for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

2 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Not doing anything today except keep up my fight against my patio ants.  Trying to avoid Raid since Squirrel hangs out, but the Zevo isn't working for more than a day.   Any good ideas???  

I'm not sure what Zevo is, but Borax seems to work for ants (although it won't last through rain.) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neeuqdrazil said:

I'm not sure what Zevo is, but Borax seems to work for ants (although it won't last through rain.) 

Zevo is one of those "natural" sprays that kills bugs but doesn't hurt animals.  I'll have to try Borax in a couple of days - we may have rain in a few.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Welcome!  We really did start out as a way to keep sane during the Pandmic and shutdown.  Now that traveling is back, we've gone to chatting about al things traveling, food, clothes, etc.  Feel free to come back and chat!  

Lois - the mammogram place may want to establish a baseline.  My imaging place had me come back in 6 months to take a look again.  Now, it's once a year.   I saw it's HOT down in your area - it has to be HOT for someone in Florida to say it's HOT!!!   We're hot up here, too.  The Valley has been at 100+ for days and days.  We're in the mid-80s-90 here.  It always feels 10 degrees hotter.  "I remember" back when there was maybe 1 week in August when we'd get this hot.  No A/C, only ceiling fans, and it was enough.  Not anymore up here.  

Not doing anything today except keep up my fight against my patio ants.  Trying to avoid Raid since Squirrel hangs out, but the Zevo isn't working for more than a day.   Any good ideas???  

OOTD:  Brown Free People hiking shorts & green Hobie Surfboards Tshirt. Looks hideous,  but only me, Squirrel and the birds will see it!

Hi Kat, this imaging facility has been doing my Mammograms for at least the past 2 or 3 years so they have previous photos already.  I will of course go back in 6 months. I just know when I went last year the radiologist had said everything looked clear and I could wait a year.....so now its back to 6 months. I just hope everything comes back "negative" in December. Not sure if you know who Jill Martin is (she is on the Today Show)......anyway, she just announced that she has tested positive and will be having surgery this week. I wish her all the best.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, neeuqdrazil said:

Always put Borax (straight) around the foundation to  keep critters out of the house. Dad was a chemist & he said it was the best, works for me, miss you daddy ❤️

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Last week, I booked a Bermuda cruise. It's been a while since I've been there and I was looking for a cruise in July or August. The cruise is round trip Boston so this is easy for me.

Never been, but it’s one of our HAL ports in Oct 20 (rt from Boston, 21 nights)

Welcome, neeuqdrazil!  Interesting screen name for sure!  I have always found this thread to be populated by interesting, non snarky people and enjoy reading everyone’s posts.

It is crazy hot down here and  we are having our late afternoon thunderstorms that occur each day.   Some beautiful lightening out over the Atlantic!  Too hot and stormy to get out for my daily walks and not being active always makes me a little grumpy! Tomorrow is my second shingles vax, not looking forward to it.

Lois, may just be a different radiologist with a different opinion on frequency who read your mammogram.  You have a cruise coming up soon, right?

Our oldest son is driving back down with the Wildman for a week next week!  Looking forward to beach soccer, pool volleyball and many, many games of Uno!

OOOTD: Denim capris and a gap tshirt!  And makeup for a Target run!😂

Hope everyone keeps cool!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Hi Sherri, yes I sail next month. Flying out on the 25th and arriving at Heathrow the morning of the 26th, sailing Aug 27th from Southampton to Copenhagen 12 nights.

And you are correct. This was a different Radiologist than the last one. 

It has been really hot up here too. And it is not August yet. I am in lightweight cotton shorts and a tank top.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, yes I sail next month. Flying out on the 25th and arriving at Heathrow the morning of the 26th, sailing Aug 27th from Southampton to Copenhagen 12 nights.

It has been really hot up here too. And it is not August yet. I am in lightweight cotton shorts and a tank top.

Copenhagen is one of my favorite cities!  Very walkable as long as you watch out for the bicycles!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WELDON said:

Last week, I booked a Bermuda cruise. It's been a while since I've been there and I was looking for a cruise in July or August. The cruise is round trip Boston so this is easy for me.

We are cruising to Bermuda in August but gong out of Port Canaveral which is a very easy port for us, only about 25 min away!  When will you be there?

Sherri🙂

Always good to keep on top of things Lois ,I think my radiologist saved my life.

My mother and I leave in two days for our cruises and trip to France,I can't believe its finally here!

Good luck with the ants Kat ,you certainly don't want to poison your friends the squirrel!

Sherri enjoy your sons visit.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, slidergirl said:

OOTD:  Brown Free People hiking shorts & green Hobie Surfboards Tshirt. Looks hideous,  but only me, Squirrel and the birds will see it!

