P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

16 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Thank you for this.  I’ve not looked at this site for a while - was on a Monster of the Seas cruise last week - and we had not noticed this new requirement.

It’s amazing the amount of useful (non-cruise) information I’ve picked up on this site over the last 18 months, including good places to eat (thanks Graham @grapau27 - and I don’t mean McDonalds despite being partial to the occasional breakfast McMuffin myself 😉) and recommended places to stay in Southampton etc etc.  Long may this thread continue 🙏

Graham is definitely this site's expert on where to eat though McDonald's has not been added to my list, some of his food  pics have been lovely. I have made a list of places to stay that people have recommended in and around Southampton for future reference when we start cruising again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Trouble is I remember a few years back the push to convert cars to LPG mainly because of cost of petrol and many cars did convert but seemed to very quickly stop happening and you dont see many cars around these days that have been converted to LPG.

A few years ago a workmate of mine had a family member who' owned a couple of fish shops

and he ran his car on the waste chip oil ,he ended up getting pulled ,so ending his early research into what is now called Bio fuel ,not fuel duty evasion as it was known back then .A man and his machine before his time :classic_unsure:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I hope that this thread doesn't get closed down, I rarely commented on any threads before this one.  I feel that I have got to know so many of you and would love to be fortunate enough to meet some of you on my future cruises.

I just had a call from the Novavax trial team changing my final appointment from 22nd to 26th October, it doesn't feel like only a year since the vaccine trials started.  I am astounded by how quickly the various vaccines were developed and deployed.  I am happy that I have been lucky enough to take a tiny part in the effort to get back to a more normal life.

Indeed Josy. Thanks from me too, I remember the first  lady getting her vaccine. I cried watching it, hopeful that this horrible time was coming to an end.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I must admit hubby and I test ourselves once a week but don’t really see the point of recording negative results.

I also do a test every week but have never reported the results because they have always been negative.  If I get covid symptoms I will get a PCR test even if the LTF is negative because the LTFs are not as reliable as PCRs.

• Like 1

I always report my LFT results.  Popped over to see Mum in her care home.  They are now letting visitors do an LFT test themselves, rather than the staff at the home doing it.  However, you must have reported your result and have to show the staff your text/email confirmation. 🙂

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kalos said:

A few years ago a workmate of mine had a family member who' owned a couple of fish shops

and he ran his car on the waste chip oil ,he ended up getting pulled ,so ending his early research into what is now called Bio fuel ,not fuel duty evasion as it was known back then .A man and his machine before his time :classic_unsure:

At least he didn't get nicked for salt and battery.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I must admit hubby and I test ourselves once a week but don’t really see the point of recording negative results.

Pauline and her best friend meet up once a month for a shopping/chat day and they both take a lateral flow test the day before they meet up.

Graham.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 7:53 PM, Josy1953 said:

I had a phone call from the hospital this afternoon, my biopsy results have shown that I do not have cancer so that is a relief. The bad news is that they want to carry out some more tests including a biopsy done under anesthetic so that they can take a larger sample that can be analysed in more depth to determine whether the lesions are likely to become malignant. It looks the next few weeks are not going to be much fun.

I have been away from the thread for a few days visiting my Mum but really pleased to hear that your biopsy  results mean you don't have cancer.I do hope that the further procedures go well

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ann141 said:

I have been away from the thread for a few days visiting my Mum but really pleased to hear that your biopsy  results mean you don't have cancer.I do hope that the further procedures go well

Thank you.  I hope you enjoyed your time with your mum, it is hard not seeing people as often as we would like.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 2

Well, just packed the summer patio table and chairs away for the winter,  and de-installed our hardly tacky at all water feature.

Winter has officially started at Chez Wowzz !

The burning issue is - one final bin spray clean  of the year or not ? 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Well, just packed the summer patio table and chairs away for the winter,  and de-installed our hardly tacky at all water feature.

Winter has officially started at Chez Wowzz !

The burning issue is - one final bin spray clean  of the year or not ? 

Our garden waste bin had it's last empty on Friday until next year, the collection before that 

was cancelled due to a shortage of the regular waste drivers who were in short supply that month.

I would say regarding your burning issue ?  Is there an alternative ? Like a trip to Cleethorpes

for a nice fish & chips and a stroll by the sea before the weather turns ?  Only you can decide :classic_unsure:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

Sky news had it this morning, that bin collections are being hit in many areas due to a shortage of driver's. hardly a good sign

Our council is already saying there will be a shortage of gritter drivers this year, hmmmm. never mind

No photo description available.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, kalos said:

Our garden waste bin had it's last empty on Friday until next year, the collection before that 

was cancelled due to a shortage of the regular waste drivers who were in short supply that month.

Our garden waste is usually collected until mid-November. I hope they don't cancel them early as we still have the trees in the front to prune and the pond to finish tidying.🤞

We had a blue bin(card & paper) and brown bin(glass & cans} collection missed last month because of driver shortages.

Avril

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Our garden waste is usually collected until mid-November. I hope they don't cancel them early as we still have the trees in the front to prune and the pond to finish tidying.🤞

We had a blue bin(card & paper) and brown bin(glass & cans} collection missed last month because of driver shortages.

Avril

Soon be Bon fire night Avril :classic_wink:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Our council is already saying there will be a shortage of gritter drivers this year, hmmmm. never mind

No photo description available.

Or in our case ---  today it's served with a lovely rich beef casserole spooned into the centre. Can't wait😋

Avril

• Like 2

Not a good day for me today. My eldest dog died yesterday. He has been a little unwell but the previous day the vet said he was so much better. Not to be he had a heart attack as he came to see when I was going to ever be getting to his dinner. I have kept myself busy with planting and can report I only have 5 feet to go whoopee.

11 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Not a good day for me today. My eldest dog died yesterday. He has been a little unwell but the previous day the vet said he was so much better. Not to be he had a heart attack as he came to see when I was going to ever be getting to his dinner. I have kept myself busy with planting and can report I only have 5 feet to go whoopee.

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear about your dog……they are so precious and such loyal friends. 
X

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Sorry to hear that,so sad.I prefer dogs to a lot of humans,they are faithful for life.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, ccpm said:

So sorry to hear about your dog, they are such a big part of any family 

Michelle

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ccpm said:

So very sorry to hear that ccpm.  Our dogs are our family and this is a very sad day for you.  Jane.x

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, ccpm said:

I'm so sorry to see you lost your dog yesterday. They aren't pets but family members, and deeply missed the same way.

Avril

• Like 3