for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

11 minutes ago, awhfy said:

The new Edge class ships have a very few solo cabins. I, personally, don’t like the infinite balcony at all. It’s not a balcony, it’s a window that opens from the top. We spend a lot of time out on our balcony 

Hi, I realized that after I typed the post. So you really cannot sit outside......so what is the point of it?

I will keep looking because I like to sit outside too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi again....Melody, looking at Celebrity again and they must have changed something.....I found a Caribbean Cruise that has a great price (for a solo) new ship too........bigger than I am normally used to but I am definitely thinking about it. It is a 7 night cruise on "Ascent"......sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale in one of the new "Single Infinite" balcony cabins. 

We saw the Ascent on our last cruise. She is very brightly lit, almost to the point of seeming gaudy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

We saw the Ascent on our last cruise. She is very brightly lit, almost to the point of seeming gaudy.

Hi PH, thanks for the post. I will keep looking. 

• Like 2

I went to TJMaxx today to get socks (you know how this story ends). I found a Baggalini small purse (that fits my phone & wallet for $19!  Had to go back in when I realized I forgot my socks!!!  6 pairs of CuddleDud socks for $5.99 & silk longjohns (top & bottom in my size) for $15 right next to the socks.  I love the silk longjohns for pjs. Melody

• Like 5

17 hours ago, awhfy said:

I went to TJMaxx today to get socks (you know how this story ends). I found a Baggalini small purse (that fits my phone & wallet for $19!  Had to go back in when I realized I forgot my socks!!!  6 pairs of CuddleDud socks for $5.99 & silk longjohns (top & bottom in my size) for $15 right next to the socks.  I love the silk longjohns for pjs. Melody

Nice! I love a good deal!  

On my Azamara cruise last year I had so much OBC that I had to go shopping in the ship's stores, something I normally never do. I found this cute MZ Wallace small quilted crossbody bag in navy onsale and used up most of my credit on it. It was the last night so I didn't really have a chance to try it out -- but I took it on my most recent cruise and LOVED it for onboard ship. It just fit my sunglasses, foldable brush phone, room card, Kindle and lip balm.

https://www.mzwallace.com/products/black-rec-metro-flat-crossbody

image.thumb.png.d79f8c222001ac49831fc233675a977b.png

• Like 3

Good morning,  great purchases Melody😃 and Cynthia, I love that crossbody bag too!

I don't remember searching for cruises this much in a long time......I guess I am still just not sure what I want to do.....at least I have the time to do it LOL.......I will keep looking.

I have some good news about my glucose numbers. I am not sure if I posted this but I got a new meter and the other stuff......needles, lancets, etc.......I have to wonder if the Januvia is a much better medicine than what I was talking previously? My numbers have come way down. (which of course is a good thing). I am sticking my finger once a day. .

• Like 4

Lois -  good news on the numbers, indeed!  Some of these new meds are working very well with lowering levels.  Welcome to the Sisterhood of the Stuck Finger!!

I had been feeling a little down in the dumps the past few days.  Work is kind of bring me down.  The new boss is on a major cleaning/getting rid of stuff spree.  He's redoing all our storage cages.  He's inventing new procedures, getting rid of old ones.  Now, it's his prerogative to do it, but, some of the things he's doing have been in place for at least 5 years and have been passed down from boss to boss.  It's also the first time I've been made to actually feel "old".  He's having my co-worker do all sorts of stuff and they talk all the time.  She's in her 50s so she not the usual 20-something I've worked with.  But, I'm kind of left sitting at the desk and not knowing everything that's happening.  My "old, old" boss who is now the company GM here has been sending me emails to do reservations, check on owners, some things that have usually been the domain of the lodge boss.  I don't mind because I know how to do it all and apparently she trusts me.  He doesn't really like it - he'll send emails asking to be notified.  I know our maintenance guy isn't happy.  He's talked to our old boss, too.    More owners are coming in again in the next few weeks so I'll try to ignore things and just do what I've always done for my owners.  Sorry for the rant.  I'll just sit at the desk and collect my pay - I'll need it for my shoulder surgery!!!  

Day off.  I need to go out and do some shopping for a gift for my week-old great grand nephew!  He arrived a month early, but he's all good and healthy.  He's already getting sweet kisses from his "sisters" - the 3 dogs.  

OOTD:  jeans, longsleeve T.  It's warm today - sunny and up to 45 today.   

• Like 2

Kat, sounds like your GM doesn’t really trust/like your ‘new boss’. Your GM knows of your extensive hospitality experience & knows you’ll do the job right, the first time. Melody

• Like 2

18 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Work is kind of bring me down. 

