for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

I usually don't buy things in Chico's because their clothes don't fit me. I have been looking for navy pants and looked everywhere and could not find anything so I thought I would give Chico's a try. I found just what I was looking for. I need petite and the stores carry a very small selection. I don't look at the tops because I like more fitted styles. 

Lois, I like the jeans you bought. I may go over to Chico's this weekend and see if I can find these.  Did you get the jeans in petite?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WELDON said:

I usually don't buy things in Chico's because their clothes don't fit me. I have been looking for navy pants and looked everywhere and could not find anything so I thought I would give Chico's a try. I found just what I was looking for. I need petite and the stores carry a very small selection. I don't look at the tops because I like more fitted styles. 

Lois, I like the jeans you bought. I may go over to Chico's this weekend and see if I can find these.  Did you get the jeans in petite?

Hi Janet, nope, these jeans are "ankle length" and that fits me perfectly.😀 The store near me carries a good selection of petite clothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, I will most likely pack another pair of pants too. I have a grey pair that are a Ponte that are easy to pack too. 

I have multiple tops and 2 of them will go with both the grey and black pants.

These are for the evenings. 

Daytime.......I hope it is warm enough for a bathing suit and cover up. Not sure what the weather is for late May/early June.

I have not booked any excursions and have been to Bermuda at least 3 times.

One day I will take the ferry over to Hamilton, one day I will just walk around the Navy Yard and the rest of the time I will just chill out on the ship.

Melody, the internet doesn't do the colors of the tops any justice. They are much prettier in person. And those slacks? First time I ever bought them and I really LOVE them!!! I wasn't sure I would be happy with the wide leg but they are so nice!

I bought those pants for our last cruise. I absolutely love them I agree the color of that blouse is beautiful in person

Melody - I meant to ask you:  have you found a good "one shoulder" bag to use yet?  Nice ones available from the usual suspects - Cotopaxi, Sherpani, etc.   One thing to check for:  which shoulder is slings on!  Some have a changeable strap and some are hard-wired to one side.  

The freakin' cough left from the flu is really upsetting me!!  It's supposed to go away any day now...

Food front:  ATTENTION TJ SHOPPERS:  I found some new goodies there last week.  Sous Vide Turkey breast and Sous Vide Chicken Thighs.  I got the turkey.  Really good and easy for a couple of meal proteins.  Tender & juicy and a nice seasoning.  All you do is microwave it.   Spicy Mango Lemonade.  It's back.  Good as-is, blended with ice, or mixed with rum or vodka.   Banana Pudding Ice Cream.  For you Southern women 😸  It did taste like banana pudding, with little pieces of vanilla wafer cookies.  Just a nice little dessert.

OOTD:  sweats and a Tshirt.  Going to the market later and I'll put on jeans and a Tshirt.  

• Like 1

Kat, too funny I ordered a Cotapaxi one shoulder bag yesterday. I’ll let you know how I like it

• Like 1

Lois - the microwave did not dry it out.  It's cut into chunks already and it's not nuked for that long.  I did it for 3 meals and it was still moist.  

Melody - I kind of figured you'd get one of the ones I mentioned.   I remember I had a one shoulder bag way back when I had my first surgery and it was a lifesaver.  I used it for a long time even after I was healed.  I wish I still had it around.

Anyone have any good "cures" for a nasty, mucus-y cough outside of water?  I've been forcing myself to drink a gallon of water and it's not helping except making me go to the bathroom more.  Problem is the mucus is nasty enough that it makes every drink taste nasty.  I tried Mucinex  but it has always made me feel loopy stupid for hours.  I'd go back to Urgent Care, but they'd probably think I was just a drug seeker if I ask for some Hydrocodone.  The "tuss" syrup and pills have never done anything for me.  

OOTD:  It's in the low 40s today and windy.  I'm hanging out in leggings and a long sleeve T.  Not going out today. 

Hi from NZ ,its getting cooler here .

Ive been living in my vuori clothes I got in LA since I got back, they are so comfortable ,we don't have vuori in NZ yet only Lululemon.

Sorry to read your cough is lingering Kat.

I think we head off at the same time Lois .We fly to Singapore ,then Barcelona after a two hour layover ,about 24 hours flying ! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Lois - the microwave did not dry it out.  It's cut into chunks already and it's not nuked for that long.  I did it for 3 meals and it was still moist.  

Melody - I kind of figured you'd get one of the ones I mentioned.   I remember I had a one shoulder bag way back when I had my first surgery and it was a lifesaver.  I used it for a long time even after I was healed.  I wish I still had it around.

Anyone have any good "cures" for a nasty, mucus-y cough outside of water?  I've been forcing myself to drink a gallon of water and it's not helping except making me go to the bathroom more.  Problem is the mucus is nasty enough that it makes every drink taste nasty.  I tried Mucinex  but it has always made me feel loopy stupid for hours.  I'd go back to Urgent Care, but they'd probably think I was just a drug seeker if I ask for some Hydrocodone.  The "tuss" syrup and pills have never done anything for me.  

