for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I'm happy to report that my techie son was able to help me get the old laptop booted up somehow and we transferred the most critical info to the new one. Huge sigh of relief!!  Since then I've been busy keeping up with the changes and tours that had to be adjusted, etc. Lots of last minute tour arranging on the roll call and HAL FINALLY added tours for some ports that had been missing any options until now. This is the longest cruise I've ever planned for....!

We are overnighting in Osaka for Kyoto. I have been to Kyoto twice before and have seen many of the sites. It will be packed during the sakura (cherry blossom) viewing. I would love to do the walk along the canal ("Philosopher's Path) that reflects the cherry trees planted alongside it. I will probably avoid the most crowded temples, though I do plan to get to Nara -- have been before but it is one of my favorite sites.

Since I have been to Kyoto, I will probably take one day to sightsee in Osaka itself. Osaka castle and grounds are also known for being good places to view the blossoms, as well as a scenic ride on the river...

Loved Osaka Castle. We lived in Okinawa for 3 years & were fortunate to travel to mainland Japan for the festival

• Like 1

Well, I had my postop appt this morning. Not great news, I’m having the middle toe amputated either this Friday or Monday. Toe is completely necrotic (not gangrenous). I won’t gross you out with pictures, but it anyone wants to see email me at awhfy51@gmail.com. Knew it might be a possibility. Melody

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Well, I had my postop appt this morning. Not great news, I’m having the middle toe amputated either this Friday or Monday. Toe is completely necrotic (not gangrenous). I won’t gross you out with pictures, but it anyone wants to see email me at awhfy51@gmail.com. Knew it might be a possibility. Melody

Hi Melody...oh my goodness.......having your toe amputated? I had no clue you were having such an issue! I hope it all goes well and will be thinking of you🙂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, awhfy said:

Wow.  I am so sorry that you have that outcome.  You knew it could happen, but I'm sure it's still a shock.  I'll keep you in my thoughts that this will be the end of it and you get a good outcome,

• Like 2

7 hours ago, awhfy said:

Oh Melody -- not what you hoped for, I'm sure, even if it was a possibility. So sorry to hear this. 😥

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I had 2 "new" (for me) TJs things for dinner the past 2 nights.  The Roasted Cauliflower and Orzo casserole and the Spinich and Artichoke Timbales.  The timbales were so-so. Kind of like a chunky souffle.  But the Cauliflower and Orzo was tasty.

That cauliflower/orzo thing sounds good. It was in refrigerated section?  I'll look for it. Seems like we get new items more slowly at my TJ's....

And speaking of Noosa -- I looooove their salted caramel flavor. I'm bad, I know.... 😈

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

That cauliflower/orzo thing sounds good. It was in refrigerated section?  I'll look for it. Seems like we get new items more slowly at my TJ's....

And speaking of Noosa -- I looooove their salted caramel flavor. I'm bad, I know.... 😈

It is in the refrigerated section where they have the prepared dinners like the italian meatloaf, the chicken marsala etc.  During the holidays it was where the stuffing, the potatoes were.  

Never saw a salted caramel flavor - now I have something else to look for!!

• Like 1

Oh no, Melody, I’m so sorry to hear your update. I will send good thoughts your way and and wishes for a good outcome. 

Cynthia, so glad you could rescue needed data from your old laptop. We visited Osaka and Kyoto in April and it was a beautiful experience. We spent 3 days sightseeing in Kyoto and were fortunate to see the Miyakoodori performance. Since this was a last minute trip we were only able to get tickets to a performance in Japanese but it was still an amazing experience and one of the highlights of our visit. We also spent  3 days sightseeing in Osaka including Osaka Castle. We used all public transportation and I remember thinking how well behaved the school age children were and how nicely dressed adults riding public transport were. 

Kat, the new employee sounds like a good fit. I know you are relieved.I need to look for TJ’s Cauliflower and Orzo casserole. 

I picked up the Noosa blueberry today. They only had the smaller 4 pack.  No lemon or any other choice but vanilla. Did try it and added additional fresh blueberries. Yummy! Now, after Lois’s lemon pie comparison, I really want to try the lemon and maybe that salted Carmel.

OOTD jeans and a fleece top. Very little make up. Guess that is a consequence of the pandemic.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lois R said:

Melody, did you have surgery today? Or is it Monday? Let us know how you are doing please..........

Surgery is Monday at noon mountain time. I’ll likely not be on computer till Tuesday. Thanks all for the kind comments

my pt friend said I’ll likely have better balance & walk easier after this as the toe drooped so badly. She’s happy I’m having it done. Melody

• Like 2

Hi from Whistler

We have had three days skiing and are having a rest day today , Ive managed to stay the full day with everyone so Im happy.

Not as much energy but Im here ! ⛷️

Melody I hope your operation goes well on Monday , I was actually thinking hopefully as its the middle toe it wont affect your balance.

I want to try the Noosa yogurt you are all writing about , Ill look in the supermarket here ,but I doubt its in Whistler.

• Like 2

Hello Ladies,

Melody - Sorry to hear of your medical issues. Wishing you a good outcome Monday.

I came back from a 10 night Celebrity Equinox cruise on Thursday. Apparently, new dining menus and food choices, both in the MDR and buffet, began last month on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean.  The taste and quality of the food were very disappointing. Several nights,  I ate in the buffet because there was nothing on the MDR menu I would eat. 

