for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

79F5C51F-E9A4-4212-B10D-3435944DA597.thumb.jpeg.df33070a2380d70662039ad75d9cb0db.jpeg Lois: The jumpsuit looks fantastic on you, red is definitely your color! Glad you had a good time.

Melody:  really great picture, the two of you are a very attractive couple!

Son made it to Minnesota!  We will meet up in Indianapolis the day after Christmas, so looking forward to hugging him!

I was inspired to try and post a picture, not sure how I did this but this is from our cruise on Allure.  Nice to be back cruising😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, good morning. 😃 Yes, it was fun and quite different.  We had 15 days.......and I think 10 or 11 ports.......I got off in 3........took a tour in St Thomas, Bequia, and Antigua.......all the other days I stayed on board and basically did nothing........I brought 2 books with me and ended up not reading either. It was mostly sitting around the pool (in the shade).......I know there were at least 4 full sea days but for me it was mostly all sea days LOL.

Now have a question,  one of the gals I cruised with sent me  photos, I want to post a few of them, would I just copy and paste them from my mailbox? I haven't posted a photo on here in years.

Wait - no drinking adult beverages while just hanging out????  

Today was the first hectic day at work.  Oh - no Covid for any of us.  Yay.   Checkins, checkouts, too many vendors and housekeepers for the parking spaces we had.  They started just taking empty spots, which ended up having some owners come back to find a random vehicle in their spot.  Not fun.  Ran around trying to find spots here and there for a few hours.  I ended up moving my car twice to give up my spot.   THEN, around 5pm, after the maintenance guy left, I got calls about no hot water, only lukewarm.  YIKES!  Right when people are showering before dinner.   Fortunately, my guy was able to talk me through where to go and what to do in order to get another tank online and start shoving hot water into the pipes.  

Oh, and I got my first nasty person of the year.  An owner's daughter shipped her skis FedEx.  Tracking said they arrived Friday and were by signed by "RRon".  Well, I was the one here on Friday, we had no FedEx deliveries and no one here is "RRon."  When I tried to tell her the different scenarios that could have happened and that I never took receipt of any skis, she actually said "well, are YOU lying or FedEx?"  And she didn't say that in a nice way.   I went over the "things happen" again and had her watch me as I called FedEx and could not get anything other than "they were delivered."   It's happened everywhere I have worked.  The delivery guys won't get an actual signature, but will just fill one in.  Most of the time it's OK, but when things like this happen...  

I have a half hour left and maybe an hour's worth of stuff to do.  I don't think I'm going to do it all after all this.  

OOTD: dark gray Woolx leggings, a blue/white chambray striped Sundance shirt and a dark gray OLD vest I had from JJill and wore 40 lbs ago.  It looks good for the "boyfriend" look.  

ETA:  Almost forgot - my nice family from Tennessee left me a $250 tip!!!  Going into my vacation fund.

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi everyone!  

Lois, love the photos & the red jumpsuit, & it sounds like your cruise was so much fun!   how great to meet some people that you click with & make friendships

Melody, love the photos of you & your husband... & that green dress is divine!  Enjoy your time with granddaughter 🙂

That was my college winter formal (made the dress) that turned into our engagement evening

• Like 2

17 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Wait - no drinking adult beverages while just hanging out????  

Today was the first hectic day at work.  Oh - no Covid for any of us.  Yay.   Checkins, checkouts, too many vendors and housekeepers for the parking spaces we had.  They started just taking empty spots, which ended up having some owners come back to find a random vehicle in their spot.  Not fun.  Ran around trying to find spots here and there for a few hours.  I ended up moving my car twice to give up my spot.   THEN, around 5pm, after the maintenance guy left, I got calls about no hot water, only lukewarm.  YIKES!  Right when people are showering before dinner.   Fortunately, my guy was able to talk me through where to go and what to do in order to get another tank online and start shoving hot water into the pipes.  

