P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Hi Sarah just reading your post about the guy wanting to charge to get rid of the

bumble Bee's .  If they are bumble Bee's they do not swarm and what you are seeing

is the males hoping to mate with the queen .The good news is that the male cannot 

sting you, so are of no danger to you . We get them every odd year or so and once the

queen has mated all seemed to go quiet and they move on . Personally they have 

never hurt us and we love to see them in the garden . If they are attacking you then I 

would question if they are Bumblebee's at all ? :classic_unsure:

https://www.bumblebeeconservation.org/bee-faqs/swarming-bumblebees/

Well, now we know half the mysteries of The Birds & The Bees 😀

That’s interesting though.  Let’s hope they get their birds & bees stuff done swiftly and peace can be restored

• Like 2

Good day everyone, just catching up on here with you all and I’ve just read Sharon’s post about the thread not moving yet 🙏 very happy with that . Seems a few of us have been having problems with bees and neighbours, mine is my grandchildren from last Sunday my granddaughter (8) fell balancing on poles up at the beach front , with suspected broken pelvis and wrist, waited over 2 hrs for ambulance which never turned up anyway sea rescue came to help in the end and made assessment to get her in the car to hospital but good news was she was ok in the end but very nasty bruises and lessons learned,  so this week now it’s my grandson who’s in hospital now , he 14 has cerebral palsy and fell at school and smashed his face in with a possible broken noise 😤 , and then there’s my father in law , with his plastered arm hurting him at the top and bottom of wrist decided he would cut some off with scissors 😡 which left it all jagged and sharp which cut him so I had to take him to hospital for a complete new cast  , so they say it comes in 3’s , hopefully things will look up for next week and you get your fence sorted out for your party next week sue .

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good day everyone, just catching up on here with you all and I’ve just read Sharon’s post about the thread not moving yet 🙏 very happy with that . Seems a few of us have been having problems with bees and neighbours, mine is my grandchildren from last Sunday my granddaughter (8) fell balancing on poles up at the beach front , with suspected broken pelvis and wrist, waited over 2 hrs for ambulance which never turned up anyway sea rescue came to help in the end and made assessment to get her in the car to hospital but good news was she was ok in the end but very nasty bruises and lessons learned,  so this week now it’s my grandson who’s in hospital now , he 14 has cerebral palsy and fell at school and smashed his face in with a possible broken noise 😤 , and then there’s my father in law , with his plastered arm hurting him at the top and bottom of wrist decided he would cut some off with scissors 😡 which left it all jagged and sharp which cut him so I had to take him to hospital for a complete new cast  , so they say it comes in 3’s , hopefully things will look up for next week and you get your fence sorted out for your party next week sue .

Flipping heck ! Your family spend more time in the Hozzie than the medical staff .:classic_ohmy:

I bet they could qualify for one those "Blue light "discount cards seeing they almost 

live there :classic_unsure: Hope they all make a quick recovery :classic_smile:

• Like 8

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Flipping heck ! Your family spend more time in the Hozzie than the medical staff .:classic_ohmy:

I bet they could qualify for one those "Blue light "discount cards seeing they almost 

live there :classic_unsure: Hope they all make a quick recovery :classic_smile:

Thank you Kalos and yes it seems to be a spate at the moment who’s next , I think the grandchildren are still better behaved than the in-laws 😂 I’m always at hospital with them both 🤯

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

I'm still her, will chip in while I still can if I have something useful to say.

I know for a fact that many beekeepers with collect Bees for free,

Our local one did it for my neighbour, he had been dabbling with keeping Bees himself and panicked when they swarmed.

He then gave it up much to our relief.

I bet it gave him a buzz though.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Sorry to hear about all your family's accidents. I hope they all make a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to hear about all your family's accidents. I hope they all make a speedy recovery.

Thank you with seven grandchildren there’s always one doing something, and just had results from hospital he did brake his nose poor thing .

8 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you with seven grandchildren there’s always one doing something, and just had results from hospital he did brake his nose poor thing .

Oh bless him Sandra.  Poor little chap.  I bet he's in pain so lots of treats and fuss for the next little while.  I wish you all well and better soon.  Jane.x

• Like 2

Good afternoon all. Hope everyone is recovering from their illnesses and injuries.

I was going to post earlier but have been reorganising my life as my main job wants me back off furlough. So need to sort out my temp job (hate letting people down at short notice), rearranging plans in the pipeline (only yesterday we were told to plan to the date on our letter confirming furlough, which was 30th Sept!).

Not too happy really as still on enforced part time and reduced pay until July, that's when I wanted to go back. But beggars can't be choosers.

Only highlight is that we are sailing on Marella Explorer 2 at a colleagues concession rate (they work for TUI) in July. Will be nice to see what the old Celebrity Century ship is like now.

Right better go rearrange something else as this coming weekend will be my last on the Covid Mobile Testing Unit.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Good afternoon all. Hope everyone is recovering from their illnesses and injuries.