Part of the buffet was blocked off, but most of the stations were open. With the exception of the carving station, hot foods and desserts, most of the other options (salads, cold items) were repeated in a couple of areas. Every day at lunch and dinner, there is a pasta station. In fact, on the nights I ate in the buffet, there were items served that were not available in the MDR that I would eat. Desserts were terrible. They look beautiful but when you eat them, they have no taste. I have found this to be true for several years now so I stay away from them except for an occasional cookie. I usually go with ice cream. There was plenty of food. It wasn't the doom and gloom I saw on a video posted on CC.  

Again, I found the quality in some items has gone downhill. You won't starve but on Celebrity and RC but dining is just not the same. It still won't stop me from cruising.

• Like 3

Melody, wishing you the best outcome possible. I will be thinking about on Monday.

Way to go, Melissa! 

Janet, thanks for the update on the dining situation. I’m not a foodie or even very particularly about food but when cruising I really enjoy a good meal that I didn’t have to plan, prepare and clean up.  I remember that the MDR menus always had more than one choice that I liked and there was always the items that were available every night.  I guess this is no longer the case. As for desserts, maybe that situation is a good thing? I wonder if this is an attempt to sell more upgraded dining packages?

Sharon

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Hi from Whistler

We have had three days skiing and are having a rest day today , Ive managed to stay the full day with everyone so Im happy.

Not as much energy but Im here ! ⛷️

Melody I hope your operation goes well on Monday , I was actually thinking hopefully as its the middle toe it wont affect your balance.

I want to try the Noosa yogurt you are all writing about , Ill look in the supermarket here ,but I doubt its in Whistler.

Melissa I’m glad you’re well enough from your treatment to ski!!  Thanks, I’m hoping walking wil be easier 

You can still get salmon and chicken every night.  There is a choice of 4 entrees plus an Indian dish. I don't eat red meat or pork. I noticed pork is on the menu more often with entrees such as pork cheek or pork knuckle. 

Pasta and seafood entrees were decent.

On 2/8/2023 at 10:26 PM, slidergirl said:

It is in the refrigerated section where they have the prepared dinners like the italian meatloaf, the chicken marsala etc.

Publix was missing many items today -- very annoying; I wasn't planning to do TJ's but I decided to go there spur of the moment to at least get the things I needed. I didn't find the cauliflower orzo dish unfortunately but they did have a few other things that they were out of the last time I was there, so wasn't a total loss...

Probably my fault for lounging around all morning and early afternoon trying to avoid the Super Bowl shoppers. Early bird gets the worm. Me, I couldn't find cream cheese anywhere -- lol.

• Like 3

Good morning, Melody, wishing you a safe and successful surgery today😀

I posted that previous reply from my phone......not sure what happened to have such a long blank page....weird🙄

Cynthia, I went to Publix on Friday because I knew this weekend they would be so crowded with shoppers for Superbowl parties and stuff. I went about 11am and it was so empty LOL....I  sometimes have to remind myself I no longer need to shop on the weekends!  Going mid morning  during the week is so nice🙂

• Like 2

Good thoughts for Melody today for her surgery!!

Wait - there was a football game yesterday???  I only saw the stuff around 3-3:30 as I was baking cookies for the guests up in the lounge.   We have a "family pack" of like 40 people in 4 condos here.  Like vultures - the first dozen cookies didn't even make it from the sheet to the platter!!  And, we have to fill up the cocoa in the machine 4 times/day.    On top of that, we have a full building.  At least it was quiet last night with everyone staying in the condos and watching the game.  Got some of my other work done.

My niece, the official "Auntie" of the Penn State football team, had 2 of her "nephews" playing yesterday, one for each team.  I will say it was nice to see JuJu Smith--Schuster run out on the field after having a nasty injury the other year that kept him sidelined.  My niece and his mom are good friends.  His choice of attire for arriving at the game was, well, interesting.  Skirt, combat boots, button-down shirt.  Crazy kid!!

I had a nice owner give me some clothes the other day.  A nice pair of Free People jeans that actually fit me!  A size down from my current ones, so that was a happy thing.  They have some roses embroidered on them, so me and the owner are kindred old hippie ladies.  A Ralph Lauren sweater that is a little short, but with a tank underneath and showing out will be fine.  So, I don't have to go looking for jeans now!

My little squirrel friend is getting friendlier.  He'll now sit on the crook of my downspout and we'll "talk".  I can get within 3 ft of him now.  He comes by every morning now.  He's such a cutie.

OOTD:  A nice, crisp, sunny day.  I think I'll wear my "new" jeans and a fleece top.  With out lobby fireplace not working, it can get cold in there when people keep opening the door.  Since the jeans are ankle, I'll bring out my pink high tops.  

• Like 2

Hi Kat, wow, sounds like you were a busy girl yesterday! And yes, there was a game........LOL actually, one of the best Superbowls in the history of the game (I have watched 99% of them). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happy ❤️ day. Surgery went well. I had the OR all laughing when they asked, so what are we doing to you & I responded with you’re removing my ‘roast beef’ toe on my right foot. They all looked perplexed then started singing the nursery rhyme. Really relaxed the room. I’m doing well, minimal pain, icing & elevating non weightbearing for another 8 weeks on my scooter (glad I bought it!!). Melody

2FFA4402-1A04-4077-B1D4-818A4D597208.jpeg

21DCF078-00FD-479F-8E14-67E942F52C52.jpeg

CAD8AC4C-4D1A-4EAE-B24D-C68BC70C5FDC.jpeg

• Like 5