Oh, and I got my first nasty person of the year.  An owner's daughter shipped her skis FedEx.  Tracking said they arrived Friday and were by signed by "RRon".  Well, I was the one here on Friday, we had no FedEx deliveries and no one here is "RRon."  When I tried to tell her the different scenarios that could have happened and that I never took receipt of any skis, she actually said "well, are YOU lying or FedEx?"  And she didn't say that in a nice way.   I went over the "things happen" again and had her watch me as I called FedEx and could not get anything other than "they were delivered."   It's happened everywhere I have worked.  The delivery guys won't get an actual signature, but will just fill one in.  Most of the time it's OK, but when things like this happen...  

I have a half hour left and maybe an hour's worth of stuff to do.  I don't think I'm going to do it all after all this.  

OOTD: dark gray Woolx leggings, a blue/white chambray striped Sundance shirt and a dark gray OLD vest I had from JJill and wore 40 lbs ago.  It looks good for the "boyfriend" look.  

ETA:  Almost forgot - my nice family from Tennessee left me a $250 tip!!!  Going into my vacation fund.

I despise entitled idiots

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat,🙂 not sure I get your question.......yes, there were adult beverages.....I drink on a cruise more than I ever do at home. 

I was joking.  I didn't see you mention sipping on those beverages while lounging onboard instead of going ashore.

6 hours ago, awhfy said:

I despise entitled idiots

I do grow weary of them.  But, that's life in a big resort town, especially if you work in hospitality.  Oh, the stories I could tell!!  My one friend and I keep threatening to write a tell-all book about our experiences.  Drunk Supreme Court Justices, Harvey Weinstein, stoned pizza mega-owner, stoned celebrities,  amazingly polite US Senators, amazingly entitled US Senators,  very polite celebrities - you name it, we've seen it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I was joking.  I didn't see you mention sipping on those beverages while lounging onboard instead of going ashore.

Ohhh.....ok,  I must have been having a Sr moment😲........sipping was definitely part of the plan😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

I do grow weary of them.  But, that's life in a big resort town, especially if you work in hospitality.  Oh, the stories I could tell!!  My one friend and I keep threatening to write a tell-all book about our experiences.  Drunk Supreme Court Justices, Harvey Weinstein, stoned pizza mega-owner, stoned celebrities,  amazingly polite US Senators, amazingly entitled US Senators,  very polite celebrities - you name it, we've seen it.

Kat,  if you ever completely retire, please write it... I bet it'd be a hit 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I was in hospitality (as a protocol officer) for over 35 years…I truly understand

• Like 1

11 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I would read it😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Great pics everyone!  Nice to see everyone enjoying vacations, cruises, family get-togethers this year. What a difference from last year, although omicron's lurking....  In the last two days I've learned of several new covid cases among vaccinated colleagues and although they don't know for sure, I'm betting it's omicron.

I took today off to run errands, pack, and make some cookies before we leave for Florida tomorrow.  It's chilly here but getting warmer as the day goes on. 

OOTD:  vaguely animal print soft sweater in black/taupe, dark jeans, black Cole Haan street sneakers.

• Like 1

A tidbit:

When Snoop Dog stayed at our hotel, we all took turns hanging around outside his room - the "fumes" smelled really good 😎

we're supposed to get dumped on with snow for the next 10 days.  8-12 inches tomorrow, with 1-5 every day after that.  Ugh.   I guess I'll be plugging in my snowblower since that's tooooooo much to shovel!  Melody - don't blame me if you all get it, too.  I didn't order it!!!!!

OOTD:  leggings and a sweatshirt.  Just going to visit my hair stylist today.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 3

Hi Ladies!