I was going to post earlier but have been reorganising my life as my main job wants me back off furlough. So need to sort out my temp job (hate letting people down at short notice), rearranging plans in the pipeline (only yesterday we were told to plan to the date on our letter confirming furlough, which was 30th Sept!).

Not too happy really as still on enforced part time and reduced pay until July, that's when I wanted to go back. But beggars can't be choosers.

Only highlight is that we are sailing on Marella Explorer 2 at a colleagues concession rate (they work for TUI) in July. Will be nice to see what the old Celebrity Century ship is like now.

Right better go rearrange something else as this coming weekend will be my last on the Covid Mobile Testing Unit.

You can look back and know you have given a good service to the testing unit Pete.

I hope your work picks up and you enjoy your time on the Marrella Explorer .

We enjoyed our departure from North Shields ,we stayed at the Premier  Inn less than 

3 minute walk  down to see the ships . You have earned it enjoy your cruise .:classic_smile:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Sending you and your family better luck wishes for you Sandra.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

I bet it gave him a buzz though.

They did, he was in a real panic, he was the sort that tried many things but rarely made made a good job and then gave up.

He has passed on but his Son still lives there and he is even worse, the Garden is like a jungle, he says it's a wildlife garden, I say he is bone idle.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, lincslady said:

Sorry to read your predicament, Sue.  It is horrid when you have  problems with neighbours, and when the problem itself is always on your mind as it is right in front of you.  Hope you do not have to fall out with them, and I was also going to suggest that if necessary you should put something up on your own side to hide it, even if it means having to pay out good money for it!

I am not good even at having dogs next door, if they bark.  Luckily no problems at present with  quiet pleasant people on either side.

Sorry I missed your post earlier, good neighbours are precious! I can’t afford to pull the whole hedge down and put up a fence - anyway it’s ‘his side’ - why should he get the benefit 😆 John went and got some bamboo to put up there this afternoon and my privet plants arrived early today 😊 They’re going to have to grow quite a bit but I suppose we’ll get there.

7 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Oh no  what a time you’re having! Sending hugs x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

16°C cloudy with light rain.

We had a run out to the lakes and went over Kirkstone Pass.

IMG_20210528_163148.jpg

IMG_20210528_161524.jpg

IMG_20210528_160624.jpg

Lovely photos we love the Lake District too, we had an afternoon out yesterday first time since lockdown coffee and cake in a cafe very nice but felt anxious at being so close to strangers hopefully things will get better as we come more out of  the restrictions 🙏

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

You really are having a tough time.  I hope that your granddaughter is getting over her nasty bruising and your grandson is out of hospital soon.  Hopefully you won't get anything else go wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

16°C cloudy with light rain.

We had a run out to the lakes and went over Kirkstone Pass.

IMG_20210528_163148.jpg

IMG_20210528_161524.jpg

IMG_20210528_160624.jpg

Lovely pictures as usual Graham, the Lake district is one of the most beautiful areas of the county.

• Thanks 1

Our nearest neighbours are half a mile away thank god. I’ve never had real ‘next door’ neighbours apart from 2-3 years as a student. I’d hate to feel that there was someone just the other side of the fence! I’m not a gardener so I might be described as bone idle too! But I’m not!

Edited by Ardennais

I have done a vaccination volunteer shift this afternoon, we had 300 booked in but 24 did not show up, we stayed open for an extra 15 minutes in the hope that some were just late but unfortunately not.  4 wasted vaccines because everyone in attendance had already had both doses.  It was AZ and the doctors stopped drawing up when it became clear that we were going to have no shows because some were already up to an hour late.  This is the first time that this has happened at this particular surgery.  Why do people make appointments for the vaccine and not keep them ?

• Like 6

10 hours ago, kalos said:

Hi Sarah just reading your post about the guy wanting to charge to get rid of the

bumble Bee's .  If they are bumble Bee's they do not swarm and what you are seeing

is the males hoping to mate with the queen .The good news is that the male cannot 

sting you, so are of no danger to you . We get them every odd year or so and once the

queen has mated all seemed to go quiet and they move on . Personally they have 

never hurt us and we love to see them in the garden . If they are attacking you then I 

would question if they are Bumblebee's at all ? :classic_unsure:

https://www.bumblebeeconservation.org/bee-faqs/swarming-bumblebees/

Thanks Kalos

There didn't seem to be so many today and they weren't as agitated so I think we are going to sprinkle some cinnamon around, apparently they don't like that, mind you nor do I, I'm allergic to it but only if I eat it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Poor little lad! I hope he's feeling better soon.

Sounds like you all could do with some bubble wrap 😊

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 1

We spent a lovely afternoon at Leeds Castle today. It was the busiest I’ve seen it in the last 14 months but plenty of space to spread out. Our little one had never seen so many children in a playground and just stared bless him. I think I’m going to have to try to join a mums (nans) and toddler group in September to get him used to other children 🥴

DCED784C-43F0-46A4-BD2B-F293A0607980.jpeg

325EDCC4-5A48-462F-8185-CC2B0B9AE5DF.jpeg

• Like 14