cancelling parking, after cruise.

DEEDIA

Not by HMG advice as mentioned above, cruise cancelled for me by P&O on Saturday, sent an email to CPS on Saturday advising them would not be needing the parking for this reason, they emailed me Monday afternoon advising that I had been refunded, not sure if they deducted the short notice handling charge or not yet (would not begrudge this anyway as they now have jobs at risk)

30 minutes ago, DEEDIA said:

just wondered if anyone has cancelled their cruise, as advised by the government, then gone onto cancel their parking. 

If you're with Parking4Cruises you need to send them an e-mail.  Depending what level of service you've they may charge a £10 admin fee.

We recently incurred some non-refundable expenses (hotel and museum visit) for two cruises cancelled by PandO. PandO refunded those expenses without any quibbling.

We are booked with P4C and will hopefully get a cash refund when Cunard finally decide to cancel my cruise trouble with transferring it to my next cruise on October is P4C might not like many companies be around then and your money will be lost.

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We are booked with P4C and will hopefully get a cash refund when Cunard finally decide to cancel my cruise trouble with transferring it to my next cruise on October is P4C might not like many companies be around then and your money will be lost.

Interesting point re P4C.  Been thinking of cancelling our parking with them over the last couple of days as confident that our cruise next month ain't gonna happen.

But we're also booked with them for Arcadia's worldie next year.  Might be prudent to cancel and re-book when we know that A) the worldie is go, and B) P4C have have survived.  

Thinking hat on.....

4 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Interesting point re P4C.  Been thinking of cancelling our parking with them over the last couple of days as confident that our cruise next month ain't gonna happen.

But we're also booked with them for Arcadia's worldie next year.  Might be prudent to cancel and re-book when we know that A) the worldie is go, and B) P4C have have survived.  

Thinking hat on.....

We had been considering booking a hotel pre cruise and car parking for our 28nt cruise on QM2 in October but glad we havent then if we cancel our parking for May will go for a cash refund just in case and then book later.

We've got a hotel booked for the night before in April, but it's refundable up to 48 hours before the day. 

This time last week I was thinking of just adding a couple of days and making a long weekend away of it, but doesn't look like that's going to happen either, so will just cancel.

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, awmartin said:

Cancelled our booking with p4c for May, no problem very quick and only took 4 days from start to finish.

well done p4c....

My Parking4Cruises refunds took over 3 weeks and would have been longer had I not chased them, but I have now received refunds for two cruises - one less a £10 admin fee (as it was a ‘budget’ booking) for a cancelled cruise and one for the full amount (standard booking) for a cruise in the summer that we now wouldn’t risk going on, even if it wasn’t cancelled. Given how much chasing I am having to do with other companies for refunds in this crisis, I am very happy with Parking4Cruises and hope that they come out the other side of this crisis as we find them to be excellent. 

We were booked with CPS for the Iona maiden which of course has been cancelled. I phoned them and was given the option of a refund or transfer to a later cruise. Chose the refund and it was in my account within a few days. Excellent service.

Recently cancelled a booking with P4C.  Refunded within a few days.

We've been using P4C for about five/six years now.  Always found them to be really good.

Mind you, on one occasion, one of their parking operatives commented that I'd parked quite a distance from where they were, and asked whether I'd seen their flag.

I replied that I had seen their flag, could still see it from where I was sitting in the car, that I was within 30 metres of their flag and that if that was good enough for Bomber Command, it was good enough for me!

2 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Recently cancelled a booking with P4C.  Refunded within a few days.

We've been using P4C for about five/six years now.  Always found them to be really good.

Mind you, on one occasion, one of their parking operatives commented that I'd parked quite a distance from where they were, and asked whether I'd seen their flag.

I replied that I had seen their flag, could still see it from where I was sitting in the car, that I was within 30 metres of their flag and that if that was good enough for Bomber Command, it was good enough for me!

Which just goes to show how good they are. If I’d been the operative and you’d parked 30 metres away from the check in point I would have left you there 😂

2 hours ago, Scriv said:

We phoned CPS after cruise was cancelled  and our requested refund was also back on the card  within a few days. Agree, excellent service and so pleasant on the phone too.

Ditto. Very efficient and the money back within just a few days.