P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I would say regarding your burning issue ?  Is there an alternative ? Like a trip to Cleethorpes

for a nice fish & chips and a stroll by the sea before the weather turns ?  Only you can decide :classic_unsure:

I've given this a lot of thought, and in the end chose a Med Cruise next week over Cleethorpes. I hope I made the right decision.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I've given this a lot of thought, and in the end chose a Med Cruise next week over Cleethorpes. I hope I made the right decision.

If they still do it,the Princess pub lunch fish and chips weren't too bad.

4 minutes ago, brian1 said:

If they still do it,the Princess pub lunch fish and chips weren't too bad.

Yes, not bad but obviously the fish was fresher in Cleethorpes.  Mind you, Princess mushy peas are a crime against humanity !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ccpm said:

Not a good day for me today. My eldest dog died yesterday. He has been a little unwell but the previous day the vet said he was so much better. Not to be he had a heart attack as he came to see when I was going to ever be getting to his dinner. I have kept myself busy with planting and can report I only have 5 feet to go whoopee.

I'm really sorry to hear your eldest dog has just died ccpm.

Sending you our condolences.

Graham.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes, not bad but obviously the fish was fresher in Cleethorpes.  Mind you, Princess mushy peas are a crime against humanity !

True.I think Princess are a cut above most lines,even Cunard, regarding food quality.I remember local salmon and king crab legs in MDR and buffet in Alaska.Delicious.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Oh, I don't know about that Wowzz. We all had a great time watching 'The Great Bin Cleanup' antics. I don't think watching you lounging about with drink in hand will have the same effect somehow.😏

Sure I can't persuade you to reconsider?😁

Avril

• Haha 1

ccpm - so sorry for your loss.  Take some comfort in the swiftness and that there was no suffering 

We led the Wednesday walk group today and had a lovely time in the still-warm weather.  Two hours, over pretty flat terrain, ending in the pub.  Refreshments and a further 40 minute walk home.  Now settled watching the IPL semi final … and the delight of The Repair Shop tonight.  What a gentle hour of TV that is.

• Like 2

Had a phone call my SIL this morning her daughter has tested positive for covid (she is a teacher). We were at their house on Saturday evening for a curry (hadn.t seen them since august bank holiday). Had a phone call from NHS this afternoon about being in contact with someone with covid. He had a foreign accent so I thought it was a scam had an argument with him asking him why he was phoning me up as you don't have to isolate anymore. Said he needed to ask me a lot of questions and I said no. I then rang neice who said yes she had to tell who who she had been in contact with, they also asked her where she had been she said M&S food hall sunday morning they then asked her if she knew anyone and if she had their phone number!!!🤣

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ccpm said:

Not a good day for me today. My eldest dog died yesterday. He has been a little unwell but the previous day the vet said he was so much better. Not to be he had a heart attack as he came to see when I was going to ever be getting to his dinner. I have kept myself busy with planting and can report I only have 5 feet to go whoopee.

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. Absolutely heartbreaking when they die.A life long friend, gone too soon. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ccpm said:

Really sorry to hear this.Thinking of you

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

It's Mrs W you would need to talk to, and I fear you might get a "pithy" (great word!) reply ! 

You mean she'd call me a citrus fruit??  Well I've been called worse.😁

Seriously wowzz, have a good holiday, and don't spare a thought for us back home freezing our bums off😉

Avril

• Like 2

1 hour ago, delgirl said:

Had a phone call my SIL this morning her daughter has tested positive for covid (she is a teacher). We were at their house on Saturday evening for a curry (hadn.t seen them since august bank holiday). Had a phone call from NHS this afternoon about being in contact with someone with covid. He had a foreign accent so I thought it was a scam had an argument with him asking him why he was phoning me up as you don't have to isolate anymore. Said he needed to ask me a lot of questions and I said no. I then rang neice who said yes she had to tell who who she had been in contact with, they also asked her where she had been she said M&S food hall sunday morning they then asked her if she knew anyone and if she had their phone number!!!🤣

My friend told me on monday that her son, 44 and his wife, 41 are both very poorly at home in bed(separate rooms) with covid, both double jabbed too. It's not finished with us yet.

Avril

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My friend told me on monday that her son, 44 and his wife, 41 are both very poorly at home in bed(separate rooms) with covid, both double jabbed too. It's not finished with us yet.

Avril

Oh no Avril.

I hope they both recover quickly.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Oh no Avril.

I hope they both recover quickly.

Graham.

So do I. It's been  awful week so far, and it's only Wednesday!!

My friend was back in hospital three weeks ago because of kidney stones again. She came home on Saturday and was told a nurse would be out every day to make sure she was alright as she still had a draining tube in. No-one came and with her son and DIL now having covid,  her sister came from Grimsby tonight to stay with her. She phoned the doctor as soon as she saw her, and she is now back in hospital. What a farce!!  She facetimed with me while waiting for the ambulance and she looked so poorly. I'm so worried about her.

Avril

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

So do I. It's been  awful week so far, and it's only Wednesday!!

My friend was back in hospital three weeks ago because of kidney stones again. She came home on Saturday and was told a nurse would be out every day to make sure she was alright as she still had a draining tube in. No-one came and with her son and DIL now having covid,  her sister came from Grimsby tonight to stay with her. She phoned the doctor as soon as she saw her, and she is now back in hospital. What a farce!!  She facetimed with me while waiting for the ambulance and she looked so poorly. I'm so worried about her.

Avril

It sounds like your friend will be better in hospital if the nurses have not been out to see her as planned.

I sincerely wish her all the best Avril and sending her our prayers 🙏 that her time in hospital will see her get better.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Neice is 48 and double jabbed. She lives with her widowed mum and she tested negative. Doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Seriously wowzz, have a good holiday, and don't spare a thought for us back home freezing our bums off😉

Avril

Thanks Avril. As instructed, I won't think about you at all, but I might worry about my dirty bins.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Hi sis,sorry to hear that.The 77 year old lady who had covid and pneumonia has now flew back to Birmingham.She was on oxygen in hospital for a while.Can be double jabbed but still be ill but make a recovery hopefully,bro.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Nah,she's just got a lisp sis.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ccpm said:

Sorry to hear this.

15 hours ago, delgirl said:

That last sentence- unbelievable!!

Hope your niece is ok though and you too.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Our garden waste is usually collected until mid-November. I hope they don't cancel them early as we still have the trees in the front to prune and the pond to finish tidying.🤞

We had a blue bin(card & paper) and brown bin(glass & cans} collection missed last month because of driver shortages.

Avril

Our green bin garden waste is collected all year round every 2 weeks same day as recycled paper, cardboard,, plastics, metal cans etc. No recyclables are collected the the alternate 2 weeks, food waste containers collected weekly. 

They will also take clothing, shoes, batteries, light bulbs in clear plastic bags, our non recyclable bin is often only a quarter full when picked up. As we are over 60 we get 1 free bulky collection each year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Snow Hill said:

Our green bin garden waste is collected all year round every 2 weeks same day as recycled paper, cardboard,, plastics, metal cans etc. No recyclables are collected the the alternate 2 weeks, food waste containers collected weekly. 

They will also take clothing, shoes, batteries, light bulbs in clear plastic bags, our non recyclable bin is often only a quarter full when picked up. As we are over 60 we get 1 free bulky collection each year. 

We’ve had the bin discussion on here before and I was surprised garden collections stop for some people.

Here, in Kent, we have them all year round too.

• Like 1