for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

8 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Sherri - I'm working Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years Eve and New Years.  I don't mind at all.  I usually volunteer for them.  It's just me here.  I'd rather work and allow a co-worker to have those days off, anyway.   It should be mellow, other than doing the linens of one owner - I told her I'd do them so they don't get mixed in with rental linens like they did last year.  

One of our guests had to cancel her stay with us in 4 days.  Family got COVID.  She has to negotiate with management to get at least a credit for a later stay.  Usually it's use it or lose it.  But, at $6,000 a night, I'd fight to get what I could!!!

Ouch!!

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Lois, yes. I’m making pasta fagiole, one daughter is making lemon chicken orzo soup, other daughter is making squash soup (from her garden) & son is making Swedish meatballs (no soup for him) & about 5 million cookies & desserts!

It all sounds delicious🙂

• Like 1

The soup extravaganza sounds wonderfully yummy!  Can't go wrong with soup!

One of my owners made a gingerbread house and brought it down to put on the Front Desk.  It's cute and so thoughtful.  And I was smelling its wonderful scent all night long.   I was given 2 Christmas gratuities from some owners yesterday, too.  I call it the start of my vacation fund.  

During the first round of COVID, the company did give refunds of money if someone couldn't come.  Then, it was allowing the guest to reschedule.  I'm not sure what's happening now.  The company manager is retiring at the end of the month so I don't know if a more compassionate stance will happen with people not being able to come.  Another guest tried to get out of it because one of her kids broke his arm and won't be able to ski.  That was a non-starter - the kid can come, do other things, even sit on his phone/tablet all day and play games.   Yes, we're tough.  We want our money 😉 All that money for a stay - it's one of the reasons I can't do Reservations.  It's just too much to be calm when someone is spending more than I make in 2 years for a ski vacation! 

Last evening was the first time I felt really cold.  It was a surprisingly damp cold.  Cold again this evening (in the teens) but not damp.  It just gets cold in the Lobby with everyone going in and out the Front door and people making deliveries.  Our fireplace is broken (again) so we can't go sit at the fireplace to warm up.  I ended up wearing my Patagonia jacket for the last hour.

OOTD:  my embroidered jeans, dark grey turtleneck, boots.  And the Patagonia.  Since it's bright red, it fits in with the season.

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas to my friends who celebrate.

• Like 1

I hope work goes well for you, Kat!  And that vacation fund gets bigger😉

Soup sounds deliciou, Melody! 

Funny, Lois, when you were graduating from high school in 1976, I was graduating from IU School of Nursing.  And six weeks later, our first son was born.  Very hard for me to believe in 2026 I will have a son who is 50!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 12:46 PM, sjb317 said:

Christy, is there a “hell week” #4?  Our hospital tried each year to limit scheduled procedures over Christmas Eve and day but that did not go over well with the doctors.  I remember one doctor said if he had to work those days then he could schedule as much as he wanted to.  And 

We are currently in South Carolina with our youngest son’s family, and will go up to Virginia on Christmas.   

Technically, next week is Hell Week #4, but I was off the first week, so I missed it. Friday was particularly rough, as we had 13 staff to run 6 rooms. I was assisting one of our docs and followed him from room to room. No other docs had assistants unless they brought their PAs.

Were are you in SC? Wave if you pass through Durham on you way to VA.

11 hours ago, awhfy said:

Lois, yes. I’m making pasta fagiole, one daughter is making lemon chicken orzo soup!

We like pasta fagioli, but that lemon chicken orzo sounds scrumptious!

My younger daughter and her gang were over for Christmas Eve. We opened gifts and had dinner. We will do nothing tomorrow. Well, laundry. Between church and guests, I didn't get it done today.

• Like 1

Good morning girls, want to let you know how grateful I am that we are all friends and that this thread has continued.

Wishing all of you a Very Merry Christmas😃and hope all of you have a good day.

image.png.a1197ac233e3f720702f8a4d44f16839.png

• Like 3

Like Lois, I want to thank all the "girls" here for making it another good year here.  Honestly,  I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have all of you to "talk" to and bounce things off of.  Bless you all.

Santa was very kind to me, via my owners, this year.  $350.  One owner brought me a scrumptious batch of different types of cookies to nosh on.  My owner who has the villa in Tuscany brought me tonight a big plate of Honeybaked ham and a bottle of Prosecco  to drink with it because "no Italian nanna would let you have that ham without Prosecco".  And one of my newer owners gave me a very nice bottle of Sancerre from the Loire Valley from his cellar.   So, I'm on my way to some vacation and have good drink for awhile.  