That would be the same category my "too short to bee seen in public" shorts that I only wear around the house. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello Lois and Sherri,

I will be sailing on NCL Pearl leaving on August 11.  I have been on one NCL cruise years ago and wasn't too impressed. I hope they have improved. I am going NCL mainly for the convenience as I don't have to fly.  I sail Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. I wanted to get in another cruise before the winter cruises begin.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Always good to keep on top of things Lois ,I think my radiologist saved my life.

My mother and I leave in two days for our cruises and trip to France,I can't believe its finally here!

Good luck with the ants Kat ,you certainly don't want to poison your friends the squirrel!

Sherri enjoy your sons visit.

Thanks, Melissa!  And you have a great trip!

Sherri🙂

10 hours ago, WELDON said:

Hello Lois and Sherri,

I will be sailing on NCL Pearl leaving on August 11.  I have been on one NCL cruise years ago and wasn't too impressed. I hope they have improved. I am going NCL mainly for the convenience as I don't have to fly.  I sail Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. I wanted to get in another cruise before the winter cruises begin.

We have always talked about giving NCL a try, I will be interested in reading your opinion of them.  We will be on RC’s Mariner and leave on 8/18. 

Sherri🙂

13 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Welcome, neeuqdrazil!  Interesting screen name for sure!  I have always found this thread to be populated by interesting, non snarky people and enjoy reading everyone’s posts.

It is crazy hot down here and  we are having our late afternoon thunderstorms that occur each day.   Some beautiful lightening out over the Atlantic!  Too hot and stormy to get out for my daily walks and not being active always makes me a little grumpy! Tomorrow is my second shingles vax, not looking forward to it.

Lois, may just be a different radiologist with a different opinion on frequency who read your mammogram.  You have a cruise coming up soon, right?

Our oldest son is driving back down with the Wildman for a week next week!  Looking forward to beach soccer, pool volleyball and many, many games of Uno!

OOOTD: Denim capris and a gap tshirt!  And makeup for a Target run!😂

Hope everyone keeps cool!

Sherri🙂

Sherri, get a giant Sequence game. Intersperse with the Uno!!

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

I too go every 6 months. Different radiologists like different things 

5 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Sherri, get a giant Sequence game. Intersperse with the Uno!!

Sequence is one of my favorite games!  Eli likes it too, but seems to get bored after a couple of games and a bored Eli is never good!😂

You should see our family from Australia playing Sequence, or really, any game for that matter.  They are ruthless!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

We leave for Boston on Tuesday. Looking forward to excellent food, walking in the beach in Maine, family reunions a wedding (going to be brutally hot (forecast is 97 with 90% humidity, outdoor wedding) & hubs will be in a tux (with waistcoat), I don’t see the jacket lasting too long!! At least reception is indoors!!

1 minute ago, sjb317 said:

Sequence is one of my favorite games!  Eli likes it too, but seems to get bored after a couple of games and a bored Eli is never good!😂

You should see our family from Australia playing Sequence, or really, any game for that matter.  They are ruthless!

Sherri🙂

We’re brutal at all games!  Very competitive group!

3 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We leave for Boston on Tuesday. Looking forward to excellent food, walking in the beach in Maine, family reunions a wedding (going to be brutally hot (forecast is 97 with 90% humidity, outdoor wedding) & hubs will be in a tux (with waistcoat), I don’t see the jacket lasting too long!! At least reception is indoors!!

Hi Melody, ohhh....the wedding and reunion are coming next week? Hope everyone has a wonderful time!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, ohhh....the wedding and reunion are coming next week? Hope everyone has a wonderful time!

We’re looking forward to it!  Wedding, two family reunions, drive up to Maine to get my beach & lobster fix!!  We’ll need to come home to rest!!!

18 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

That would be the same category my "too short to bee seen in public" shorts that I only wear around the house. 😆

the shorts aren't too short to be seen, but just the nasty color combination goes beyond even what I'd wear in public!!! 

HOT today through the weekend up here.  I sure won't be going anywhere unless it's to sit in some A/C.   I may start thinking about what kind of trip to take next year in the off season.  Now that I have my new MacBook, surfin' the 'Net for ideas may be a good indoor activity.  Once again, my hamster wheel in my brain is already spinning with ideas - beach and cities in Spain, beach in Puglia or Calabria, renting a van and drive around Iceland, rent a van and drive around Atlantic Canada...   Be prepared to deal with my obsession 😸

OOTD:  neutral Athleta shorts, an old pink and tan tie dye tank top.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Enjoy your trip. I hope the weather moderates and you can navigate around the crowds!  I look forward to hearing about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1