for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

16 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I’d tell UPS that this has to be signed for, it’s too important to be dropped off

Good morning Melody.......going forward I will do that..........

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi again, nope, the local pharmacy has nothing to do with this medication and even if they wanted to help, it is impossible.  Insurance/policy/etc......this is a cancer medication and has to be ordered specifically from from a "Specialty Pharmacy"..........

I even called my Hematologist and they don't even have anything available. He told me I would be ok even if I missed a week's worth.....which is probably going to happen. I won't know anything for sure until Tuesday or Wednesday.

☹️ bummer bummer bummer.  

21 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

x2 on the capris. I think a lot depends on body proportions. I have a shorter torso and longer legs than most. 

But also, I never really understood how fashion dictates said capris make your legs look "stumpy" while happily recommending skirts of the same length???  Surely those skirts would not only make one's legs look equally stumpy but also make your hips look blockier due to the solid visual "space" of the skirt vs. capris or pants which have a more slimming separation between one's legs....

i have a longer torso and shorter legs.  Trying to buy ski suits back in the day was tough because the torso was frequently too short for me.  i was not willing to suffer for fashion 🙀   I don't look good in midi or tea-length skirts, either.  My legs just don't look long enough for them.  it's probably why i go for those short skirts/dresses.  

melody - yay for having a nice evening at CdS.  Love your happy cardigan!  

Sharon - weird to hear from me, but I decided I don't need more Woolx for now.  I have a dentist appoinment down in the Valley this week so I will be making a TJs run.   hot weather - one of my friends down in Long Beach said it was 110 when she came out of church yesterday!!!  As i had those hot temps all of July, i know what you feel and I hope it ends soon.  our emergency heat warning ends 11pm on the 7th.  

Happy Labor Day to all.  Here, we call it 'Miners Day' in honor of our town's mining heritage and those who worked underground in the mines.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 2

Melody, loved the pictures and your new cardigan/ duster. That will be a great addition to your cruise wardrobe!

Kat, wow no additional Woolx pieces needed! They are now sending emails 2X a day.

Well, I have a short torso and short legs-cloths shopping can be frustrating! Usually need to shorten or otherwise alter to fit.  Hope you found good stuff st TJ’s

Sharon

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 8:49 PM, purduemom1 said:

Cynthia, thanks for the hotel info. I looked at their website and liked what I saw especially their location and types of rooms. It is now bookmarked and in my Italy folder. 

I've stayed at a lot of Rome hotels over the years, and Albergo del Senato is my favorite 😍 but there are lots of good options -- partly depends on what you want to see and do while there. 

Hi Sharon the survey went well although I gave not received my promised amazon card , I hope it wasnt a scam but there was nothing personal asked .Funny we called our dog Mr T .

We are away at our home by a lake at the moment relaxing , I am anyway , resting after my first radiation  .My husband is doing jobs eg painting.

Its very cold and although Spring there was snow in the distant mountain this morning .

Ive just been for a big walk in my Lululemon yet again . 
I do like the little linen dress on this post and Im only 5.3 so it could be good .

9 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Hi Sharon the survey went well although I gave not received my promised amazon card , I hope it wasnt a scam but there was nothing personal asked .Funny we called our dog Mr T .

We are away at our home by a lake at the moment relaxing , I am anyway , resting after my first radiation  .My husband is doing jobs eg painting.

Its very cold and although Spring there was snow in the distant mountain this morning .

Ive just been for a big walk in my Lululemon yet again . 
I do like the little linen dress on this post and Im only 5.3 so it could be good .

Hope your treatment goes well & quickly 

Good morning......looks like I will be able to get my meds replaced. I have been on the phone since early this morning, first with the pharmacy and then with the Insurance company.  I am still waiting for the final response but the gal at BC was extremely nice and she said they would allow an over ride. Waiting for a call back and will let ya'll know what happens.