OOTD:  It's in the low 40s today and windy.  I'm hanging out in leggings and a long sleeve T.  Not going out today. 

Cough pearls work for us

Had my shoulder postop today. Doc was impressed with my progress & dropped me from giant padded sling to just a close to body sling for another month. I have 6 more weeks of therapy & I’ll have to wear new sling on flights (not while in Hawaii). He said my shoulder has zero swelling & looks like I’m at 4-5 weeks postop instead of 2 weeks. I told him I’m motivated. Melody

• Like 2

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Had my shoulder postop today. Doc was impressed with my progress & dropped me from giant padded sling to just a close to body sling for another month. I have 6 more weeks of therapy & I’ll have to wear new sling on flights (not while in Hawaii). He said my shoulder has zero swelling & looks like I’m at 4-5 weeks postop instead of 2 weeks. I told him I’m motivated. Melody

That's awesome!

3 hours ago, LoisRJax said:

I finally got my results of my kidney stones........they were made from URIC ACID.....I spoke with the nurse on the phone and I have a follow up appt with the Dr later this month.  They have a "suggestion" on a print out for foods that are on a low Purine Diet........what is purine you may ask? It is a substance that is found in foods AND is produced naturally in the body. They are broken down by the body and and changed to uric acid. Normally the kidneys  filter it and then it leaves the body through the urine.  Seems I am in the category where the uric acid had a build up and that is what caused the stones. Modern medicine.....they don't know why I all of a sudden got stones😮

Anyway, there are certain foods that are low in purine and other foods that are high so they need to be limited.....at least there are plenty of foods on the good list that I already eat. So, lets see what happens..........

I learned (decades ago in nursing school) that kidney stones are fairly common in the southern US due to all the tea we tend to drink. I don't know if that applies to you or if tea contains purines. Either way, at least you have a plan now and will hopefully have fewer stones in the future.

• Like 1

Well done on your progress Melody ,Hawaii is a good motivator.

Lois great you now hopefully what foods to avoid now .

Im just about to go for my walk and my daughter and husband are trying to assemble a trampoline , doesn't look as easy as it should be!

I have started to look at things to take away and cannot mind my EarPods ! 

Find my EarPods is not helping ,sad

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 6:05 AM, awhfy said:

Cough pearls work for us

I wish.  Those Tessalon pearl have never helped me.  I'm not sure what the deal is with me - honestly hydrocodone is the only thing that has ever worked.  I'm just afraid this this is morphing into maybe pneumonia as the cough is mucus-y and wheezy and my lung hurt.  

Lois -good to see your MD has an idea of what is causing the stones.  I really hope that there some goodies on that food list!!  It's hard to change what you've eaten all your life - trust me.

Melody - yay for the post-op review!!!  My one rec is to always have your sling with you on your trip!  There were times when my shoulder would get tired and start hurting with my arm hanging down - put on the sling to take the pressure off.  One of the reasons I bought my lightweight "skulls and roses" sling - if I was going to wear it I wanted it to be different from the black one we all wear.  

Toblerone - losing AirPods is frustrating!!  I wish I had another solution than FMA since that isn't working.  Were the Pods in the case?  I find a good number of Pod-less cases at my Lodge, rarely the Pods.  Wishing successful hunting!

OOTD:  It snowed overnight and stayed a little chilly today (upper 30s/low40s).  Wearing my joggers and a sweatshirt.  Tomorrow it's supposed to get up in the upper60s/low70s tomorrow.  Welcome to Spring in Utah! 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 2:49 PM, slidergirl said:

Melody - I meant to ask you:  have you found a good "one shoulder" bag to use yet?  Nice ones available from the usual suspects - Cotopaxi, Sherpani, etc.   One thing to check for:  which shoulder is slings on!  Some have a changeable strap and some are hard-wired to one side.  

The freakin' cough left from the flu is really upsetting me!!  It's supposed to go away any day now...

Food front:  ATTENTION TJ SHOPPERS:  I found some new goodies there last week.  Sous Vide Turkey breast and Sous Vide Chicken Thighs.  I got the turkey.  Really good and easy for a couple of meal proteins.  Tender & juicy and a nice seasoning.  All you do is microwave it.   Spicy Mango Lemonade.  It's back.  Good as-is, blended with ice, or mixed with rum or vodka.   Banana Pudding Ice Cream.  For you Southern women 😸  It did taste like banana pudding, with little pieces of vanilla wafer cookies.  Just a nice little dessert.

OOTD:  sweats and a Tshirt.  Going to the market later and I'll put on jeans and a Tshirt.  

