for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

13 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Kat, how nice that compliment was and certainly shows that you have your personal style all figured out. You will have some fun planning your big trip wardrobe.

With some encouragement from my young French co-worker, I will be taking my style with me on my trip!  None of this "ladies over 60 need to dress conservatively in black pants, plain shirts and flats" BS 🙀. I just have to figure out what to take that will fit in the carryon!!!  At least with a few days in each spot, I can do laundry in the sink and let it air dry.  I only use a dryer at home for undies and sleep shirts (which are just my old XL Tshirts).  

Another boring day at work with nothing to do.  My co-worker and I are just sitting at the Front Desk, looking at stuff on the Internet.  When she leaves at 2pm, it's just me again.   I have 6 more work days left out of the 8 days left before we close for the season.  

OOTD:  mustard yellow V-neck sleeveless Tshirt from Garnet Hill, jeans, hi-tops, and the light oatmeal shrug.  It's the lightest "jacket" I have so I can wear my sleeveless stuff underneath.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Hi all, great to hear that Lois's surgery went well & that Melody is recovered enough to enjoy her visit & upcoming cruise!  & Cynthia, your cruise sounds terrific too...

I've been in hospital last couple of weeks, & received a surprise surgery on my right lung (same one I've been having trouble with since January).  Received a not so fun, untreatable diagnosis...will be making to absolute most of time I have left...still going on our cruise/trip in 4 weeks, it will just be a slower pace...  I appear to be going at a slower pace too lol 😉  

22 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi all, great to hear that Lois's surgery went well & that Melody is recovered enough to enjoy her visit & upcoming cruise!  & Cynthia, your cruise sounds terrific too...

I've been in hospital last couple of weeks, & received a surprise surgery on my right lung (same one I've been having trouble with since January).  Received a not so fun, untreatable diagnosis...will be making to absolute most of time I have left...still going on our cruise/trip in 4 weeks, it will just be a slower pace...  I appear to be going at a slower pace too lol 😉  

What the ????   Oh my gosh.  That is horrible news.  I am so absolutely sorry.  I will keep you in my thoughts everyday. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

So sorry 😞  don't like the sound of that.  Prayers....

• Like 1

OMG.......Debbie, I agree with the others and I am so, so sorry about this......wishing you all good things and as everyone has been here for me, we are here for you. Wish I could give you a live hug.   You are in my heart and thoughts.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Debbie -- I am so very sorry to hear this news but thank you for sharing it with us. This group has turned out to be a source of support, comfort, and laughter through the last 2.5 years for all of us I think, so I hope you'll continue to participate when you feel like it. My thoughts are with you.

So glad to hear that you have a cruise to look forward to. The good thing about cruises is that you can do as much or as little as you feel like on any given day -- not to mention they are great for getting away from it all. I hope you are busy making plans for more. 

💕 Cynthia

• Like 2

OMG, Debbie, this just totally and completely SUCKS.  I wish there was some way to make all of this better for you but it just SUCKS.  I think everyone on this thread feel like we just found out about a severe health issue for a close FRIEND.  Know that we are all willing to listen anytime and that we all care.  Glad you are still planning to go on your cruise in a few weeks.  

Lois, sounds like your recovery is going according to plan.  I am surprised that your doctor did not mention the gas or constipation issues as they are both very common.  Our poor c/s patients in postpartum would get very distended with gas.  I remember one new mom who thought she was not going to be able to go home with her baby, I assured her she was going home as the insurance company would not let us  keep her for gas!😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Hi girls, had my follow up Dr appt this morning and she said everything looks good😀. Next appt is at the 6 week point which is May 9. All the pathology reports came back negative (thankfully). Now it is just the normal healing process.

• Like 5

HELP!!!  I have 2 more hours of work alone and I'm falling asleep!!!  There are NO owners or guests in-house, either.  Good thing today is my Friday...

I can't even think about more vacation research.  Although, yesterday I thought of splitting my stay in Bologna into half Bologna and half Modena.  There are some day trips I want to do there that I really do have to drive for them because there is no train and the bus has transfers and takes time.  And, I could drink wine when I got back from my drives.  I decided I might not be a fan of a late night train from Modena when I had my good dinner there.  

OOTD:  jeans, a sleeveless T and my big, fuzzy, furry hoodie.  NOT my high-tops, but my tan Tevas because it's snowing today and I didn't want to repeat my banana peel fall when I put out the garbage this morning.  It's 5pm here - and the snow is now sticking to the road.  Ugh.  Had about 4 inches of wet stuff on my fence and trees this morning.  Supposed to get more overnight.  Welcome to Spring.

I closed on my house yesterday, now just smooth sailing (I hope) until my departure on Saturday for London. My biggest decision at this point is whether to take just a rain coat or something heavier like my "all purpose" fall/winter Europe travel coat. The weather in London and all along the North Atlantic coast looks cool and drizzly, which is pretty common for this time of year....  Definitely packing a fleece and a couple of merino sweaters.

