for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi,  it has been raining here most of the day but nothing bad.

I was able to go to the grocery store today and so I will be inside for at least the  next couple of days.

Looks like the storm is going to hit tonight......and some folks are just dumb!

Walking around in the storm talking selfies!

Oh I forgot.....there was a big tornado over In  Broward County too! That is on the east coast.....just crazy.

Just now, awhfy said:

Lois & Sherry looks like you’re going to get the storm also, please stay safe. 

Thanks, Melody.  We had multiple tornado warnings this evening just up A1a but nothing close to us.  Looks like Cocoa Beach area had some damage.  We are hunkered down with the hurricane shutters in place.  I keep waiting for the power to go off but so far, we are okay!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

My BFF in Ft Myers (in an over 55 mobile home) came through without any damage!  They had evacuated to the American Legion & had a hurricane party. Still have to hear from my friends in just outside of Tampa 🙏🏻

Melody, hope your friends are all ok! Southwest Florida took quite a hit, that is for sure. 

We just got a little rain and some winds....nothing bad here at all (thankfully).

• Like 2

My friend hasn't posted yet about her beach cottage in Cocoa Beach.  But, I know there was a tornado that touched down north of it and did some damage.  I guess the hurricane went right over Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral.  One of the photos on the Washington Post feed was from CB.  I'm seeing posts on FB on some of the CB forums and it sounds like, outside of branches and stuff, they fared decent for the most part.  Some stores and restaurants are back up to serve people.  

Went to the dentist today for my quarterly cleaning.  It was surprisingly quick and easy.  Dr. J said everything was looking better - probably easing up on the COVID issues.  We had a little chat about some journal articles he's been reading on Long Covid issues.  It's so nice that he is keeping up on it.  

OOTD:  Got all gussied up since I'm done traveling and wanted to wear something to make me think I'm traveling 😸  One of my River & Sky dresses and my Taos high tops.  Oh, and I put on more makeup that I wear in the daytime to feel "special".  But it feels too much.  Oh well, at least it isn't clown-like...

• Like 1

One of the great photos taken of aurora borealis here at Garden of the Gods  in Colorado Springs last night. Photo by Dan Forster. Melody

IMG_1016.jpeg

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 4

Kat…Milton went right over my neighborhood up here in Titusville and then over the base. We are very grateful to not have been on the north side of the storm where there was much more rain combined with the winds…we still got over 10” of rain here but thankfully it came in bands and the ground had some chance to absorb some even as saturated as it was. The south side of the storm was more of a wind event…both from Milton itself and all  the tornadoes. I haven’t ventured down to Cocoa Beach yet but I expect that there is wind damage more than anything down there.

We didn’t lose electricity but my friend in the next neighborhood did…very spotty here as to who lost power…I don’t understand the grid but I believe my neighborhood transformer was recently replaced so…that kind of maintenance could be the difference. We lost our back fence…no surprise given it’s age and condition…and so much yard debris but no other real damage. Again, feeling very grateful here.

• Like 1

Anita - I thought you had moved up to Seattle.  Happy to hear you got through Milton OK.  

I finally heard from my Cocoa Beach friend.  Her 90 year old cottage made it through unscathed.  

Melody - nice photo.  I've seen so many good photos of the Northern Lights from last night.  

Still smoke in our air from our forest fire.  No rain appeared so still going.  

OOTD:  my tie dye hoodie minidress.  An old favorite.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

One of the great photos taken of aurora borealis here at Garden of the Gods  in Colorado Springs last night. Photo by Dan Forster. Melody

IMG_1016.jpeg

Would you believe I heard on the news last night that there were places in North Georgia where the lights were visible?? First time I can recall hearing that....  Not where I am, though. 

Beautiful photo.

• Like 2

Random things today because I couldn't find a thread...

someone asked about something like the old track suit to wear for flight/embarking or something like that.  Depending on how much one wants to spend, I'll recommend going to the Quince website and look at the cashmere pants and sweaters.  The price points on Quince are always very good.  For me, the cashmere full-zip hoodie (bought it last Winter for work) paired with the cashmere straight leg pants would work.  

