for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

24 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Lois, your trip should be amazing!  The fall colors were pretty on ours, especially up around Quebec, but should be spectacular for you!

What’s your itinerary?

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri,.......these are the stops:

Cruise Saguenay River (Quebec)

Saguenay (Quebec)

Sept-Iles, Quebec

Havre St. Pierre (Quebec)

Îles-de-la-Madeleine, Quebec

Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island)

Sydney (Nova Scotia)

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Bar Harbor Maine

Boston Massachusetts

Cape Cod Canal Transit (Canal Transit, Massachusetts)

Newport, Rhode Island

ends in NYC............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I drove down to the Chico's outlet store this morning😀and I found 2 pair of pants and 2 tops.

It has been awhile since I got anything new........I will take both outfits on my upcoming cruise. I leave 2 weeks from today. One pair of pants is like a twill with a black background and beautiful colors of burgundy and gold (sort of muted) floral.......the tag says Winter Rose Garden.  Got a solid black top, in a finer gauge knit to go with them. And the other is a pair solid grey slacks with a beautiful top--a pullover sweater (also a finer gauge) with a lovely print of light grey/cream/wine.  I will try to find pictures to post. Melody, you would love this store😀

We don’t have an OTR close by but I’ve bought a few things on line. Take some pictures of your outfits, they sound great. Where is your cruise going? 

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Thanks, Melody, the home tests are known for giving a lot of false negatives and, since they are antigen, not very good at picking up the newer variants.  I am just going to piggyback on to my husband’s results!😂

Sherri🙂

Kat, not me 

Thanks for all the positive thoughts from the USA .

Many of you are turning into budding photographers , we don't have apple shops over here but I do love my iphone etc.

Its a gorgeous day here at the lake and we are going for a walk today , I am going to wear my new leggings and top from Lorna Jane an Australian active wear brand . First time I have got them and they are so comfortable.

Sherri I hope if you do have covid the symptoms are mild.

Nice clothes Lois and the itinerary looks great.

Melissa 🙂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MrToblerone said:

Thanks for all the positive thoughts from the USA .

Many of you are turning into budding photographers , we don't have apple shops over here but I do love my iphone etc.

Its a gorgeous day here at the lake and we are going for a walk today , I am going to wear my new leggings and top from Lorna Jane an Australian active wear brand . First time I have got them and they are so comfortable.

Sherri I hope if you do have covid the symptoms are mild.

Nice clothes Lois and the itinerary looks great.

Melissa 🙂

Thanks, Melissa!  I am feeling so much better today!  

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We don’t have an OTR close by but I’ve bought a few things on line. Take some pictures of your outfits, they sound great. Where is your cruise going? 

Hi Melody, I posted the itinerary. See #6337. And I posted pictures of the clothes too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri,.......these are the stops:

Cruise Saguenay River (Quebec)

Saguenay (Quebec)

Sept-Iles, Quebec

Havre St. Pierre (Quebec)

Îles-de-la-Madeleine, Quebec

Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island)

Sydney (Nova Scotia)

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Bar Harbor Maine

Boston Massachusetts

Cape Cod Canal Transit (Canal Transit, Massachusetts)

Newport, Rhode Island

ends in NYC............

We did not get to go to Charlottetown or Sydney due to Fiona.  And did not spend much time in Bar Harbor due to thunderstorms.  Halifax is pretty, a very nice walkway along the harbor with shops, restaurants, bars and museums.  If you are there on. Saturday, there was a farmer’s market at then end of th terminal area from 8 until 2 that was small but fun.  

My favorite port was Quebec City, absolutely beautiful but lots of walking up large hills.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Hi Sherri, I have been to several of the stops before but not in a long time and I have never been to Quebec or PEI. Hoping for nice weather and I know it will be cool outside😀

Lois - I like the flowered jeans.  They  probably call them that because they are jeans cut, not because they are denim.  You are going to have a good time and look sharp!!

i had a good  leaf peep.  I just drove up the hill from where I work to the pass and down the other way.  Stopped and did a little walk in an aspen grove.  Further down the aspens were replaced by oaks - beautiful coral and scarlet colors.  unfortunately, no place to pull over on that stretch of VERY narrow, no berm road.  But I did get some good shots in the aspens.  When i get a chance later tonight,  i'll put up a couple of them.

The road road ends in the town where I get my oil changed.  drove by and there was no one in line!!  Since I was going to go there tomorrow, i went in and came out 15 minutes all done. Usually there are cars waiting, so I was really happy.  

