Option 1 or Opton 2 What did you choose

antsp

Option 1. I have three cruises booked later this year that I can apply the FCCs to. I assume Princess provided that option because they need to hold on to as much cash as they can. Princess has provided a lot of good times and memories over the years. Hate to see them go bankrupt. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, barante said:

Where does one find the form? I canceled my cruise but never heard from Princess.

https://princess.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3IPGcxcN0jSk6c5 

More information: https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/global-ship-operations-pause.html 

Edited by Coral

Option #1.  I booked the same cruise, South America that I had to cancel.  I have been with Princess for

69 cruises, I do not intend to abandon them now.  Things will be back to normal, the stock will go up.

Greg

I chose option 2, the reason being our daughter was sailing with us on the sky, unfortunately she won’t be able to sail in the next few years so even though we were all on the same booking and cabin she would bet the fcc

Strangely enough, we were only given option 2. We booked directly through Princess, but in Europe. 

Anyway, we would have probably used option 2 either way, I really want to go on a Princess cruise but the prices available now are much higher than the cruise that was cancelled (Sky Princess transatlantic).

In general I think most cruise lines have pretty high prices right now.

• Like 1

I chose Option 2.

I had a month long cruise planned that was pretty $$$ for me, the most expensive cruise I had booked. I didn't want that much in FCC over the next 2 years. If it had been a 7 or 14 night cruise, I would have chosen Option 1. Plus, the trip I was on this year is not being done next year.

Even though we cruise often and do have several future bookings on Princess, we choose option 2.  Why?  Because the difference of 25% more wasn't very great for us .. our cruise that was canceled was an incredibly great deal.  And ... I am kind of a bird in the hand type of person.  Also, we have some Princess gift cards we need to use up and lastly, we have an Alaskan cruise booked for the end of August and there is too much uncertainty around the Alaska sailings this season.  I would hate to keep kicking that can, or should I say, FCC down the road. 

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that Alaska cruise is still on and will be disappointed if not but, que sera sera!!  Life will go on ... God willing!!  

• Like 1

If our Alaska cruise is cancelled (due to sail May 16th) we would go 100% refund.  We still want to do the cruise, but I don't want to tie up the money with future cruise not knowing if and when it will sail again.

our plan is to book something within a 30 - 60 day window and get the cheapest price we can and go

5 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Option 2. We have 2 more cruises already booked but want money back now for our March cruise. Will deal with paying for future cruises when the dates get closer and we wee what's happening at that time 

We took Option #2 because it was a 30 plus day cruise in a mini suite and  it was overt $16,000....did not trust what is going on and the 25% FCC will be a good chunk of change for another cruise if they are cruising at all the rest of this year.....still have our fingers crossed that refund will be on our CC pretty soon....

Edited by PrincessLuver