for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Good morning, Janet, thanks so much.....😀

Hi PH, hope you are feeling better. 

I honestly never realized how different packing is for a land trip (especially this type of land trip) as compared to cruising. It is a different animal!

9 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Have a great trip, Lois.  Remember - if you discover you need/forgot something, you can always buy it!  😸😸  Looks like you are going to have perfect weather.

OOTD:  hot again, sigh.  running shorts and a Tshirt again.

Hi Kat, thank you so much and I was thinking the same thing LOL.......and I was checking the weather yesterday with the next 10 days and it really does look good! High 70s to low 80s during the day.

On 6/13/2024 at 1:35 PM, cruisemom42 said:

Hi all, just a quick update. My father passed last night, just after the move to assisted living. He had been rapidly going downhill over last couple of weeks, so it wasn't a big surprise and it was peaceful. 

It's certainly been quite the month. Barring any other issues I am hoping to make my Azamara Onward cruise leaving Southampton June 20th.

Condolences on your loss glad it was a peaceful passing 

On 6/25/2024 at 6:17 PM, PurpleHays said:

Well, y'all, I've been out for several weeks. In that time, the hubby and I have been hiking (we're up to almost three miles in ugly humidity. We skipped one day because the dew point was 75 at 7:15AM. 🥵

I had a near-syncopal episode at work a couple of weeks ago. A coworker drove me home and I went to the doc the next day. The gist is that my BP was stupid high and I started meds. I also wore a heart monitor for a week. One of the directions was essentially "don't sweat." In NC, during a heat wave. Ugh. Anyway, the heat and humidity were high enough that I was walking around with chest pressure due to my chronic lung disease. The meds seem to be working-my BP is starting to come down-and it will be interesting to see if the heart monitor shows anything.

Sympathy to Cynthia on the loss of her father.

WOW, Christy, hope you are feeling better! 

Melody, you look great!  Looks like you had a wonderful time with family!

Lois, safe travels, I hope you have an amazing trip!

We have had grandkids visiting for over two weeks so very busy with beach days, pool days, mini golf, etc. One leaves tomorrow and the other two leave Thursday.  I’m not sure I will ever get all the sand out of the condo!🤣

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

On 6/22/2024 at 2:50 AM, slidergirl said:

This even with the childhood vaccination. 

Here in Australia we recommend revaccinating for whooping cough every 10 - 12 years as protection drops. Especially recommended for people who are going to be around small babies ie grandparents, as they can't get their first injection till 2 months. I know of a few whooping cough outbreaks over the years due to my nursing career. It is very sad to see babies and toddlers struggling for breath in hospital.

I must check when I had my last booster.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Here in Australia we recommend revaccinating for whooping cough every 10 - 12 years as protection drops. Especially recommended for people who are going to be around small babies ie grandparents, as they can't get their first injection till 2 months. I know of a few whooping cough outbreaks over the years due to my nursing career. It is very sad to see babies and toddlers struggling for breath in hospital.

I must check when I had my last booster.

That has been the recommendation in the US since around 2012 also.  We offered pertussis vaccines to the new moms before discharge and encouraged other family members see their physician for one.

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 2

Just now, sjb317 said:

That has been the recommendation in the US since around 2012 also.  We offered pertussis  vaccines to the new moms before discharge.

Sherri🙂

Good to know and a sensible plan.

I think the reminder to get boosters every decade is not done until we are in the middle of a bad infection period. I just saw advertising tonight reminding people about flu injections because we are having high levels of influenza. Influenza A has been nasty the last couple of years.

We get our annual flu shot every September. We’ll also get the whooping cough injection again this year as Les tends to get bronchitis easily with his COPD

• Like 2

Thanks all for the whooping cough booster info!  Honesty, I never heard of it.  I have my annual checkup on 8/15 so I'll try to remember to ask about it.  I had whooping cough back when I was a little kid - maybe 7 or so, even with the vax.  I wonder if that is why I am so prone to bouts of bronchitis...

I've been bing-watching The Bear this weekend, from start.  I always heard about it but I never watched it.  Very good.  The food part of it is really cool.  The fact that they have cameos with all these famous chefs is a surprise.  

OOTD:  my hoodie mini dress - just hangin and binging. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Thanks all for the whooping cough booster info!  Honesty, I never heard of it.  I have my annual checkup on 8/15 so I'll try to remember to ask about it.  I had whooping cough back when I was a little kid - maybe 7 or so, even with the vax.  I wonder if that is why I am so prone to bouts of bronchitis...

I've been bing-watching The Bear this weekend, from start.  I always heard about it but I never watched it.  Very good.  The food part of it is really cool.  The fact that they have cameos with all these famous chefs is a surprise.  

OOTD:  my hoodie mini dress - just hangin and binging. 

Whooping cough as a child can definitely impact bronchitis as an adult. We’ve found that out with Les

Well, my BP is up and down. I took my home machine to work Friday to compare to one of anesthesia's to see how accurate it is. Well, it was within a couple of points, but it was 164/102. No wonder I felt like crap. They offered to let me go home, but it was a short day, so I opted to finish the day. When all the rooms except mine were done, they sent a nurse in to "babysit" me. I did the work she just kept an eye on me.

I've had a pretty low key weekend. It is very hot and humid now, so I'm staying inside with a fan and wearing short and tanktops. I go out an look at the garden, maybe pull whatever is ripe. I've been so unproductive. I feel OK, but don't know how Monday will go at work.

On the other (bright) side, I'm going to Chicago next weekend with my daughter, granddaughter, daughter's BFF//maid of honor, and fiance' to go wedding dress shopping. She wants to go to a specific designer. I'm excited to go, even though my routine will be terribly out of whack. Although, I have to say I am looking forward to temps in the mid-80s rather than high 90s.