for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, PurpleHays said:

I have heard that rotator cuff surgery feels like a chainsaw to the shoulder, it's good to hear that replacement isn't as bad.

Keep healing well!

Chainsaw is an apt analogy this has been significantly less painful, just the irritating brace 24/7

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Chainsaw is an apt analogy this has been significantly less painful, just the irritating brace 24/7

Plus, you said it was your dominant side too? Are you able to use your fingers/hand for minor tasks yet?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

Plus, you said it was your dominant side too? Are you able to use your fingers/hand for minor tasks yet?

Probably not supposed to but I can barely hold a fork in my left hand. So yes I’m using hand

It’s nice to see you are all healing well and I hope this continues!

We are leaving early Friday morning to make the long drive up I95 to VA for two of Eli’s soccer games, then heading down to Charlotte on Tuesday for Gavin’s soccer game and Camie’s gymnastic meet.  She scored first place in balance beam at the SC state meet in her age group so this is the regional meet which means she will be competing against 89 girls from other states.  Can’t miss this!

Christy, maybe you’ll see me waving as we drive down to Charlotte area.  I always wave at you and also Lois in Jacksonville when we do this trip!😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Sherri - have a good trip with the kiddos!

Christy - I loved just wandering around Bordeaux.  I don't speak a lick of French, but I managed OK.  Wandering around I've always found a good meal!

Melody - good to hear you're getting by now.  Hair washing is a PIA.  I just ended up doing hat hair and then going to the local quick cuts place and saying "please just wash my hair" and letting it dry.  Maybe your stylist could do a similar deal for you.   I'm happy to hear that the replacement wasn't as "bad" as the rotator cuff surgery.  I understand.  

OK.  Las Vegas.  A totally lazy couple of days.  Vegas is pretty "dive-y" now, more than I remember it to be.  With all the new high-end hotels around I expected it nicer.  And, the clothes people were wearing - oh my.   I mean, I dress casual but I keep my butt cheeks and midriff covered!!!  Some of the logo'd Tshirts were not meant to be wearing in public...  I guess Park City is a sheltered town 😸  I didn't even stop and look at a craps table, just no interest.  OK with me this time.  I really liked my balcony so I made like I was on a cruise ship and just hung out there.  There was a nice comfy sofa to nap on in the shade.  The temperature was good (low 90s) and I just totally relaxed.   

I ended up spending my evenings at the bar at Jaleo, the José Andres tapas restaurant (it was in the hotel, so no problem getting home!).  One of the bartenders, Kathy, and I became friendly and chatted all the evenings.  Found a new favorite drink - sangría de cava:  cava, vermouth, gin, and a muddle of fruits.  Dang!  It was surprisingly sweet but not overly so.  Two of those over 2 hours and I was done!   I did have a big bottle of water, too (always drink water when I drink).  I had different tapas each night, mostly veggie-based except for one dish of grilled octopus.  If you are ever in a town that has a Jaleo, go!  

Now, my big dinner at "é":  Oh my.  It was just fantastic.  There were only 7 of us in the private dining room.  The Jaleo Executive chef and 5 cooks catered to us making the bites in front of us.  The sommelier had several different wines, vermouth, dessert wine for us to pair.   It was a meal of 22 different tapas.  A little molecular gastronomy.  A little playfulness.  So  freakin' good.  And, at the end I had my first Gin & Tonic ever.  It was darn good.   I took some photos of the food, but I'm not happy with them, the lights just wasn't right.  My favorite was the "Wonder Bread".  It looked like a slider-side sandwich.  But, it was meringue cut square and the edges burned to look like crust.  The filling was a mousse of fois gras.  It was fun to take that first bite!  I could have eaten those sandwiches all night long.  There were mussels with tiny olive oil/basil "caviar" pearls the melted in the mouth.  A big marble-size globe of sangria de cava that you just put in your mouth and bit it and let that sangria out.   "Stones" of cheese interspersed between actual stones.  A "twig" made out of olive and black rice standing in a bowl of almonds with one of the "almonds" being a luscious taste of food.  Lovely dessert bits at the end.   A wonderful 2.5 hours of food and good fun between all of us.   I wobbled back to my room and went to bed.  Got my flight back home the next day.   It was all in all a little relaxation and another "notch" on my food bucket list.