• Like 1

Hi All,

Kids are off visiting with the other grandparents. Will be back tomorrow. Gives us a chance to catch up a bit. Did do some shopping but certainly nothing as interesting as your purchases, Lois. We don’t have a OTR near by but I have purchased a few things  at outlet malls. I love that top! Great choice and will look so nice with the gray pants.

Sherri, I’m sorry that you are most likely positive. I hope that yours is a mild case. Good to hear that your DH is improving. 

Kat, love your pictures. I can see how valuable it was to take a walk around downtown for first hand experience. Our Apple store is in a mall and I doubt that there is nothing nearby as interesting as you have. As for leaf peeping, I love to look up at the mountainside with Aspen gold and the green pine when driving thru’ the Rockies. Sadly, no leaf peeping here yet:(

Melissa, you have a great attitude and I just know your treatment will be successful. I am sending good thoughts your way. Good to hear that you are enjoying  your time at the lake.

Melody, I hope you finally got the results of your last scan. 

Oh, Lois, I second what Sherri said about Quebec. It is so charming and walkable. There are two levels to the old town and hopefully the funicular is still operating. Your itinerary sounds amazing-just wish I was going along! 

Sharon

• Like 1

OK.  I got the pix transferred to my MacBook.  Here's just a couple of my faves.  Sharon - i'm lucky that SLC has 3 Apple Stores.  I took the first class at the store that's in a mall.  The guy teaching the class actually recommended going to the downtown store for the architecture class because they walk around the neighborhood.  But, even in a bland mall you can look for dimensions, little features, an interesting wall pattern...

Oh,  a sign that SLC has hit the 'big time" - a Hyatt Regency is being built downtown and the Chicos in the downtown mall has been replaced with a Louis Vuitton 🙀

jD8IA8aNRrCFX3tcmJwcaw.jpg

zNSuPMt8RTm26Mqq161y3Q.jpg

3mrQyLfyQV+EE0YZzVRufA.jpg

QH3JTTnaTtm96VquvFFwmg.jpg

ptfrdtnUTR+WXtXPvqN68A.jpg

PbRIv9EQTuWSiDsSEgt+Eg.jpg

WHsh7e8JTbKg%4hdaS8nSQ.jpg

uMstliWxS+K1iQgBDWlzkw.jpg

%MfWBa84TxuAsydle9XmJQ.jpg

+tGD0TZrT+a7yzQo3Vu23g.jpg

HudHNpTqTjqYk6Nkiz897Q.jpg

• Like 3

Kat, wow you did an amazing job! Love your creativity. The Aspens are my favorite but the last picture is really beautiful.Red leaves are just so “fall”. We only have the one Apple store so will have to see if the mall can inspire some creativity.

So SLC is coming up in the world-nice!  Maybe more high end stores will appear at that mall? 

10 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Hi All,

Kids are off visiting with the other grandparents. Will be back tomorrow. Gives us a chance to catch up a bit. Did do some shopping but certainly nothing as interesting as your purchases, Lois. We don’t have a OTR near by but I have purchased a few things  at outlet malls. I love that top! Great choice and will look so nice with the gray pants.

Sherri, I’m sorry that you are most likely positive. I hope that yours is a mild case. Good to hear that your DH is improving. 

Kat, love your pictures. I can see how valuable it was to take a walk around downtown for first hand experience. Our Apple store is in a mall and I doubt that there is nothing nearby as interesting as you have. As for leaf peeping, I love to look up at the mountainside with Aspen gold and the green pine when driving thru’ the Rockies. Sadly, no leaf peeping here yet:(

Melissa, you have a great attitude and I just know your treatment will be successful. I am sending good thoughts your way. Good to hear that you are enjoying  your time at the lake.

Melody, I hope you finally got the results of your last scan. 

Oh, Lois, I second what Sherri said about Quebec. It is so charming and walkable. There are two levels to the old town and hopefully the funicular is still operating. Your itinerary sounds amazing-just wish I was going along! 

Sharon

The funicular is working but had a very long line, so we just walked.  We walked up to the Fairmont Hotel which is beautiful, then out to the citadel and around to the cathedral.  I think the first day we walked about 6 miles and 5 on the second.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Mr Toblerone, Melissa, hope you have a lovely weekend at the lake. 