• Like 1

Well, you are not going to believe this......or maybe you will.  I am on my way to Publix when I see the gal I know who works maintenance on our property.......she was trying to help and wanted to make sure nobody took it---so she actually took my meds and put them in the head of security's office. I had not seen her on Friday to ask about it. I did go to the main office but they had not seen a box for me.   So I did get the medicine!   And I called the pharmacy back and called BC/BS back and told them I found my meds and don't send another shipment.

Oh my goodness.............so UPS did deliver and they did arrive.  I was able to take my pills starting this morning so at least I am only 4 days behind.  

• Like 4

15 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I've stayed at a lot of Rome hotels over the years, and Albergo del Senato is my favorite 😍 but there are lots of good options -- partly depends on what you want to see and do while there. 

Italy is still in the discussion stages right now. Once we decide snd plan the itinerary I will be back with more questions. If we do this, we know we will spend time in the Abbruzo region. That is where my dad was from and we love the non touristy aspects that each of the little cities offer. 

Lois, you must be relieved to finally know what happened with your meds. Good that you happened to run into the maintenance person while shopping.

Mr T ( hope it’s ok to use the short version),I hope you enjoy tour stay at the lake and that your treatments go well.

As for capris, I have a friend who looks great in them. However, they just don’t work for me. Thankfully we have other choices so something for everyone. 

Today will be our hottest day ever. I’m worried about the power capacity and just hope that our a/c will be ok. It is on the roof so in full sun. My sister in So Cal called to say that her a/c isn’t working and she isn’t sure when someone can come out to see what is going on. Her unit isn’t that old so hopefully she won’t need a new one. 

Take care,

Sharon

• Like 1

Yay Lois!!   Now, just sit back and relax for a little while!

Sharon - my friends in So CA have been commenting on that scorching heat.  I can totally understand after my month in Europe.  We're supposed to get to 91F today, which feels 10 degrees hotter up here at altitude.  I'm dreading driving down into the Valley tomorrow to see my dentist and visit TJs - it's supposed to be around 104 down there.  It was 105 yesterday, the hottest sept day on record for salt lake.  

• Like 1

It’s a beautiful day here today so I will go for a big walk, there are very few people here as it is more of a summer holiday destination which is nice and quiet.

We leave tomorrow to return to the hospital for treatment two of three,then the dreaded next treatment will begin.

I received my Amazon gift card so It wasn’t a scam , the questions seemed relevant to cruising and I would like to think I would see a scam but they seem to be very clever these days.

I love reading recommendations for Italy ,hopefully we will cruise next year and add Italy on.

Enjoy the heat ,we are looking forward to Summer here .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Well, you are not going to believe this......or maybe you will.  I am on my way to Publix when I see the gal I know who works maintenance on our property.......she was trying to help and wanted to make sure nobody took it---so she actually took my meds and put them in the head of security's office. I had not seen her on Friday to ask about it. I did go to the main office but they had not seen a box for me.   So I did get the medicine!   And I called the pharmacy back and called BC/BS back and told them I found my meds and don't send another shipment.

Oh my goodness.............so UPS did deliver and they did arrive.  I was able to take my pills starting this morning so at least I am only 4 days behind.  

Good news

5 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Yay Lois!!   Now, just sit back and relax for a little while!

Sharon - my friends in So CA have been commenting on that scorching heat.  I can totally understand after my month in Europe.  We're supposed to get to 91F today, which feels 10 degrees hotter up here at altitude.  I'm dreading driving down into the Valley tomorrow to see my dentist and visit TJs - it's supposed to be around 104 down there.  It was 105 yesterday, the hottest sept day on record for salt lake.  

Well it’s 112 here now! A record for sure. The A/C seems to be on more than off. Supposed to go to higher in an hour or so. Our  summer temps are high but never this high.  By next Saturday temps are supposed to drop into the 90’s-can’t wait! Yes, So Cal is really feeling this unusual heat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

Well it’s 112 here now! A record for sure. The A/C seems to be on more than off. Supposed to go to higher in an hour or so. Our  summer temps are high but never this high.  By next Saturday temps are supposed to drop into the 90’s-can’t wait! Yes, So Cal is really feeling this unusual heat.

