for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

8 hours ago, awhfy said:

We’re looking forward to it!  Wedding, two family reunions, drive up to Maine to get my beach & lobster fix!!  We’ll need to come home to rest!!!

Any suggestions for best lobster roll in Bar Harbor?  I'll be there on my August cruise, coming back from Iceland and Greenland.

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Any suggestions for best lobster roll in Bar Harbor?  I'll be there on my August cruise, coming back from Iceland and Greenland.

Lobster Pound right at the pier where the cruise ships tender. Right where you get the Trolley to go to Acadia National Park (fantastic your) Also fabulous blueberry pie!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if any of you heard, but Tony Bennett died today. He was 96 and had been preforming for over 7 decades!  Sadly, he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2016.  I loved this guy so much. Guess I am old school but he was simply fantastic. I saw his last concert on tv with Lady Gaga.......it was amazing.

That was in 2021.......

Tony Bennett, RIP.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Not sure if any of you heard, but Tony Bennett died today. He was 96 and had been preforming for over 7 decades!  Sadly, he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2016.  I loved this guy so much. Guess I am old school but he was simply fantastic. I saw his last concert on tv with Lady Gaga.......it was amazing.

That was in 2021.......

Tony Bennett, RIP.

Such a mellow voice. RIP

Hi Melody, I remember even as a little kid, my Dad LOVED Tony and his songs. We had one of those big hi-fi sets with the turn table. I guess many families had those back in the day.

• Like 1

I remember listening to Tony Bennett with my parents.  Loved his voice.  He was versatile.  He could do big band, small combo, just piano.  I also heard the song with Lady Gaga.  I do remember when he announced he would no longer perform due to his Alzheimers.  May his memory and music be a blessing to all 😿

My hamster wheel came to a weird idea last night - those cheap end-of-summer cruises.  I have to start work (if I do work this year) on Nov, 25 so that takes out that late HAL T/A,  But there are a couple of Canada/NE cruises that are reasonably priced IF I suck it up and do an inside (☹️).  OR, in another twist, I could do the Pacific Coastal on Eurodam in the same balcony I had for Alaska.    All this was on HAL.  What can I say - I'm hankering for a Fall trip somewhere!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I remember listening to Tony Bennett with my parents.  Loved his voice.  He was versatile.  He could do big band, small combo, just piano.  I also heard the song with Lady Gaga.  I do remember when he announced he would no longer perform due to his Alzheimers.  May his memory and music be a blessing to all 😿

My hamster wheel came to a weird idea last night - those cheap end-of-summer cruises.  I have to start work (if I do work this year) on Nov, 25 so that takes out that late HAL T/A,  But there are a couple of Canada/NE cruises that are reasonably priced IF I suck it up and do an inside (☹️).  OR, in another twist, I could do the Pacific Coastal on Eurodam in the same balcony I had for Alaska.    All this was on HAL.  What can I say - I'm hankering for a Fall trip somewhere!  

I hope a fall trip works out for you, Kat! As cruise up to NE/Canada would be lovely!

Rough day today: Got my second shingles dose yesterday and was impressed that it did not hurt as much as the first one.  All was good until I woke up at 230 with a fever and generalized  achyness . I had to take some ibuprofen to be able to sleep.  No energy today, just a general blah feeling and still low grade fever.  So glad that was my last one!

OOTD: soft, stretchy Jammie bottoms with an old tshirt from a race I used to do.  Hair in a ponytail and no makeup! 😂

Sherri🙂 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, awhfy said:

Sherri, hope you start feeling better. We made the terrible mistake of getting the second shingles shot & flu shot at same time. We were both so miserable!

Thanks, Melody and Lois! Woke up feeling much better today!  So much better that I am getting ready to go out for a walk.  I don’t think I’ve ever felt this bad after getting a vaccine, very happy there is not a third one!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Thanks, Melody and Lois! Woke up feeling much better today!  So much better that I am getting ready to go out for a walk.  I don’t think I’ve ever felt this bad after getting a vaccine, very happy there is not a third one!

Sherri🙂

Oh dear -- I am looking forward (NOT!) to getting mine next week....

• Like 1

Sherri - so sorry you had that reaction to the shingles shot.  But, let me tell you, it's still better than getting shingles!!!  I had a "mild" (my MD told me) case on my lower back in 1993.   THEN, the powers that be tell me that I still had to get those shots because shingles can come back!!!  UGH.