Our weather took a chilly turn all of a sudden, yesterday was a high of 40F & our first frost.last night. Very glad that softball for our grandgirl ended on Tuesday!! Melody

14 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Kat, wow you did an amazing job! Love your creativity. The Aspens are my favorite but the last picture is really beautiful.Red leaves are just so “fall”. We only have the one Apple store so will have to see if the mall can inspire some creativity.

So SLC is coming up in the world-nice!  Maybe more high end stores will appear at that mall? 

thanks.  I looked uphill and didn't see anyone coming so i stopped on the road and did a quickie shot!   I wish I could have taken a shot of how the color changes due to the type of tree at altitude - yellow & green of the aspen and pines down to red & green down lower.  

SLC is getting up to date.  Tiffany's, Louis Vuitton, Free People, Tumi are relatively new.  and the other one i go to has Crate & Barrel, Sur la Table, and some high-end men's barber shop.  I heard yesterday on the radio that the dessert place on my Main Street was evicted at the end of Sept and is being replaced by a Kemo Sabe über high-end Western store (from Aspen and Jackson Hole).  Now all the tourist ladies are going to make like the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and buy a $500 cowboy hat 🤠.  i'd love to get a hatband from there, but even those wre out of my price range.

OOTD:  jeans and a long sleeve Tshirt - going to get to the mid-70s today so I'll be pushing up the sleeves a little later.  I have to go to Walmart and pick up a puppy collar and leash to put on my skeleton wolf/dog - my addition to my Halloween display,  he's going to be pulling the skeleton sled with my little skeleton driving...  The wolf/dog makes a howling noise when it detects movement so he's been startling people walking past - love it!  OH, and I have to go to the liquor store to pick up a bottle of prosecco to have for Stanley tomorrow night!

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Feeling a little punky today.  When i was at Walmart yesterday, I stopped by the pharmacy to ask if they had the bivalent modern booster - not until Wednesday.  I went ahead and got my mega-dose flu shot.  the pharmacist saw that I didn't have a new pneumonia shot, so he asked if i wanted it, too.  What the heck, I got both.  The right arm feels OK, but my left does feel sore and looks like I stung by a bee.  And, I've got a headache.  What we go through to not get sick!!

I went to the liquor store and did pick up my prosecco.  I also picked up a few random cans of wine, lambrusco, and sours.  The cans are becoming popular and I wanted to taste some of them.  

I got my dog collar, leash and 2 unicorn capes for my Halloween decoration.  The unicorns are a little too big for my flamingos - i'm going to put some bubble under it to make it fit better.  I also need to bring out my "Grab them by the Ballot" sign to bring some election levity.  

Remember - it's Stanley Tucci tonight!!

j%LnzquMSrK9wR0iBMYbsA.jpg

S84G+nbeTMKmE+e81o2hVA.jpg

• Like 1

Kat, love your decorations!  And I would really love to have your sign!  I hope you are feeling better, I used to give a lot of the  pneumonia vaccines for those under 65 and it was not unusual for them to have the same type of reaction you described. 

Feeling much better!  Still have a slight cough at times but nothing too bad.  I hope I really did have covid, may help my immunity for awhile. 

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Kat, love your decorations!  And I would really love to have your sign!  I hope you are feeling better, I used to give a lot of the  pneumonia vaccines for those under 65 and it was not unusual for them to have the same type of reaction you described. 

Feeling much better!  Still have a slight cough at times but nothing too bad.  I hope I really did have covid, may help my immunity for awhile. 

Sherri🙂

Sherri -  gooe to know you're feeling better.  Keep an eye on your cough!!!

My sign - I picked it up in 2020 from Etsy.  I just have to put something over the "2020" on the sign before I put it up,  

The pharmacist did warn me about the pneumonia shot, so I wasn't surprised.  The arm still hurts, though.   i sleep on my stomach and alternate left & right arm under my head so it isn't surprising that it still hurts. I'll just pop some Advil tonight.

Food for Stanley this week could be problematic.  Been looking it up and don't recognize anything.  

Fregula sounds familiar, a tiny pasta kind of like Israeli couscous.  if i can find it, maybe I'll make a regular salad with pesto and maybe shrimp...

• Like 1

Good morning, looks like the weather on my upcoming cruise is going to start out "yukky"......I keep checking the weather and it shows 50s and rain in Quebec City.  I fly out on 10/21 and sail 10/22. Looks like I am going to be packing the same way as I did for Alaska........long sleeves for sure.........

And I will bring that rain jacket I have in the closet too.  Hopefully as the cruise goes by the weather will improve!

• Like 1