They threw a curve ball at everyone when the requirements for boarding the ship were finally announced a few days ago. Due to regulations from Spain, we have to get our COVID tests not more than 1 day prior to boarding. I am taking some of the proctored tests with me but also have an appointment in a London pharmacy just in case...

• Like 2

Yes!  Congrats on the closing.  Those take so long - I always wanted to get it all over and done within a week - those 30-90 day closing are a PIA.

Now you can relax and enjoy your time in GB and on the cruise!

• Like 1

Congratulations, Cynthia, on closing and moving on. Nice that it’s all behind you before your cruise. Thinking about your coat dilemma, does your rain jacket allow for layering? Would the other pieces you mentioned worn under the jacket be warm enough? 

I’ve been reading about the various requirements when traveling in Europe. I think that Debbie’s cruise also involves traveling to different European countries. I wonder how she is doing with her planning? Oh for the days when we only had to make sure passports and possibly Visas were in order!

Sharon

Good morning!  Fun day here:  Our balcony sliders did not get installed as scheduled two weeks ago as the day they came, the elevator decided to stop working and the installers did not want to carry the doors up to the 3rd floor.😂. So they are here today and will, hopefully, be done by the end of the day.  

Cynthia, congrats on the closing and enjoy your cruise!  Are you done with renovations on your new place?  So far we have replaced all appliances, new water heater, shutters for windows, sliders, ceiling fans and lights, and new vanity/ fixtures in half bath.  We have signed a contact to completely tear out the old kitchen but work won’t begin until mid July.  Everything in Florida seems to move very slowly, I think people work on “island time”.

Kat, your trip is sounding amazing.  I hope you will post lots of pictures! 

OOTD:  I went to Publix this morning so I actually dressed in something other than workout clothes.  Denim capris and a gap tshirt with flip flops ( my standard florida outfit😂) but I actually put a little makeup on and earrings!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

My last official day off.  I work Friday, Saturday and close up the condos on Sunday.  Then, it's the start of my semi-retirement.  After hearing from quite a few owners, I think I'll go back next Winter.  

I received my birthday present from Sweaty Betty today.  They offered 50% off of one of any item!  So, I picked up a new pair of SB-edition Merrell Moab Speed GTX trail shoes.  I couldn't pass up that deal, especially since my beloved Solomon trail shoes have bit the dust.  I was looking for a new pair of trail shoes anyway, so it came at a good time.  

OOTD:  black Pact joggers and long sleeve T.  Going out to the market later, so I'll switch out the T for a hoodie when I go.  Give my new shoes a quick trial going through the market aisles...

• Like 1

Sherri, you have really done a lot to your condo. Hope the new sliders are ready to go by tonight. Gutting your kitchen and redoing will really make a difference. You are well on your way to making this condo your own. How long have you lived there?

How was your cruise? I bet you had a lot of fun with your grandson. 
Sharon

Kat, won’t be long now and you will again enjoy the retirement life. Great deal on your new trail shoes! Will they be going on your big trip? I googled “barge cruises” and was surprised that there are so many and that they can be very luxurious. I had no idea since the word barge made me think of more rustic surroundings.  

Did we (I) miss your birthday? 
Sharon

Lois and Debbie, how are you two doing? Hope you are having good days.

We have errands to take care of this morning including signing our tax returns. We are down to the wire but since we owe😖 this year, I guess it’s good that the deadline looms. After signing and paying the CPA we are going to an Art Museum.  Several interesting exhibits there now including Ansel Adams and Andy Warhol. Afterward stopping at our favorite Italian deli to pick up a sandwich to share. Love that place-lots of interesting imported items. Makes me want to visit Italy again. Will be thinking about Cynthia, Kat and Debbie planning their Italy adventures.

Sharon

OOTD considering today’s plans, I’m dressing up-if you can call it that. Navy ankle pants, maroon tee and my jean jacket(it’s a bit chilly this morning. Yep make up too. 

2 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Sherri, you have really done a lot to your condo. Hope the new sliders are ready to go by tonight. Gutting your kitchen and redoing will really make a difference. You are well on your way to making this condo your own. How long have you lived there?

How was your cruise? I bet you had a lot of fun with your grandson. 
Sharon

We have lived here since July 21 so almost 9 months.  The sliders are done and make an amazing difference!  We are going to change the format of the kitchen, redo some of the plumbing and add a bar area at one end.  And then, if we have any money left😂, we will tackle the master bathroom and maybe the guest bathroom. But I think we can do a lot of that ourselves, the kitchen is just too big of a job for the two of us.  

We did have a great time on the cruise with Eli.  I lost count of the number of games of mini golf I played with him as well as ping pong.  Lots of fun!  The only bad moment was at the first checkn prior to security.  The agent was going through our son’s family’s paperwork and even though they each had a passport and all had the same last names, she said they needed documentation to prove they were Eli’s parents and not possible pedophiles who were trafficking a kid.🙄. We asked to see a supervisor who said we had no problem since all the passports matched.  Sh was very apologetic and told us to go have a great cruise.  I think we were all a little shook up by that but a few cucumber jalapeño margaritas later and all was right with the world again!

Sounds like yo have had a lovely day today, well, except for the having to pay taxes part!

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 1