Option 1 or Opton 2 What did you choose

antsp

If needed, we will choose Option 2. This is also important if Princess does

adopt the age 70 or older recommendation by CLIA (of which Princess is a 

member). Since DH just turned 70, we would not ever be able to cruise again.

(No physician in their right mind will sign the paperwork). That is what physicians

have said, due to the liability issues).

We currently are Platinum and have 3 cruises booked with them- our favorite.😪

Had two cruises book that are effected here. We took Option 1 for many reasons. First we have 3 more cruises with Princess already booked over the next two years. Second want to support Princess and leave the cash with them. We understand cash flow the problems they have now. Third Princess (CCL) is not going to go bankrupt, they are in the best position of the big three, they have the lowest debt and the best ability to pay. I hold CCL stock have purchase a lot more shares over the last few weeks, strongly believe in the company. My stock is worth more per share than the current market prices.   Princess will get through this and be stronger than ever.

Look forward to many more years sailing with Princess Cruises.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2020 at 5:48 PM, nini said:

If needed, we will choose Option 2. This is also important if Princess does

adopt the age 70 or older recommendation by CLIA (of which Princess is a 

member). Since DH just turned 70, we would not ever be able to cruise again.

(No physician in their right mind will sign the paperwork). That is what physicians

have said, due to the liability issues).

We currently are Platinum and have 3 cruises booked with them- our favorite.😪

What is this about? I haven't seen anything about this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

What is this about? I haven't seen anything about this.

CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association), which is an association that includes many major cruiselines, had agreed to recommend that passengers over the age of 70 years old will require a 'fit to travel' letter from their physician before being allowed to embark.  From what I've read, doctors don't want to provide this to their patients as it is a liability for them.  It isn't just Princess but all cruiselines that belong to CLIA, which is pretty inclusive.  

My thoughts it was a concession to possibly obtain some of the CoVid relief legislation dollars, which didn't pan out as, most major cruiselines are not based out of the US.  (headquartered, yes ... registered, no)

Not sure how that is going to work out for the cruiselines in the long run as they did not receive CoVid legislation loans in this bill.  It could be temporary, the restrictions could be rescinded ... who knows but, the cruiselines haven't had to actually deal with it as of yet as I don't believe any embarkations have occurred since this policy has been put in place.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association), which is an association that includes many major cruiselines, had agreed to recommend that passengers over the age of 70 years old will require a 'fit to travel' letter from their physician before being allowed to embark.  From what I've read, doctors don't want to provide this to their patients as it is a liability for them.  It isn't just Princess but all cruiselines that belong to CLIA, which is pretty inclusive.  

My thoughts it was a concession to possibly obtain some of the CoVid relief legislation dollars, which didn't pan out as, most major cruiselines are not based out of the US.  (headquartered, yes ... registered, no)

Not sure how that is going to work out for the cruiselines in the long run as they did not receive CoVid legislation loans in this bill.  It could be temporary, the restrictions could be rescinded ... who knows but, the cruiselines haven't had to actually deal with it as of yet as I don't believe any embarkations have occurred since this policy has been put in place.  

You say “It isn’t just Princess....”?????

Has  Princess put any of this in writing yet??  

Edited by dog

6 hours ago, dog said:

You say “It isn’t just Princess....”?????

Has  Princess put any of this in writing yet??  

Oh no ... not just Princess but all of the major cruiselines that belong to CLIA.  

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article241097796.html

This notice from Carnival outlines the restrictions:

Carnival Cruise Line has added a new rule for guests that prohibit anyone 70 years old or older, as well as those with chronic medical conditions, from going on a cruise out of concern that Coronavirus could affect them substantially more.

Carnival consulted with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to craft this new policy, and it prohibits:

• Guests who are 70 years and older, will be required to present a doctor’s “fit to sail’ letter at check-in, confirming they do not meet any of the health/medical criteria.
    • If you are unable to present this letter, you will not be allowed to cruise.
  • Guests who have been hospitalized in the last two months for, or have a history of, severe or chronic medical conditions.
    • Per CDC, chronic conditions are defined as an illness persisting for a long time or constantly recurring, such as diabetes, heart, kidney or lung disease, suppressed immunity (i.e., active cancer, taking steroids) or require oxygen for any reason.

Anyone that falls into one of these categories will have the following options:

• Receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC). In addition, guests will also receive a future onboard credit – US$300 per stateroom if you were scheduled to sail on a cruise of 5 days or less; US$600 per stateroom if you were scheduled to sail on a cruise of 6 days or longer – when you rebook your future cruise.
  • Receive a cash refund, to be processed to the original form of payment within 90 days.
  • Guests traveling in the same stateroom as the impacted party are also eligible for the compensation options listed above.
  • Any accompanying family or friends in separate staterooms who also wish to cancel will receive a 100% future cruise credit.

Edited by Cruise Raider

13 minutes ago, dog said:

Where is it published on the Princess website? Link to specifics for Princess, please. 

It was a CLIA proposal made to the US government back around March 11th (Princess belongs to CLIA).   

Since Princess had already suspended their operations at the time and is not due to start up again until May 11th and since I was unable to find anything specific to Princess, I assume they haven't even released that as of yet.  If CLIA does not rescind this proposal, then, I'm sure Princess will have to abide by this, though.  I'm sure you will see a press release on or before they start their operations again.  

Again, I'm assuming they haven't already done a press release on this policy ... a quick search didn't reveal anything, at least not anything I found.  

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I was unable to find anything specific to Princess, I assume they haven't even released that as of yet.  

Again, I'm assuming they haven't already done a press release on this policy ... a quick search didn't reveal anything, at least not anything I found.  

Thank you for clarifying this. Appreciate it.