Some photos - I think I cleaned up well for the bar Monday night and then the Tuesday dinner... 

IMG_2475.thumb.jpeg.d8d26b76f8a78f486f8d398b7f5bdd04.jpegThe rice twig and "almond"

IMG_2477.jpeg

IMG_2478.jpeg

IMG_2482.jpeg

IMG_2488.jpeg

IMG_2492.jpeg

IMG_2495.jpeg

IMG_2501.jpeg

IMG_2503.jpeg

IMG_2506.jpeg

IMG_2508.jpeg

IMG_2517.jpeg

IMG_2519.jpeg

IMG_2520.jpeg

IMG_2522.jpeg

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 2

oops.  I forgot the photos of me on Monday night and then on Tuesday night.  Rare photos of me.

And, the "golden ticket" we each received to use to get into the dining room.  Kinda cool.   The glass of cava was a birthday gift from my favorite bartender -she had the sommelier bring it to me.  It was a nice surprise.  

The necklace was grey pearls and Murano cane glass that I made years ago.  The skirt is from River & Sky, the same place I got the blue tie dye dress for my grand niece's wedding 2 years ago.  Yes, I did wear my black booties & white lace socks!  The Monday shirt I picked up from the Sundance catalog - I needed a new white shirt that wasn't too big on me now.

IMG_2471.jpeg

IMG_2472.jpeg

IMG_2473.jpeg

IMG_2474.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi Kat, sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for the photos.....some of them look pretty interesting......but I don't get the sandwich.....I haven't eaten white bread in years and years.......it looks like like a plain old sammie.......

6 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for the photos.....some of them look pretty interesting......but I don't get the sandwich.....I haven't eaten white bread in years and years.......it looks like like a plain old sammie.......

That was the fun of the sammy.  It looked like a little Peanut Butter sammy from childhood.  The "bread" was meringue cut and burned to look like bread and the "PB" was fois gras.  Fun to look at, really good to eat!

• Like 1

Kat. You look great!  I love the tapas idea!  We’ll be inVegas a day on each side of Hawaii…

no luck with hairdresser. She just had the same surgery I did. One month before mine.  I dearly need a haircut!!

Kat, Your trips sound like you had fun. Great pictures.

Melody, Is there anyone else in the salon you would go to for a cut?  Or just to have your hair washed? When I broke my wrist, I had a blow out every week. No way could I wash my hair.

13 hours ago, WELDON said:

Kat, Your trips sound like you had fun. Great pictures.

Melody, Is there anyone else in the salon you would go to for a cut?  Or just to have your hair washed? When I broke my wrist, I had a blow out every week. No way could I wash my hair.

She’s a one person shop, I’ve been going to her for over 25 years

Hi girls, I decided to check out the Chico's that is very close to where I live. I haven't been in there in a long time. I found 2 pair of pants and 2 tops😀 I am going to try and post photos........

This is a knit top with all sorts of purples in the print. It is prettier in person.

Touch of Cool™ Abstract Banded Hem Top

• Like 1

I got these black pants and will be using them forever LOL.....they are what is considered their :soft pants.......they are much nicer than the original travelers (in my opinion).......they fit me pWide Leg Soft Pantsperfectly in the waist  and they are petitie.....perfect length too.!

• Like 1

and the last pair of pants are slim leg girl friend  ankle jeans. The color on the tag says "pink clay". The picture above goes really well with the jeans.....oh, that shirt is prettier in person too.