Kat,  dang, that's a lot of snow 😉. Here we are in CA & we just decided last night that when we retire (someday) we are going to send our winters in New Zealand... can't handle the dark before 5 & the cold lol... I guess as we are getting older we are wimping out..  it's been anywhere from high 40's to 60's but we are woosies lol..  getting lots of much needed rain lately...  tomorrow might we are going on a Duffy boat with all the kids for Belmont shores Christmas lights... taking spiked hot chocolate for the grownups 😉 

Cynthia,  are you all moved?  Florida sounds nice, warm & sunny...Enjoy!   & Omicron, I'm half trying to bury my head in the sand on that...  we still wear masks here, but have decided to add extra precautions next 4 weeks... it's been more than 8 months since Steve's booster shot...  he got a total AB test yesterday, & if his numbers aren't where they should be, we will be begging trial center for a full booster (he only received 10 mg, the booster everyone else got is 30).   I'll be doing all the shopping & we're only going to do outdoor dining for a bit.

Regarding the fun pics, I'm going to share some of mine from my work Christmas party last weekend...  got to get dressed up with heels & everything...  I don't have a pic by myself but there's one with a coworker...  also a little video of the boat parade that went past our party venue 🙂 

I'm the one with no jacket on 

me christmas pary 2020.JPG

• Like 3

Hi Debbie, nice photo🙂

Hi Cynthia, you coming to visit your Mom for Christmas? Hope you have a great time. The weather got quite cold here over the last couple of days.......last night was in the 30s..........yes, Debbie, we got down to really cold. I had to put the heat on!

Yesterday it rained ALL day.........today was cool but the sun came out👍

• Like 1

Duffy boats are so fun!  Had them when I lived in Newport Beach.  

Oh, the snow is coming from another atmospheric river, so California is going to get dumped on, too.  

I changed up my OOTD:  my "old hippie lady" embroidered jeans from Sundance Catalog , a Tshirt and my "OHL" wrap jacket.  

I stopped off at the grocery to pick up some sushi for lunch (they do good fresh stuff) after getting the skunk stripe done and some copper stripes done.  Woah!  It was PACKED!  I  don't remember it this bad.  Even the self-checkout had a line down the frozen food aisle.  And, then the road to get out and get home - the roundabout was jammed with people waiting to even get in the roundabout.   I'm not going out anymore until I have to go to work!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Cynthia,  are you all moved?  Florida sounds nice, warm & sunny...Enjoy!  

Well it's more northern Florida (where Lois lives) so it's not tropical. Still, it beats Michigan or upstate New York as a Christmas destination, lol.

I'm still moving. I knew it would take a while because I wanted to get things done to the condo first before the big move in. Still waiting on the floors to be refinished which makes it hard to move any furniture in. I am getting new stacked washer/dryer installed right after Christmas.  And I finally may have found someone to buy some of the furniture I'm not planning to keep. Yay!

15 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, you coming to visit your Mom for Christmas? Hope you have a great time. The weather got quite cold here over the last couple of days.......last night was in the 30s..........yes, Debbie, we got down to really cold. I had to put the heat on!

Yesterday it rained ALL day.........today was cool but the sun came out👍

Yes, coming to Jax but it's a bit of a quick visit as I have to be back for more condo work....  

I know from past experience at Christmas that it can be anything from freezing to hot, so I just bring layers. We probably won't be going out anywhere as my parents are not really able to enjoy it and we would worry about their exposure to anything. 

• Like 2

Lois, I seem to remember last winter it got very cold where you are!    

We have a very cold storm here right now...  freezing rain, & high winds...  our Duffy got cancelled, darn!  Water too rough.    It's way too cold & rainy to get together outside, so we're not all getting together tonight, so disappointing...but our little granddaughter can't get vaccinated yet....  Sunday weather looks good so we'll have our patio brunch then.   

Hi Debbie, that weather sounds terrible........freezing rain in LA? Yikes!........but why I am really not surprised? Mother Nature is all over the place.  Yes, we have climate change and it affects the world!

And I know you are disappointed but you are being very smart.....you would not want that little one to catch anything!!!!

I am sure you will have a nice brunch🙂

• Like 1