You live in the Valley, right?  I remember driving up through there on the way to Yosemite,  it was indeed hot in the Summer.  Do you get that nice smell of the cow farms??  It has to be awful now with this heat!

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

You live in the Valley, right?  I remember driving up through there on the way to Yosemite,  it was indeed hot in the Summer.  Do you get that nice smell of the cow farms??  It has to be awful now with this heat!

LOL yes I live in the valley and no, no cow aroma here in the cities. Earlier the alert function on my phone went off warning that power reserves were low and asking for conservation. That request has been made constantly over the last few days but this was the first phone alert. All of CA received it. Sac reached 115 and Death Valley 125. 3 more days of this until it starts to cool down. sigh

Stay cool when you head to SLC. 

• Like 2

I just got back.  Clean bill of dental health.  Went to TJs and had a 'holy cr@p" moment at the register.  What can i say?  I hadn't been there in 2 months.  Some salads, some cheese, some nuts & trail mix, some things for the freezer and some salsas.  it was the first official day of 'pumpkin' season so they were putting out their goods.  My favorite pumpkin spice oatmeal was on the shelves.  The pumpkin cream cheese wasn't there yet.  Another reason for a quick trip again 😸

It was 104 on the car temp down there.  What is really strange is that I didn't notice it that much.  All that time over in Europe must have helped.  Plus, very low humidity helps.  

ootd;  lavender Woolx tank and jeans shorts.

• Like 1

Hi Kat, glad the Dr said everything is good.  I like a good oatmeal but to be honest, I am not a pumpkin person and that does not sound good to me.  

Hi Sharon, hope those temps come down for you soon (and for you too Kat).  It was about 90 here today. Normal for Sept. Still freakin humid though😲

Kat, 👍 on the dental report! Our TJ’s had the pumpkin cream cheese but no pumpkin bagels yet. We bought 2 of the cream cheese (no judging 😉). As for the heat, it cooled down today……to 110. Actually when the temp is over 100 or so it all seems the same-HOT! We are used to it and I get that, after the 2 months you spent in Europe, you are adjusted to the higher temps.

Lois, 90 with humidity does not sound good to me. As long as the power stays on here and our a/c keeps working, could be that that our heat might be easier to handle than yours🤷‍♀️? 90’s are predicted here this weekend and next week. Will seem really nice. 

Going for our flu shots tomorrow-oh boy, can’t wait. Then errands and hopefully home before the predicted 108 degrees sets in. OOTD for tomorrow-the coolest thing I can find and very little make up-it Will just run off.

• Like 1

97 here yesterday, set a record for the date. Supposed to cool this weekend. Not humid tho. It was mighty hot watching our granddaughter’s hs softball game 

Lois, I’m with you, not a pumpkin fan. Not peppermint mocha is a different story 😉

Hi Melody, you meant to say, NOW peppermint mocha LOL😃

All kinds of news happening this morning....looks like Queen Elizabeth's health is really going downhill. The whole family has been called to see her in Scotland. Can you believe she has been on the Throne for 70 years??

And not sure how many of you remember (or watched) CNN in their early years.....Bernie Shaw was at the core of the anchor desk.....Loved him.  He passed away yesterday.  RIP..........

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lois R said:

It was about 90 here today. Normal for Sept. Still freakin humid though😲

I was just there a few days ago to celebrate my mom's 90th birthday.  When it's that hot and humid, it saps all your energy. Feels like you are trying to walk underwater in the hot tub with lead boots on.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I was just there a few days ago to celebrate my mom's 90th birthday.  When it's that hot and humid, it saps all your energy. Feels like you are trying to walk underwater in the hot tub with lead boots on.

One of these days we need to meet, lunch is on me😀

• Like 1