They look peachy color to me......anyway, this is them

Girlfriend Fray Hem Ankle Jeans

• Like 3

I have been thinking about what to bring for this upcoming cruise. It is the first 7 night sailing I have taken in a long, long, long time........I can use those black sacks almost every night LOL and they have pockets too!!!!😀

Well, at least 3 or 4 out of the 7. These new jeans and top too....I don't think I will need any more than 3 or 4 at the most, pants for evenings. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I have been thinking about what to bring for this upcoming cruise. It is the first 7 night sailing I have taken in a long, long, long time........I can use those black sacks almost every night LOL

Well, at least 3 or 4 out of the 7. These new jeans and top too....I don't think I will need any more than 3 or 4 at the most, pants for evenings. 

Nice new clothes!  You're all set for the cruise.  Alternate between the 2 pairs of pants and the shirts, add in a little sweater!  

I was trying on some of my summer tops and shorts pre-Vegas.  It's crazy how things are just big on me now.  I used to be able to wear the same things year after year because my body size didn't change that much.  Now, even tops that I got last year look too big.  Good and bad.  I think the Women's Shelter here in town will be getting a donation.  

Melody - I had that problem with my hair stylist a few years ago when she had a wrist issue.  I asked her for a recommendation of someone she thought I'd trust.  See what your stylist thinks.  

OOTD:  It's a little cool (mid 40s) and rainy today.  Just going to be lazy today so just wearing a pair of leggings and a Tshirt.   Oh, the turtleneck in the photo from Vegas -it's from Woolx.  Light, and comfy.  Even comfortable in the Vegas heat.  Just thought I'd toss that out if anyone is looking for a nice Tneck for year-round, casual and dressy piece.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I decided to check out the Chico's that is very close to where I live. I haven't been in there in a long time. I found 2 pair of pants and 2 tops😀 I am going to try and post photos........

This is a knit top with all sorts of purples in the print. It is prettier in person.

Touch of Cool™ Abstract Banded Hem Top

Lovely colors

39 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I got these black pants and will be using them forever LOL.....they are what is considered their :soft pants.......they are much nicer than the original travelers (in my opinion).......they fit me pWide Leg Soft Pantsperfectly in the waist  and they are petitie.....perfect length too.!

I much prefer these to the other travelers also

6 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Nice new clothes!  You're all set for the cruise.  Alternate between the 2 pairs of pants and the shirts, add in a little sweater!  

I was trying on some of my summer tops and shorts pre-Vegas.  It's crazy how things are just big on me now.  I used to be able to wear the same things year after year because my body size didn't change that much.  Now, even tops that I got last year look too big.  Good and bad.  I think the Women's Shelter here in town will be getting a donation.  

Melody - I had that problem with my hair stylist a few years ago when she had a wrist issue.  I asked her for a recommendation of someone she thought I'd trust.  See what your stylist thinks.  

OOTD:  It's a little cool (mid 40s) and rainy today.  Just going to be lazy today so just wearing a pair of leggings and a Tshirt.   Oh, the turtleneck in the photo from Vegas -it's from Woolx.  Light, and comfy.  Even comfortable in the Vegas heat.  Just thought I'd toss that out if anyone is looking for a nice Tneck for year-round, casual and dressy piece.  

Kat, I did that when she first broke the shoulder, Les’s hair looked great. Mine looked great in back but my sides weren’t even & it’s driven me crazy!!!  I’ll wait for her

• Like 1

Hi Kat, I will most likely pack another pair of pants too. I have a grey pair that are a Ponte that are easy to pack too. 

I have multiple tops and 2 of them will go with both the grey and black pants.

These are for the evenings. 

Daytime.......I hope it is warm enough for a bathing suit and cover up. Not sure what the weather is for late May/early June.

I have not booked any excursions and have been to Bermuda at least 3 times.

One day I will take the ferry over to Hamilton, one day I will just walk around the Navy Yard and the rest of the time I will just chill out on the ship.

Melody, the internet doesn't do the colors of the tops any justice. They are much prettier in person. And those slacks? First time I ever bought them and I really LOVE them!!! I wasn't sure I would be happy with the wide leg but they are so nice!

• Like 2