for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Lois, I hope you have a successful surgery & a nice visit with your friend. Heal quickly. Melody

Melody, thanks so much😃we had BBQ for lunch.....love it.  Tonight we are going to my favorite place....I know all the bartenders and most of the wait staff.  Leaving in about 20 minutes for Happy Hour first😃

• Like 3

Lois, you have been in my thoughts all day hoping that pre ops day hasn’t been too stressful. Sounds like you and your friend are making the most of today!👏

Sending healing wishes for tomorrow’s surgery and hoping that your experience will be as easy as my sister’s was who also had a robotic hysterectomy . In a nutshell, she only needed the pain pills the first day. From then on, she just used Tylenol.  Hope you have an easy time of it.  
Sharon

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 1

Good luck today Lois

My doctor released me from care this week, said I made him look good. I’m approximately 2 months ahead of healing schedule, that pt works. You can barely see the scar 

06A2D051-FCC5-4083-991C-9DA0C4F32553.jpeg

AA08421A-E6D7-47D5-828A-E28F76158554.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

My doctor released me from care this week, said I made him look good. I’m approximately 2 months ahead of healing schedule, that pt works. You can barely see the scar 

You must be a model patient -- Congrats on your quick recovery!!!!

• Like 1

Okay, I am finally starting to believe that my upcoming trip/cruise is going to happen. I fly to London and arrive Easter Sunday, then leave from Southampton on Celebrity cruise. All the regular logistics are arranged, but Celebrity has yet to publish their requirements for cruising in Europe. (I think we are the first cruise of the season, we are the cruise following after the Silhouette TA.) It's making me crazy.

For the TAs, the wording suggests that any cruises visiting Spain will have to have a COVID test not more than 1 day prior to boarding!  I was counting on two days which is mostly the "norm" now.  Trying to decide whether to go ahead and reserve a spot with a pharmacy in London (there are many) for the day before. I guess either way I would be covered but it kind of messes up my plans; I was going to go to Oxford for the day.

The cruise will visit several ports in NW Spain and goes as far as Porto in Portugal (not Lisbon), then goes to two French ports (La Rochelle, Le Havre) on the way back. 

Most exciting things on the itinerary for me are a wonderfully preserved Roman lighthouse in La Coruna and getting to Santiago de Compostela (from Vigo).

I think the weather will likely be windy on the coast and a bit on the cool side, so I am going to bring layers and my silk underwear just in case....  

• Like 1

Cynthia - Wow!  You leave to cruise on my last day of work!!  I'll be thinking of you.   A thought - see if you can reserve a spot to get tested in Oxford: two birds, one stone.

Did you decide yet what you're going to do in La Rochelle?  How are you getting to Santiago de Campostela?  The Cathedral there looks spectacular.   Stopping in Porto wouldn't be too bad for me - find a place with Port tasting with chocolates!!!  I haven't been there, but I did a private Port tasting up in Napa and the taste of a red port after a chocolate truffle was, well, obscene.  The tawny ports with their nutty taste were darn good, too.  I've heard they go well with Snickers or Reese's ...😸

14 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Cynthia - Wow!  You leave to cruise on my last day of work!!  I'll be thinking of you.   A thought - see if you can reserve a spot to get tested in Oxford: two birds, one stone.

Did you decide yet what you're going to do in La Rochelle?  How are you getting to Santiago de Campostela?  The Cathedral there looks spectacular.   Stopping in Porto wouldn't be too bad for me - find a place with Port tasting with chocolates!!!  I haven't been there, but I did a private Port tasting up in Napa and the taste of a red port after a chocolate truffle was, well, obscene.  The tawny ports with their nutty taste were darn good, too.  I've heard they go well with Snickers or Reese's ...😸

I'm thinking I'll reserve a testing spot in London early in the morning. That way if there is any screw-up I have time to find something else. I can do Oxford the day before. Also excited to find there's a major Raphael special exhibit at the National Museum, so I've booked a reservation for that on the day after I arrive.

Sorry, I responded on the other thread in the France forum -- I'm going to go to Saintes from La Rochelle, very straightforward by train. 

I'm not a huge port fan, but I'll enjoy some tawny port with my aged parmiggiano or pecorino....  I'm more of a savory person than sweet, in general.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I'm thinking I'll reserve a testing spot in London early in the morning. That way if there is any screw-up I have time to find something else. I can do Oxford the day before. Also excited to find there's a major Raphael special exhibit at the National Museum, so I've booked a reservation for that on the day after I arrive.

Sorry, I responded on the other thread in the France forum -- I'm going to go to Saintes from La Rochelle, very straightforward by train. 

