting bangs on sailings/docking, is any line still active or will be active?  

Ships on active sailings are they terminating early ( if they can actually find a port ), around the world etc.   

Sorry the news is overwhelming, or are they all suspending, any still sailing or plan to continue?

There are still some ships in the middle of cruises, but I suspect they will shorten them to get home.  There are some ships coming to the end of cruises yet unable to dock at the terminal port.  There are several having this problem in South America.  EM

Some ships in the middle of a world cruise are having to come home without any more port stops; P&O's Arcadia was hoping to stop in South Africa as the only port between Australia and the UK;  Cunard's 3 Queens were on the news as heading for home instead of finishing their world or long distance cruises.

At a time when there is a global pandemic the last thing you need is a floating Petri dish with thousands of seventy plus cruisers merrily infecting both each other, and every country they visit.

Sadly the cruise industry along with the airlines, hotels, and restaurants must bear the brunt of this, it just makes sense to limit travel.

However, I doubt that all the prophets of doom who are predicting the end of cruising will be correct, but sadly 2020 is definitely going to be a write-off.  Personally I think more about the financial well-being of the low income crew members than I do about inconvenienced passengers.  This is going to be very hard on them.

We are booked for a T/A sailing the end of July on the QM2.  Final payment is not due until late May.  We will decide then to canx or not, as well as what the status is of travel in and around the UK for while we plan to be there.

P&O-UK Arcadia is on world cruise and itinerary has been changed multiple times.  Currently they were hoping to stop in Cape Town but that has been nixed.  They will make a technical stop in Durban for fuel and supplies, then sail for Southampton.  That's five weeks without a port stop...

Oceana Marina was denied dockage in Lima, cruise was to go back around the horn but now sailing straight to Miami.  Currently sitting in pacific anchorage for Panama Canal, having to wait as they do not have a booking.  

NCL Star and Hanseatic Nature are sailing toward the Panama Canal, due there Mar. 24/25.  Star is empty, not sure about Nature. 

Amadea transited yesterday.  Pullmantur Monarch is in Colon.  She was there overnight a few days ago, then left.  but back yesterday, still there this morning.    She usually sails 7 day cruises loading at both Colon and Cartagena.  EM