There was a short shirtdress on the Frank and Eileen website that I had been coveting, the Mary.  But, no way was I going to pay $295 for it!!!!  Lo and behold, it showed up on 70% sale today!!!  Under $100 I could do.  Multi-purpose dress, as-is, with leggings, unbuttoned with pants as a shacket...  Good for work and maybe travel.  

The wind has shifted a little so the smoke from our forest fire isn't so bad today.  But the fire itself is still enlarging and only 25% contained.  No chance for Fall camping up there this year 😿

• Like 1

We have beautiful weather here this weekend. Can't help feeling so lucky compared with all those going home to clean up and deal with the aftermath of the last two massive hurricane/storms....

I'm having dinner with DS tonight after spending most of the weekend catching up on chores and cleaning.

I made final payment on the Antarctic cruise that's been booked, canceled (during Covid) and then rebooked almost 2 years ago.... That's in January. I didn't schedule anything this fall because I knew I had to get my passport renewed. Joke's on me: the new one came in about 2 weeks. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

I posted something on another thread (about the white party dress) and duplicated it in error......so I tried to delete the 2nd post but a message comes up saying "thread cannot be found".......how weird is that???? What is wrong with the site these days?

• Like 1

I had problems earlier today with website. I think they were doing site maintenance. 

we did yard maintenance today prior to cold weather due in this coming weekend. Daughter is busy harvesting her huge garden. We spent yesterday with her while she was roasting peppers & making salsa. We were the chopping crew (& wine drinking crew). Great day. 

tomorrow I’m going to outlets with other daughter.

im going to check out the Quince site Kat, I could use a cashmere outfit. Melody 

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

Cynthia - since you got your passport so fast, you could always look at the 90 Day Ticker on some website for a last-second cruise 😉

Still smokey out here.   I've been watching my Squirrel gathering up food for his winter storage lately.  I put out a Wildlife mix that has nice corn kernels and big seeds in his feeder that is at my patio door.  He spends a lot of time scurrying down my screen door, pickup up some kernels/seeds and scurrying back up to his hutch (an old shutter housing above the door).   He's so fun to watch.  I can open the door now and he'll still come down while I'm standing there.  We talk.  Maybe one day he'll let me pet him!  

OOTD:  sweatshirt and my Woolx McKenna leggings - I was feeling a little cool today. 

IMG_2604.jpeg

Let's see if this works. I tried posting this afternoon and when I hit submit the site went down

Anyway, today was my first day of volunteering at the food Bank. Everyone was nice and they have a process for packing the foods. Pretty easy to learn but the one thing I noticed was after standing on my feet for 3 hours my back was aching....I go back on Thursday and may work In the office to get a feel for that part.

• Like 2

I was getting a "Community Not Available" error message for most of the day.  Oh well.

I cannot believe this:  we have a freakin' Winter Storm Warning in effect for Wednesday to Friday!!!  Possible up to a foot of snow.  I can't deal with it.  I guess I have to go under the house to my furnace to put in a new filter today and then be ready to turn on the heater for a few hours.  Ugh.  Way too soon!!!!  At least the snow should help tamp down our forest fire, which is still spreading and only 29% contained as of this morning. 

My travel hamster wheel started spinning again.  Not enough cruises within my budget to do a balcony TA to Lisbon.  So, I'm investigating maybe a TA to Barcelona.  Spend 2 days there so I can finally see the finished inside of Sagrada Familia and get a good dinner.  Then get a cheap flight to either Porto and go south for a week to Faro or vise versa.  Then get a cheap fight to Amsterdam.  Spend 2 days there doing something.  Then get the nonstop Delta fight home to SLC.  Or go to Paris and catch the nonstop from there.  I just have to get it together and start booking things.  

Lois - what hotel are you staying at in Lisbon?  Just curious. 

OOTD:  my Woolx leggings and a sweatshirt - it was 57 degrees in the house when I woke up.  

• Like 1

Hi Kat, the ship is my hotel this trip. She is docked for a full 2 days before sailing so no need for me to book a hotel.

I fly out on Nov 21, arriving the morning of the 22nd and we sail on the 23rd. 

• Like 2