Such a GREAT feel good article!

Chesneygirl

Although not NCL, I still thought it was worth a share just because it's such feel good story to off set all the negativity and uncertainty over cruising lately. Hope you enjoy and make sure to watch the video clip of Captain Kate announcing to the crew that they would be getting a balcony stateroom. I hope NCL is taking notice and doing the same for their crew. So awesome! 

https://www.porthole.com/celebrity-edge-crew-gets-chance-cruise-like-guests/

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Nice of RCL.  Looking ugly for all of them though.  This morning NCL stock is bouncing around $9 at the moment, Carnival not far behind at around $10, and RCL down almost $4 at $24.   Yuk!   

It's Celebrity actually. 

Regardless, it's a good thing that they are doing and it will most certainly help morale.  Being retired Navy myself I can appreciate how much it means to get some real space to yourself, especially during turbulent times like we are all experiencing.

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 1

Bravo to Celebrity and to the ship's captain to lead by example.  

NCL - hopefully, FDR and line's COO, Summers are taking notice ... via their own social media team.  Just empower the Norwegian ship captains to do as they see fit - unblock & assign those balconies, mini-suites and spa balconies for your own hard working crews & officers that are - for all practical purposes - held onboard, going onwhere & stranded.  

It is a great, excellent morale booster and to demonstrate good will, recognition and appreciation to your team, as one big family, being "home away from home."   It serves to reinforce social distancing onboard as mankind continued to battle this virus outbreak.  Just go ahead and "spoil" them for the coming weeks, until such time ... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Bravo to Celebrity and to the ship's captain to lead by example.  

NCL - hopefully, FDR and line's COO, Summers are taking notice ... via their own social media team.  Just empower the Norwegian ship captains to do as they see fit - unblock & assign those balconies, mini-suites and spa balconies for your own hard working crews & officers that are - for all practical purposes - held onboard, going onwhere & stranded.  

It is a great, excellent morale booster and to demonstrate good will, recognition and appreciation to your team, as one big family, being "home away from home."   It serves to reinforce social distancing onboard as mankind continued to battle this virus outbreak.  Just go ahead and "spoil" them for the coming weeks, until such time ... 

All true but wait until they get the bill with the DSC attached.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, alrose251 said:

Thanks for posting.  Nice to hear some good decisions from cruise line employees!  Makes me want to book a Celebrity cruise!

As this random act of kindness starts to spread on social media it will also serve as good publicity for the cruise line. Like you, I am inclined to book my next cruise with Celebrity after seeing this!  I couldn't be happier for the crew on that cruise ship! 

• Like 1

I follow several of the crew on Encore on social media and I don't think they've had the pleasure of being moved to balcony cabins, but they are being given some R&R time... eg watching a movie on the pool deck and tonight Choir of Man will be performing for them. 

• Like 2