OOTD:  My blue reindeer Tshirt, Woolx Elle pants, my short black boots.  A scarf and my deer antler headband completed the ensemble.   Bad photo is me standing next to our deer at the Front Desk.  

IMG_2382.jpeg

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

OOTD:  My blue reindeer Tshirt, Woolx Elle pants, my short black boots.  A scarf and my deer antler headband completed the ensemble. 

Love your festive holiday OOTD. Hope you enjoyed the ham and prosecco. 

Buon Natale all!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Love your festive holiday OOTD. Hope you enjoyed the ham and prosecco. 

Buon Natale all!

I think I enjoyed it a little too much!!!  I was bouncing off walls!!!   Back to work today.  It's going to be a tad hectic with the most arrivals of the year so far.  I think we're ready, but we never know!

• Like 1

Thanks all.  My antlers were just a festive addition to the work day.  

I had one more owner couple give me a nice $100 Christmas "thank you."  I hadn't seen them all weekend and they left today.  So, I was able to put in a total of $450 to my vacation fund!  

It was one of those 'wheels off the wagon' kind of afternoon.  After 4pm, I'm alone.  At 4:15 all sorts of things happened seemingly at once!  I should be used to these after these years, but it still leaves me with serious brain freeze.  Fortunately, it is my Friday so I don't care what happens tomorrow!!

OOTD:  my flowered hoodie and black jeans.  

• Like 1

Good morning,.......no postings since Tuesday? Hope everyone is doing ok............I will start 2 days early and give my first HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you😃Will send more wishes on Monday😀

I went to Fresh Market yesterday. I always go in there looking for something specific but end up buying all kinds of things LOL....I got some stuff for tomorrow night and Monday while I am watching football😃a couple of different cheeses, some crackers, spinach/artichoke dip too. And some of their dumplings.......the kind you saute in some butter or oil.....yummy.  And Fresh Market makes a killer chicken pot pie......it is big enough for 2 people so when I bake it that will be 2 meals for me. And I have found they make my most favorite rye bread. Great texture and it toasts beautifully. 

I was thinking of going to TJ's but both locations are further than I want to drive. Oh well.

Have a good weekend to all of of you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

I just realized I didn’t post the gazillion cookie picture. We all still have some left…I’m cookied out. Melody

IMG_7668.jpeg

Hi Melody, WOW!!! Am I counting a dozen cookie choices?.....no shortage on dessert that is foe sure.

Wow Melody no shortage of cookies or food at your house!

My husband got back from Los Angeles and brought back lots of Tader Joes goodies.Last night we had a packet of their Dahl ,we added chicken and vegetables and had some roti,eas delicious.

Kat I hope the bonuses keep coming in through your ski season.

New Years Eve here today ,Happy New Year everyone and as some have said may we stay healthy and keep traveling and making memories.Thanks for the chats especially when I was going through my chemo ...last one was exactly a year ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

It was a rough Christmas for us. My mother fell and ended up in ER all day on Christmas Day with my sister and I. She fractured her knee and can’t bear weight. Arranging care and equipment took several days hard labor but she is home now.

Oh that’s awful!  Hope she recovers quickly!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

It was a rough Christmas for us. My mother fell and ended up in ER all day on Christmas Day with my sister and I. She fractured her knee and can’t bear weight. Arranging care and equipment took several days hard labor but she is home now.

Oh no....Cynthia, so sorry this happened to her. Your sister lives here, right? So your Mom is not alone...thankfully.  Send her my best wishes. Are you still here in Jax?

5 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I'm so sorry that happened to your mother.  Hopefully It will be an unremarkable recovery for her.

I keep forgetting about the TJ's Dal packets.  I used to keep one in the pantry for a quick meal.

A hectic couple of days at work.  Worked an extra half hour each night and didn't take a lunch time.  Friday and tonight were my baking cookies late afternoon thing and then wine & cheese at 4:30.   Utah law makes me stay up in the lounge when we have the wine, so I can't do anything else until I finish that at around 6.  I leave at 7 (usually), so I have to hope that no one bothers me so I can get things done that last hour.   Another owner came in today and she gave me a Christmas "thank you."  So, I'm now up to $550 for my vacation fund!   

OOTD:  my Pact checked tunic, leggings.  Easy peasy.

• Like 4