for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Good morning, Melody, great photos😃 did you say it was 40 degrees outside when they were taken?

OMG.....they must have been freezing!

Cynthia, it was an expensive a/c unit and has a 10 year warranty on parts and labor. Surprised it is not working? ME TOO😮

• Like 1

Afternoon all!  I'm embarrassed to say I went to take a nap at 4pm last night and woke up at 7am this morning!!!  I think it's my leftover Long Covid.  Every once in awhile I really crash. 

Cynthia - I think there was a pro-Palestine demonstration in Istanbul.  I think I caught a blip on TV that mentioned a bunch of cities that had demonstrations. 

Melody - nice homecoming pics.  The date looks like some of the dates my grand-nieces had - the right jeans, the buckle, the hat.  I mean, their high school actually has a "Drive your Tractor to School" day and the kids all bring it. 

Well, after The Big Sleep, I'm not worth doing much today.  I did go out to the market to buy 1/2&1/2, milk and yogurt first thing since I had none of it to use for breakfast.  So, my OOTD is jeans, long sleeve Tshirt, Cotopaxi Hybrid vest and a baseball hat.  I blended right in with everyone - we all must have had a bad night!!

• Like 1

Hi Janet, I haven't seen anything about that today so I just googled it.......(but I have been watching football all day).........Looks like it just happened. I knew she had been battling cancer in the past but didn't realize she was still so ill. She was so funny in "Three's a Crowd".........She and John Ritter were the best......they are now together again making the angels laugh.

May she Rest In Peace. 

• Like 2

I had an old friend visit this week. She wanted to make a Mary Lou Retton leotard for an 80s party. We talked last night until 4:30AM.  Got back up at 8:30 and kept talking. Got her leotard made (it looks great!) and talked more until she left 4-ish this afternoon. I should crash very soon.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

I had an old friend visit this week. She wanted to make a Mary Lou Retton leotard for an 80s party. We talked last night until 4:30AM.  Got back up at 8:30 and kept talking. Got her leotard made (it looks great!) and talked more until she left 4-ish this afternoon. I should crash very soon.

Sounds like you had a very fun visit!

Well, we’re back in Boston. Les’s oldest brother passed away & we had the funeral on Wednesday (5 weeks after his wife passed away) Just found out that Les’s best friend’s youngest sister passed away & funeral is Sunday so we have another funeral & leave to go home on Tuesday. It’s been a week

39 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Well, we’re back in Boston. Les’s oldest brother passed away & we had the funeral on Wednesday (5 weeks after his wife passed away) Just found out that Les’s best friend’s youngest sister passed away & funeral is Sunday so we have another funeral & leave to go home on Tuesday. It’s been a week

My condolences to you and Les and family.   I'm really bad at trying to say something.  Just know my heart dropped when I read your message.  Take care 😿

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Oh my goodness, Melody so sorry to hear about this and sending my love and most heartfelt condolences to Les (and you) both. 

• Like 1

It's been shorts & Tshirt afternoons this week.  Indian Summer.  Nice to get a good last bit of warmth and sunny days.

If anyone is looking for some warmer leg wear but don't want yet another pair of leggings, Woolx now has a pair of straight-leg pants, the Ellie.  Same material as the Stella leggings.  I got my usual size M, but found them way too big in the waist (they were bigger than the M in my Stella leggings).  I exchanged for a S and they are now perfect.  I had to laugh though - I haven't worn a S in anything since my Senior Year in High School!!   If you are doing a Fall or Winter trip, they could be a nice choice, as you can wear them very casual or spiff them up with a nice top and a sweater or jacket.  Make packing easier!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, awhfy said:

Melody, I’m very sorry to hear about these deaths in your family. Thinking of you and Les and wishing you strength and peace.

• Like 1

Good Saturday to all!

I have another week of sunshine coming, but just a little cooler (upper 50s/low 60s).  The weekend is upper 60s so still Tshirt & shorts time, going to maybe jeans & Tshirt on Monday.  I have to milk it as long as I can before I have to drag out the jeans and leggings full time!

I now have a mini-vacation on the schedule!  My OLD group of girlfriends (from the late 70s) are going to Palm Springs the first weekend of December for 4 days.  It's my first weekend of work, but nothing happens then so I'm going to take it off.  It's kind of a bittersweet trip, though.  We always went to Palm Springs for a weekend before Memorial Day to get our "base tan" going before our trip to the Colorado River.  As we got much older, we've changed locations and times but we managed to get some of us together.  One of our BFFs started early stages of dementia last year so we wanted to be sure we get at least one more trip in together.  Palm Springs is close to all but 2 of us, so they can drive an hour or so there.  We'll just wing it on what we do, depending on how she feels and what she can do.  At our age, just sitting in a lounge chair and chatting is exciting.   I bought flights last night.  Dang - it's twice as expensive to fly SLC-PSP as it is for my one friend to fly DEN-SLC!!!   Only 3 flights/day nonstop (1.5 hours), otherwise it takes 6+ hours or overnight connections in Seattle!!!  And, that's still expensive.  

If you are interested in shopping Woolx goodies - a 15% off everything sale this weekend.

OOTD:  a Tshirt and my denim shorts.  Nothing going on today except putting out some last-minute Halloween decorations on my tree and patio. 

• Like 2

Melody Im so sorry to read of your and Les's news ,what a tough time you've been having.

Glad to also read that Cynthia is having a great time and Lois you must be off soon on the Nova?Hope I haven't lost track of your travels Lois .Kat its nice you have a girls getaway planned.Sherri my part time job is going well I just hope I can get as much time off as I like! Need to tell my new boss I want next June off ! With last years illness behind me I always think its important to have something to look forward too 🙂

• Like 3

I got home last night from my cruise. It was a wonderful trip. Doesn't hurt that the weather was mostly great and that my fellow travelers were simpatico.

Despite some other far-flung destinations for me this year (Japan, Greenland/Iceland) it confirmed to me just how much I love the Med -- the history, the culture, the food, the art!  It may seem silly to return again and again, but it really recharges me.

Next up:  Rome!!!

• Like 3

On a separate note, has anyone tried the Athleta Endless pant? I like my Brooklyns for warm-weather travel but am considering other options for November in Rome in addition to my trusted EF stretch crepe and ponte pants.

My concern is that reviewers mention the hips being a bit wider in the Endless pants. Proportionately my hips aren't wide -- more of an apple than a pear -- so I worry that the look won't work for me.

15 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I got home last night from my cruise. It was a wonderful trip. Doesn't hurt that the weather was mostly great and that my fellow travelers were simpatico.

Despite some other far-flung destinations for me this year (Japan, Greenland/Iceland) it confirmed to me just how much I love the Med -- the history, the culture, the food, the art!  It may seem silly to return again and again, but it really recharges me.

Next up:  Rome!!!

Welcome home Cynthia😀and there is NOTHING SILLY about wanting to go back multiple times! You love it there........if you have the financial means and the time? GO FOR IT as many times as you want!😀😃

• Like 2

Welcome home, Cynthia, glad you had a wonderful trip!

We are leaving tomorrow at 630pm for our flight to for our TA leaving from Civitavvechia.  I am all packed and ready, husband just started packing this afternoon😂😂.

Sherti🙂

• Like 2