P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Crikey  - by the end of 2022 we will be agreeing on everything!

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/tv/gary-barlow-strictly-christmas-special-22573933

We weren't the only ones to notice wowzz!

For anyone who didn't see it here's a link:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gary+balow+strictly&oq=gary+balow+strictly&aqs=chrome..69i57.15264j0j4&client=ms-android-alcatel-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:db8ddb04,vid:fu24Iy5fwVQ,st:0

Just so weird?

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

A bit damp and foggy here, the snow that fell overnight has virtually washed away, hope everyone enjoys their bubble and squeak today, I opened the microwave this morning to put my porridge in and the dish with the leeks in was still there. It was my fault for not realising the leeks were missing even though I didn't make dinner yesterday, oh well.

May be an image of 1 person, nature, grass, fog and text that says 'Thought I saw Batman this morning... It was a horse wearing a blanket.'

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Morning all, we had a light snowfall overnight but it's turning to slush as it is now mainly rain. 

Graham I hope you're recovering from your Xmas eve op, please let us have a photo update once it starts to heal.

Not many posters as yet, but I trust no one over indulged too much yesterday.

With a fairly full sporting calendar today it will feel more like a Saturday than Sunday.

Stay safe everyone.

Thank you for your kind concern John.

It was bleeding a bit on Christmas Day but hopefully it has stopped now.

I am expecting to go back on Thursday to get the stitches out so I will post a photo then if it looks okay.

Graham.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2021 at 3:28 PM, jeanlyon said:

I have problems every time I come on here.  I have to log out, log back in, then it works, then it does it again.  I clear cache and cookies, but it just does it again.

Try posting here Jean - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/30-forum-assistance/

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear you are still in pain Jean.

I believe Sharon was due to go in hospital for open heart surgery so hopefully it was totally successful.

Happy Christmas Jean.

Graham.

Indeed. In fact I am much better than I thought I would be at this stage. The extreme sensitivity of the skin across my chest is a minor niggle in the big scheme of things. The valve appears to be working well and my high blood pressure that I have had for years, is now normal. Hope you feel better soon Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Must have missed that Sharon.  What was the surgery for.  I am still recovering from my hip fracture with total hip replacement.  10 months and still hurts!

A new aortic valve via open heart surgery. Not a pleasant experience but given the pressures on the NHS, I am exceedingly grateful.

• Like 11

Morning, happy Boxing Day all. We had a lovely day at our son’s yesterday.

Our grandson was so good all day. About 7pm he was clearly tired but fighting it as we were there so we left. The only sad thing was my Dad has got that horrible cold with no voice now so he didn’t come, but my mum did!

Completely agree re Gary Barlow - murdered one of my favourite Christmas songs! 

John’s at work today 😢 so I’m about to watch Call the Midwife. Was looking forward to watching Liverpool at lunchtime but their match was called off.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Indeed. In fact I am much better than I thought I would be at this stage. The pain is a minor niggle in the big scheme of things. The valve appears to be working well and my high blood pressure that I have had for years, is now normal. Hope you feel better soon Graham.

Thank you Sharon.

I am pleased to hear your operation seems to have been very successful and it is good your high blood pressure is now normal.

I hope you have a lovely Boxing Day and really enjoy your Christmas holiday.

Kindest regards.

Graham.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Wow, a link to strictly. Have you got a link to something like.....bin watch....paint dry, or something equally as riveting.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Entering day 3 of the foggy conditions, damp, still and cold out there this morning at 2C. 

Day not improved by news from down under of yet another England batting collapse, glad I didn’t get up early to watch it. 

May start reading one of my new books I had for Christmas, so will it Barack Obama, Dan Jones or Michel Barnier first up? 

But first a search for new knobs for bathroom door after the spring went in current ones this morning, getting them to match others will be the biggest challenge. 

Glad everyone had a good Xmas and very impressed with the speedy demolition of those chocolates Graham.

Here it is cold dank and wet. No one seems to feel a walk is in order least of all me as hips aching like crazy. After Xmas will ring the man and say to schedule it early as possible, I think these days you barely come round from the anaesthetic before they are packing your bag so doggies will have to go to the sausage hotel for 2-3 nights. If I remember right my last knee replacement in 2011 I made it to 2 nights so it might be hours now!!!!. If that is the case the taxi man can wait for me he can go explore the delights of Northampton which will not take him long at all (having it done at the BMI hospital there)

Think more NYPD Blue DVDs and steak and nice spuds will be on the cards too

Have a great day everyone

Emma

Morning everyone. We spent our day watching Carry On films and then about 3 episodes of Jonathan Creek ! Says something about us I suppose but it sounds more entertaining than some of the other stuff on there. We miss Dr Who .......

Thank you to those of you who have recommended Gary Barlow's Strictly appearance, I have just watched it. It is probably the funniest thing I've seen for a long time as it was so bad it was entertaining. And what was with the dad dancing that went with it (from him) - classic.

That performance must be a lesson on stick to what your good at and don't try and change the tempo, beat and style of a classic song ! 

(Still funny though - if anyone hasn't seen it the link is below) Go on, give yourself a good laugh .. might break your stitches though Graham so be careful ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Morning everyone. We spent our day watching Carry On films and then about 3 episodes of Jonathan Creek ! Says something about us I suppose but it sounds more entertaining than some of the other stuff on there. We miss Dr Who .......

Thank you to those of you who have recommended Gary Barlow's Strictly appearance, I have just watched it. It is probably the funniest thing I've seen for a long time as it was so bad it was entertaining. And what was with the dad dancing that went with it (from him) - classic.

That performance must be a lesson on stick to what your good at and don't try and change the tempo, beat and style of a classic song ! 

(Still funny though - if anyone hasn't seen it the link is below) Go on, give yourself a good laugh .. might break your stitches though Graham so be careful ...

Now, I don’t mind Gary Barlow, but this rendition was truly awful. What was he thinking of……

• Like 2

We got caught in such a heavy shower - of course it started at our furthest point from home 🙄 So, change of clothes all round and a towelling and hairdryer treatment for poor Hattie, whose coat is simply not waterproof.  She has raincoats but her wicked people believed the dry forecast and went out without.

I’m not a Strictly fan, or watcher, but I quite enjoyed the short programme yesterday - other than Mr Barlow.  That was an awful rendition of a nice Christmas song.  I’m glad it’s not just me.

We also watched the “lost” Morcombe & Wise show.  Oh dear.  Tastes have changed in 50 years.  I think I must be beguiled by all the good Christmas extravaganza - that non-festive edition was dire (imo)

• Like 1