Well, the wheel on doing a fall cruise came to a screeching halt last night after looking up airfares.  Just waaay too much for this year.  Quebec City is not a airfare-friendly city for us here in SLC.  I could get a cruise for under $1000, but the airfare would be $3500.  I might as well fly to Europe for that!!!  It was a fanciful idea, anyway.  

We have an excessive heat warning up here today and tomorrow.  Not conducive to making me get out and doing anything.  I do have to go into town to the pharmacy and grab some refills.  I'll hit up the grocery and liquor stores, too.  I'm out of Aperol and Prosecco...  Pick up some salad and sandwich fixings - it's too hot to even look at the stove!!

OOTD:  Athleta Farallon cammo shorts and a Tshirt.  

• Like 1

I have to add a little today...

Gosh, it's HOT.  90 degrees.  Sure, it may not seem hot to some of you, but it feels a good 10 hotter than that always up here.  Add in no A/C, and it's terrible.

If you drink beer/ale/sours:  I just tried O'Dells Sippin' Lemonade Sour.  It is sooooo good.  Tastes just like a not-too-sweetened lemonade with a big kick, but not like those nasty seltzers.  You know it's an ale.  I know Melody can get it in Colorado, but I don't know if O'Dell is national.  Made the heat a little bearable for about an hour 😉

I've been seeing this ad on TV for "One Key", which is the corporate of Expedia, Hotels.com, and VRBO.  It shows all this luggage going through all sorts of "distress" during travel.  The last 3 shown are 4-wheelers going up old stairs, across wooden piers and such.  And, they are all being dragged 2-wheel style.  Gave me a chuckle.  No one was casually meandering with the 4-wheeler comfortably moving beside them.    On that note, Cotopaxi just dropped a 2-wheel version of the Allpa pack!!  It costs a freakin' fortune, though.  If they had dropped this a year ago, I may have picked it up...

7 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Well, the wheel on doing a fall cruise came to a screeching halt last night after looking up airfares.  Just waaay too much for this year.  Quebec City is not a airfare-friendly city for us here in SLC.  I could get a cruise for under $1000, but the airfare would be $3500.  I might as well fly to Europe for that!!! 

Airfares are way out of normal range this year. Pretty soon I think people are going to get tired of their post-Covid spending spree and start spending less on discretionary travel. Companies have cut way down on business travel post-Covid too.  It has to equalize. (Fingers crossed.)

9 hours ago, WELDON said:

Melody, I hope you have a good trip to Boston and enjoy your cruise and family reunion. Safe travels.

Thanks, we’re looking forward to it. We’ll be walking Marginal Way in Ogunquit on Wednesday 

• Like 1

Melody, ya'll leave for Boston tomorrow, right? Wanting to wish you a wonderful time and safe travels with an UNeventful flight both ways🙂

• Like 2

Weird, I could've sworn I posted something yesterday that never showed up -- gremlins at work?

I had a nice day Saturday, met up with a friend and went to a new show that opened at the High Museum then had dinner. Glad I checked parking before I left -- it was $20 for the museum garage. I just used Uber and didn't pay much more than that for my R/T (plus I could indulge at dinner) -- win win. 

Yesterday I was taking stock of anything last minute I might need for Iceland/Greenland/Canada.  Mosquito netting, check. Goretex trail shoes and rain shell, check. Binoculars, check. Luckily I thought to get out my silk underwear and check it. The pants are shot -- elastic waistband seems to have gone bad so I ordered a new pair from LL Bean. I leave on August 10!

Also -- for TJ's shoppers who like salt and chocolate, these are absolutely delish:

image.png.9dfddab64c9e0a39369b6da682a878d8.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Melody, ya'll leave for Boston tomorrow, right? Wanting to wish you a wonderful time and safe travels with an UNeventful flight both ways🙂

Thanks. Yes, tomorrow 0545 flight 

51 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Melody - have a wonderful NE trip!  Have some wonderful NE Oysters on the half shell for me!!

Kat I can guarantee I will not be having any oysters. Don’t eat clams, mussels or oysters. Plenty of lobster .& scallops tho…

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PurpleHays said:

That's almost as much fun as our 0800 flight on our last cruise. Good thing the airport's only 10-15 minutes away.

Our airport is 10 minutes too

• Like 1