I'm not a huge port fan, but I'll enjoy some tawny port with my aged parmiggiano or pecorino....  I'm more of a savory person than sweet, in general.

You can do nuts also with tawny.  

Turns out my co-worker's parents live in Nantes.  She showed me a really cool "museum" there with all these metal robotic animals, including a full-size elephant!  I looked like something that would be fun to walk through.  And, apparently, you can ride some of them!!!   If you didn't have anything planned, I would have said go there!  

I'm bouncing between the forums, too.  I forget to check sometimes which I'm on.

By myself since 2pm at work.  Our last paying guest to check-in was yesterday.  So, besides folk now in-house, we only have some owners coming in the next 15 days.  REALLY slow.  So, we have a task list of things to try to get the Lodge ready for the summer to keep us semi-busy.  Just have to space them out over the 15 days.  

OOTD: white/black stripe long sleeve Vneck T from Sundance, my jeans, my hi-tops.  

• Like 1

Has anyone heard how Lois is doing since her surgery on Friday?  Hoping all is well

Im almost packed to leave on Thursday, just have to put the hangared clothes on the top of the case & zip it up. 

26 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Has anyone heard how Lois is doing since her surgery on Friday?  Hoping all is well

Im almost packed to leave on Thursday, just have to put the hangared clothes on the top of the case & zip it up. 

She mentioned that she likely wouldn't be posting until at least today. I have also been thinking of her and hope all went well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Turns out my co-worker's parents live in Nantes.  She showed me a really cool "museum" there with all these metal robotic animals, including a full-size elephant!  I looked like something that would be fun to walk through.  And, apparently, you can ride some of them!!! 

I saw that museum on an episode of "Escape to the Chateau" lol. Didn't realize it was in Nantes. It does look interesting but more likely something I'd visit with my son (an engineer) than on my own.

(If you don't know the show, look it up, you might enjoy watching some episodes...)

• Like 1

Showed my French co-worker a picture of the pink high-tops (wearing my bone ones again today) and asked her if she could only take one of these over to Europe, which would she choose.  She picked bone.  She's pretty into fashion (makes her own clothes and takes old clothes and re-tailors them into something new.   I'll take her idea into consideration, too.  But, she was trying to get me to buy a pair of white/brown cow tall boots today!!!   They'd be a hoot to wear in the winter, but not quite me.  She leaves at 2pm, so I'm all by myself.  Idle hands make it hard to avoid shopping online...

Amber x Public Desire Genius Cow Print Knee High Chunky Sole Boot

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I saw that museum on an episode of "Escape to the Chateau" lol. Didn't realize it was in Nantes. It does look interesting but more likely something I'd visit with my son (an engineer) than on my own.

(If you don't know the show, look it up, you might enjoy watching some episodes...)

I watched some of the episodes when it aired briefly on HGTV. Interesting series. Angel certainly has her own style.

I too  have been thinking about Lois and hoping that all went well and she is feeling better now that a few days have passed since her surgery.

Edited by purduemom1

Hi girls, I got home about 6:00pm.......Lisa (my gf) is still here.  

Everything went ok except for the fact they kept me 2 days.........I had a hard time passing gas...but all of a sudden things got better  and the Dr said I could be released.........who knew gas could be such an issue......other than filling up your tank!  The surgery didn't actually start till almost 5:00pm on Friday.

Thanks to all of you for thinking of me😃

• Like 6

So good to hear from you, Lois!!!   Now, lay back and relax and enjoy the conversation with your girlfriend.  I almost said "pass the time", but, in light of your post...😉

Very interesting!  I ended my season just like I started my season this year with paying guests.  The nice family from Texas handed me $200 as a gratuity  tonight and told me to spend it on my vacation!!!  

• Like 2

Good to hear from you, Lois! I bet it’s nice to have a friend to keep you company as you recover. I hope you feel better each day from now on. 

Wow, Kat, what a nice gesture from the guests! Nice addition to your trip money. BTW, those cow print boots aren’t my taste either but would be fun  to wear in certain situations. 
Sharon

3 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

I watched some of the episodes when it aired briefly on HGTV. Interesting series. Angel certainly has her own style.

That's an understatement, lol.

I spent the first few episodes ranting to myself about why couldn't I find a deal like that chateau they purchased?  It's amazing how little they paid for it. And then as the seasons rolled on and I saw all the hard work they had to put in.....  I have to say that she grew on me, once I got beyond the makeup and clothing choices.

Lois, glad you’re home, you’ll rest better there. Gas can be a serious issue with robotic surgery, I had a similar issue with my hiatal hernia surgery.  Glad all is well now. Melody