Sometimes you start to get that feeling that it's time to retire. 

My job was extremely hectic, but I loved it for many years. I thought I'd never want to retire. But there came a time when too many changes in management, too many staff and budget cutbacks and too much "drama" just made it unpleasant...

I think you said earlier that this might be your last year?

• Like 2

Yeah, I keep feeling like this should be my last season.  But, I've already had some of the owners tell me they don't want me to go away.  At least I have until next November to decide.

My original boss does know me well.  She knows what I can do.  She knows I work Fridays and Saturdays alone - there must be something she likes if I'm alone on the busiest nights!   I'm just trying to keep my head down and my mouth shut.   I asked if we could get one more Master key to use as we only have one now and we have to share.  Last year, we each had one.  He looked at me and said "I'll have to think about it, I don't want others to get access to them."  *****???  

I  got my stuff for my new great-grand nephew, Jett.  I got 2 locally-made kids's books and the stuffed animals to go with them:  Gilbert the Moose and Stetson, Street Dog of Park City.  I always wanted to get them for gifts!  I also got a stuffed Deer Valley Avalanche Dog and a Deer Valley Tshirt that he'll grow into for the Summer,   A woman I worked with at the St, Regis wrote Stetson.  We used to have a "Stetson Night" where we had a scruffy dog who looked just like Stetson come up to the hotel and interact with the kids and Jeannine would read from the book.   And, to keep his 3 "sister" dogs from getting too jealous, I bought them a nice bag of dog bones from Rocky Mountain Chocolate.  No chocolate involved so they are OK for them,  

OOTD:  jeans, Mountain Hardware hoodie shirt, red Patagonia.  It was in the 40s, but the wind was brutal.  A "Pineapple Express" atmospheric river storm is coming tonight.  Supposed to dump a bunch of snow on us,

• Like 1

I've sort of been in the doldrums this week. I just treated myself to a small bag of items from Whole Foods to inspire my dining for the next few days. I picked up two Williams Sonoma cookbooks from my local used book store on soups and salads and I needed some special ingredients to make a couple that I'd earmarked.

• Like 2

Sorry to read your boss isnt improving Kat, sounds annoying.

Hope everyone else is good and things are happier with your wholefoods purchase Cynthia.

Not long until your cruise Melody !

Have you looked at Seabourn Lois , we have enjoyed our cruises with them.

• Like 1

Kat, you’ll outlast him (especially if the owners like you). We’re getting tomorrow night what you’re getting tonight. As long as I can get out of here on Tuesday morning!!!  Melody

• Like 1

We’re all ready to go. Just hoping the snow expected for tonight thru Sunday will be a nonevent. We’re not taking the mobility walker but the cane is a definite. Les has agreed that if the 4-nighter is too much we’ll get a mobility scooter for the 10-night (this was a HUGE concession on his part). He’s doing considerably better. We do have an appointment with a robotic surgeon for the polyp on his gallbladder tge week we get back. 

I just want to get on the ship & relax on my balcony!!!  Melody

• Like 4

13 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Sorry to read your boss isnt improving Kat, sounds annoying.

Hope everyone else is good and things are happier with your wholefoods purchase Cynthia.

Not long until your cruise Melody !

Have you looked at Seabourn Lois , we have enjoyed our cruises with them.

Hi Melissa, yes, I looked at them.......nothing seems to fit.......they have 2 options I was researching but neither one is working for me. 

45 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We’re all ready to go. Just hoping the snow expected for tonight thru Sunday will be a nonevent. We’re not taking the mobility walker but the cane is a definite. Les has agreed that if the 4-nighter is too much we’ll get a mobility scooter for the 10-night (this was a HUGE concession on his part). He’s doing considerably better. We do have an appointment with a robotic surgeon for the polyp on his gallbladder tge week we get back. 

I just want to get on the ship & relax on my balcony!!!  Melody

Melody, hope it is a wonderful, relaxing cruise for both of you😃

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Melody, hope it is a wonderful, relaxing cruise for both of you😃

Me too!!  Thanks Lois

first cruise has Super Bowl & second has MardiGras & Valentines Day

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

Melody: Have a RELAXING cruise you two!    The snow hasn't been the big event everyone was hoping for today.  It's a wet cement kind of snow because we're right on the rain/snow temp boundary.  Only supposed to be up to maybe 5" today, then nothing until Monday.  

Cynthia - I understand doldrums.  Cooking up something sounds good.   I might do some soup tonight.

