for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Melody - classy looking balcony!  The whole yard now just calls out for a party.   
We’re still in the rain zone, too. A few more days of off and on rain this week.

We all sat & drank really good wine & laughed ourselves silly. Totally unplanned. All our kids & our SILs mom came by to see the progress. 

1273DF3A-FDA2-44BB-8AF7-B0A9408E1184.jpeg

• Like 2

Went to REI for a little shoe therapy and I think I found my gore-tex sneakers for upcoming Iceland/Greenland/Canada trip. They are supposedly similar to my favorite Hoka Cliftons but are waterproof and have a grippier sole (they are actually meant to be trail runners). I also love the color, goes perfectly with my navy and blue-gray neutral travel colors:

image.thumb.png.b0c950ac3d5db4074a3a49e851b918f4.png

They felt very comfortable in-store; now to try them out around the house...

I'm going to try to find a bright lime waterproof day bag to complete the look, lol.

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Went to REI for a little shoe therapy and I think I found my gore-tex sneakers for upcoming Iceland/Greenland/Canada trip. They are supposedly similar to my favorite Hoka Cliftons but are waterproof and have a grippier sole (they are actually meant to be trail runners). I also love the color, goes perfectly with my navy and blue-gray neutral travel colors:

image.thumb.png.b0c950ac3d5db4074a3a49e851b918f4.png

They felt very comfortable in-store; now to try them out around the house...

I'm going to try to find a bright lime waterproof day bag to complete the look, lol.

Those are the Hokas I have, they’re fabulous!  I have a neon-green dry bag (sling pack) too

• Like 1

Great shoes ! I am searching for some white shoes to walk in while away , saw some nice and light Tommy Hillfiggers 

Has anyone been to Valletta in Malta ? Im researching excursions .Just got a clearance on my 3 monthly check up so we can go on our cruise ! 

Edited by MrToblerone
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Great shoes ! I am searching for some white shoes to walk in while away , saw some nice and light Tommy Hillfiggers 

Has anyone been to Valletta in Malta ? Im researching excursions .Just got a clearance on my 3 monthly check up so we can go on our cruise ! 

Hoka makes a fabulous all white shoe (lighter than the Tommy’s & much more support). Only available on line

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Hi Melissa, great news😃!

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Has anyone been to Valletta in Malta ? Im researching excursions

I've been to Valletta 3x. (Yes, I love the Med!!!)

My favorite things there have been the Grand Master's Palace and the Co-Cathedral in Valletta itself, as well as the archaeological museum there (small but excellently displayed). I also enjoyed visiting the nearby city of Mdina, which has beautiful architecture.

I love ancient history, so I have also seen a number of the island's archaeological (neolithic) sites, including the Tarxien temples and the Hal Saflieni underground hypogeum (a UNESCO site) which is amazing -- you have to make special reservations in advance; they only allow a few people per hour on their guided tour. Reservations and info here:   https://heritagemalta.mt/explore/hal-saflieni-hypogeum/

• Like 1

Going to my dentist this afternoon.  I have another tooth that needs an inlay done on it.  Ugh.  Get it cleaned out and a cast made today, then go back on the 28th to get the inlay placed.   Then I’m going to TJ’s since I’m down in the Valley. Just picking up some soups and maybe some Kimchee chips (to keep for after my tooth is all placed).  Taking my Bose headphone to UPS to be sent in and be replaced with a new pair at a good discount.  One side broke on the Alaska trip.  

OOTD:  T-shirt and shorts - it’s going to be upper 70s down in the valley.  

Cynthia - you need this daypack for your trip:

IMG_0008.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, I went to the Dentist this morning😁...all clean!

Yay!  I go 4x/year for cleaning.  I’m a big plaque producer.  

Heading out the door now.  I just hope the thunderstorms stay away until I’m back home!

• Like 1

Staying inside to avoid the smoky nasty air outside. Got nothing accomplished on my day off because I'd planned to work in the yard.

My Dad had dementia. My mother's sister who has been her strongest support in this process had a massive stroke last week and died today.  Mom can't go to the funeral (Dad can't travel and she can't/won't leave him). I'm waiting for dates, but if it's Saturday (or even Sunday) I'm going to try to drive the 8 hours to Jacksonville and go just to represent her. If I go, it will be a struggle since we leave Thursday (next week) to drive 800 miles to visit with them. However, Mom is worth it. Loved my Aunt Mary.

OOT: Cheershorts that never leave the house/yard and glitter flower-ice-skate shirt. Love my glitter.

42 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

Staying inside to avoid the smoky nasty air outside. Got nothing accomplished on my day off because I'd planned to work in the yard.

My Dad had dementia. My mother's sister who has been her strongest support in this process had a massive stroke last week and died today.  Mom can't go to the funeral (Dad can't travel and she can't/won't leave him). I'm waiting for dates, but if it's Saturday (or even Sunday) I'm going to try to drive the 8 hours to Jacksonville and go just to represent her. If I go, it will be a struggle since we leave Thursday (next week) to drive 800 miles to visit with them. However, Mom is worth it. Loved my Aunt Mary.

OOT: Cheershorts that never leave the house/yard and glitter flower-ice-skate shirt. Love my glitter.

My condolences on your loss. Drive safely

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss PH.

All this dental work sounds painful and pricey.I went to the dentist in Barcelona after a cruise with a sore tooth .It looked very modern ,they told me there was nothing wrong.When I returned home ,the tooth had died and needed a crown!

Thanks for the Malta tips .

Last night I tested positive for Covid ,first time for me .

Only good thing is it’s before my big trip.

Im going to San Fran in two weeks with my husband and will go to Trader Joes and try the yogurt you all wrote about,what was the brand?

It sounded delicious 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrToblerone said:

Im going to San Fran in two weeks with my husband and will go to Trader Joes and try the yogurt you all wrote about,what was the brand?

Noosa. It is sooo delicious!

(Sorry to hear about your Covid, I hope it's a non-event.)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, awhfy said:

I also had a dental appt today. I need bone grafts & a sinus lift then 2 implants & then 2 crowns…sigh

Oh dear -- that sounds like a lot of time in the dentist chair. I am expecting to hear that I will also need some work done when I go for my next cleaning/exam. It's always something....

16 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Oh dear -- that sounds like a lot of time in the dentist chair. I am expecting to hear that I will also need some work done when I go for my next cleaning/exam. It's always something....

Sinus lift & bone grafts are a 4 hour procedure (but under iv sedation at least). Neither of my 3 insurances cover them 😢. Ouch

Guess I got lucky.........I was told everything looks good teeth and especially my gums. Kat, I have mine cleaned 4 times a year too. I go twice to the regular dentist and twice to the Periodontist.. I remember many, many years ago (many) I was told, you don't need to floss all your teeth,...only the ones you want to keep😃 I learned first hand that is the truth.  I can't remember what year it was but I ended up needing periodontal surgery..........so now? I use a proxy brush for between the teeth. I think it actually works better than flossing.

• Like 2