Hi, I just wanted to see if I could offer a suggestion for your horrible cough. Pease try Olbas Lozenges. You may be able to buy them locally, or you can buy them online. They are awesome and sugar free! My friend suggested them to me. They Really helped with a HORRIBLE Covid19 cough that would not go away. They work great when nothing else does!! Goodbye cough. I hope they work for you. Have a nice day. 😃 Terri

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nonstopcruz1 said:

Hi, I just wanted to see if I could offer a suggestion for your horrible cough. Pease try Olbas Lozenges. You may be able to buy them locally, or you can buy them online. They are awesome and sugar free! My friend suggested them to me. They Really helped with a HORRIBLE Covid19 cough that would not go away. They work great when nothing else does!! Goodbye cough. I hope they work for you. Have a nice day. 😃 Terri

Thanks Terri for the suggestion.  It took me 2 years to get rid of my Covid cough, trying different things, different suggestions from different doctors, getting thrush from some of it.  I know what I DON'T want to try this time.  When I used to get bronchitis every winter, my MDs/NPs would try all sorts of things to get rid of the never-ending cough.  I keep looking for something new.  I'm getting tired of having to wear leakage pads now.  

Melody - cool hardware!!  I love looking at x-rays.  It looks like it sits lower than I thought it would in the shoulder.  Question - you're the one who had issues with the metal in your mouth, right?  What is the socket made from?    The hydrocodone is the only oxy I've ever used.  I'm very diligent about the dosage.  Our skeleton team doctor gave some to me in Germany back in 2003 (flu that converted to bronchitis) and it's been my go-to since.  

OOTD:  joggers and Tshirt.  low 50s and sunny today.  BUT, Monday and Tuesday have highs in the 30s and snow in the forecast.  Those 30-40 degree temp changes in one day are so hard to dress for.  Welcome to May in Utah!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Thanks Terri for the suggestion.  It took me 2 years to get rid of my Covid cough, trying different things, different suggestions from different doctors, getting thrush from some of it.  I know what I DON'T want to try this time.  When I used to get bronchitis every winter, my MDs/NPs would try all sorts of things to get rid of the never-ending cough.  I keep looking for something new.  I'm getting tired of having to wear leakage pads now.  

Melody - cool hardware!!  I love looking at x-rays.  It looks like it sits lower than I thought it would in the shoulder.  Question - you're the one who had issues with the metal in your mouth, right?  What is the socket made from?    The hydrocodone is the only oxy I've ever used.  I'm very diligent about the dosage.  Our skeleton team doctor gave some to me in Germany back in 2003 (flu that converted to bronchitis) and it's been my go-to since.  

OOTD:  joggers and Tshirt.  low 50s and sunny today.  BUT, Monday and Tuesday have highs in the 30s and snow in the forecast.  Those 30-40 degree temp changes in one day are so hard to dress for.  Welcome to May in Utah!!

Wow! 2 years with a Covid cough horrible!! I am happy to try to help you out. We keep a supply in the house at all times of these, and I also started packing them on all my cruises. They are the best! Have a nice weekend. Terri 

29 minutes ago, nonstopcruz1 said:

Wow! 2 years with a Covid cough horrible!! I am happy to try to help you out. We keep a supply in the house at all times of these, and I also started packing them on all my cruises. They are the best! Have a nice weekend. Terri 

I've always had cough issues, ever since I was a kid.  I'm always wary of my coughs. 

I ran over to Urgent Care just now to chat with one of the PAs.  My lungs are clear - that was a concern of mine.  So, we got into how to attack the cough.  We're trying a 4-pronged approach.  First, a big dose of a steroid.  Then, the strongest dosage of those Tessalon pearls available (apparently the lower dose is the standard for all, but there is a bigger one available).  Then, a swig of codeine cough syrup (NOT hyrdocodone, though).  And, take a couple of puffs of my Abuterol inhaler.   And, I'll take my antihistimine to keep any possible allergies - things are starting to bloom and the winter mold is around - at bay and not add to the mix.  I hope this works!!

OOTD edited:  my green cherry blossom print pants from Free People and a Woolx Tshirt.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I’m allergic to nickel. This is pure titanium. It’s also a reverse shoulder replacement. Interesting fact. My ortho surgeon started out as a mechanical engineer then went back to medical school & became an ortho surgeon. He takes care of the Olympic Training Center athletes 

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 2

I forgot to ask about Cynthia.......she is on her cruise now, right? Seems like she has been gone for awhile......anyone know what the schedule was? (Just curious)

34 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, looks like the help desk finally helped me😃got my original screen name back..........that whole thing was weird.

Yay!  You’d had that a long time!!!

2 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Yay!  You’d had that a long time!!!

LOL.....January 2003 is when I started on here! This is the only site I use.........I don't do social media........no FB, no Tweeting, No Instagram, no Tick Tock.......if I want to chat, it is about cruising so I come here😃

• Like 1