Boss is gone on a week's long vacation.  I asked him to buy some cookie dough 3 days before he left.  He didn't.  Going to have some disappointed kids tonight.  I'll have to stop off at the store tonight and buy it myself.  I can't do peanut butter ones (what I have left) because there are kids in house today and don't want to mess with peanut allergies.  

OOTD:  black jeans and my new Deer Valley hockey sweater hoodie.  My depression present to myself - big, comfy, and warm.  I've had a bunch of compliments on it today.   Not really something I'm supposed to wear to work, but it's on brand for the resort and I'm here alone so I don't care 😼 I wore in my Patagonia rain shell as it would protect me from wet snow today. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Melody: Have a RELAXING cruise you two!    The snow hasn't been the big event everyone was hoping for today.  It's a wet cement kind of snow because we're right on the rain/snow temp boundary.  Only supposed to be up to maybe 5" today, then nothing until Monday.  

Cynthia - I understand doldrums.  Cooking up something sounds good.   I might do some soup tonight.

Boss is gone on a week's long vacation.  I asked him to buy some cookie dough 3 days before he left.  He didn't.  Going to have some disappointed kids tonight.  I'll have to stop off at the store tonight and buy it myself.  I can't do peanut butter ones (what I have left) because there are kids in house today and don't want to mess with peanut allergies.  

OOTD:  black jeans and my new Deer Valley hockey sweater hoodie.  My depression present to myself - big, comfy, and warm.  I've had a bunch of compliments on it today.   Not really something I'm supposed to wear to work, but it's on brand for the resort and I'm here alone so I don't care 😼 I wore in my Patagonia rain shell as it would protect me from wet snow today. 

Document everything he doesn’t do

• Like 2

Hello Ladies. Back from my cruise today. I didn't care for Reflection. I thought the decor was rather dark, a lot of brown. Silhouette was much better.  Otherwise the cruise itself was good. It was very windy, overcast and cool even in Cozumel. It wasn't bad in the sun. Many people who wanted to sit poolside were bundled up in towels. There were maybe 10 kids at most.

Lois - I have sailed on Princess. I liked them. My only complaint was the theaters were small so you had to arrive early. On other ships, there are always seats available but it was SRO some evenings.  I don't know if a lot of kids would be on Princess, not much for them to do. A couple of kids on my cruise looked bored. No kids pool.

You are right that Celebrity was charging solos more than double. Before my cruise, I was perusing the Celebrity website and noticed a price drop on my December cruise. I called them and got a much better price. The December cruise is on Apex.  Ascent was next to Reflection and I did not see the ship lit up. This was daytime so I don't know what it looks like at night.

Melody - Weather in So Fla Tuesday is predicted to be 70.

• Like 1

Snow update for Melody.  We got a surprise bit of snow yesterday.  Not a lot, maybe 4 inches.  But, that will be heading your way.

Another lazy day at work.  I went ahead and bought cookie dough, some cheese and salumi so I'd have stuff for my Wine & Cheese apres ski.  Friday night had some "vultures" so the stuff that I thought would make it through last night went away.   A lot of folks doing a "grab and go" on the way to the hot tub.   It'll be another lazy day today.  But we pick up in a big way on Wednesday for the rest of the month.  

I bought a "prep for surgery summer" item for myself last night.  A new Sherpani sling bag that I can put on my good shoulder.  I remember having one the last time.  Easier to use than a backpack or a crossbody.  It'll be an excellent bag for travel, too - lots of anti-theft features to it.   The Esprit AT is the name.  There is also a non-anti-theft version, the Esprit, but I like the Straw color and it was only in the AT.  

OOTD:   black jeans, charcoal long sleeve T.   My Patagonia shell.  It's turning out to be a good jacket when it's not that cold. 

• Like 1

It's what I call a "filthy" weather day here, typical winter in Atlanta: gray, with 85-100% chance of rain for the rest of the day. Temps in the low 40s but windy, so it feels like 30s. 🌬️🌧️ I have no desire to go out.

I'm just puttering around. Made some good curried sweet potato soup and am slowly polishing it off with some garlic naan.  Reading, surfing the net, a perfect lazy Sunday.

@awhfy  Wishing you safe travels, no delays and a fun cruise. Hope you have great balcony weather. Have a martini for me. 😁🍸

@slidergirl  That's a cute Sherpani. I haven't bought any in a while but I like the straw one you got (also like it in the Sakura print, if I were going to Japan this year....)

• Like 1

Kat, I hope your snow holds off until we’re out of here. The rain here turned to heavy concrete snow that was an absolute bear to clear!

Cruisemom I’ll definitely have a martini for you. Hoping Atlanta is nice to go through on Tuesday!!  Melody