P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, davecttr said:

They also had a dog that can smell out COVID so get all your doggies  and dashies retrained quickly. Apparently one dog can check hundreds of people, all you need is the dog and a good supply of biccies.

That's the answer then David -  one trained dog at the boarding terminal, and one dog per cruise ship. Forget testing!

Edited by howmuch!
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good morning hope everyone's good:classic_smile: a very wet and dull 6.c so another day just 

chilling out and taking things easy . I think I may watch Van Tam on the i-player this

morning . The dogs that can sniff out covid do not surprise me one bit as they can 

smell out just about anything ,drugs, money, cancers to name a few. They are very 

talented animals !  I have a mate who lives in London and he trained his dog to 

play the trumpet so they could go busking on the London underground.:classic_smile:

The dog went from Barking to Tooting in about 20 minuets :classic_unsure::classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

Have a good day and take care everyone :classic_love:

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Interestingly,  Mrs W received a recorded delivery PCR test today through the post. 

As she is a shielding individual, the test has been sent so that if she gets symptoms she can self administer the test, and then receive the newly approved anti Covid drug if she tests positive.

Most impressed ! 

I have received mine too and am impressed that the system set up seems very well organised.It also helps reassure me that if I do catch covid I will be supported from the start.

Thank you Josy and all the other volunteers who volunteer at the Vaccination centres.You are doing a wonderful job whilst putting yourselves at risk of catching covid as well as the abuse you may get.I am really grateful for all you do

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, howmuch! said:

That's the answer then David -  one trained dog at the boarding terminal, and one dog per cruise ship. Forget testing!

Could take it a step further and have a trained dog or two on board all the time.

Apparently the US Navy do that with drugs dogs on their aircraft carriers 😨

• Like 2

Good morning all and a great big virtual hug for you josy , your doing a fantastic job not only helping all of us out volunteering but putting yourself at risk of catching Covid from people turning up to get vaccinated not knowing that they could be carrying it in as well , and anyone who is abusing should be turned away , you are a shining star along with all our helpers.

• Like 6

Morning all, wet and misty here but mild, usual trip to Costa for brekkie this morning then a mooch around town, it was very quiet but that could be the miserable weather.

Postie has just delivered our test kits, all the chemists we have passed recently have signs on the window saying no test kits, our local chemist hasn't had them for weeks. 

• Like 4

Well yesterday we went up the volcano Honda, a double volcanic formation and total distance up and down 7Kms and 208mts , took 45 mins to reach the top then we  had a picnic with some bubbly but not too much because of keeping our footing on the way down was very important, it’s very steep at times and rocky which we both nearly landed on our backends 😂 couldn’t believe some people were wearing flip flops 😱 their feet must of been bleeding buy the time they got down . I’m suffering today though with my knees and ankles swollen and sore and we had good trainers on too but what a experience it was and we saw lanzarote in the distance.

81DC9EB1-D9E4-43BD-99E0-B62F0081512F.jpeg

41E8E240-7DBA-4F35-B7E5-ED52513D1CC8.jpeg

85E0FCFE-D29E-4DD8-90EE-2051F9F56A6C.jpeg

6F54E625-64BB-4C3C-A8A9-BC8CAF496009.jpeg

9A222A04-FC2A-45CB-9C07-E9780CCBF8F3.jpeg

8EC50F0C-BF7F-48D2-8E1A-73FACD75FE2B.jpeg

1CB496FA-B6A8-437C-895B-2B64890E4530.jpeg

5629B262-6DBA-4C07-80EF-8C3407771373.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Purdey16 said:

Well yesterday we went up the volcano Honda, a double volcanic formation and total distance up and down 7Kms and 208mts , took 45 mins to reach the top then we  had a picnic with some bubbly but not too much because of keeping our footing on the way down was very important, it’s very steep at times and rocky which we both nearly landed on our backends 😂 couldn’t believe some people were wearing flip flops 😱 their feet must of been bleeding buy the time they got down . I’m suffering today though with my knees and ankles swollen and sore and we had good trainers on too but what a experience it was and we saw lanzarote in the distance.

Great pics

Especially the champagne one

Once again be careful to maintain your social distancing from everybody nearby!

Lol

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Postie has just delivered our test kits, all the chemists we have passed recently have signs on the window saying no test kits, our local chemist hasn't had them for weeks. 

2 more sets of LF tests arrived for us this morning, we have had no issue getting them delivered. 

Just heard on Radio 2 that there aren't any PCR slots available to book at all in England? 

That should get the reported numbers down... 😊

Andy 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Love the photos.

Thank you for posting.

It is 8°C and raining heavily.

I have an appointment at 1pm at the hospital to get my stitches out🙏🤞

I hope everyone is well.

Good luck today Josy,you are a star.

Take care and stay safe everyone 😷

Graham.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Love the photos.

Thank you for posting.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham.

Hope all goes well at the hospital Graham. 

Andy 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

My son has 'lent' me his Amazon Prime sign on so that I can watch the Southampton v Tottenham match this afternoon, I'm not expecting much joy for the Saints though.

He has driven down this morning to Southampton (where he now lives) after spending the last 10 days with us up here in Cheshire, took him 3hr 20 mins as roads were quite clear. He is a season ticket holder so is actually going to the match.

I wonder how many people do this, my niece installed her Amazon Prime on our TV for when her children stay with us so we can now watch lots of stuff that we wouldn't usually do.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Love the photos.

Thank you for posting.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham.

Good luck with your hospital appointment, I hope the wound has healed well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My husband's friend just rang me, he is on the door at our covid hub and he said that he feels awful that no-one had come out to get him when I had the nasty person because he would have come inside and stopped the man.  He said that he has told everyone inside that if we have any more aggressive people we are to call one of the men in from outside, they usually make sure that there are no problems with the queues and the car parking  Hopefully we won't  get another one but at least we know that the men volunteering outside have our backs.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Notice spell checker had changed Calderon Hondo to Honda, not been to Fuerteventura, one of 2 Canary Islands I haven’t been to, El Hierro being the other, it’s on our to visit list though. View looks wonderful though. 

Went up Mt Teide on Tenerife some years back by cable car, too hot to walk, was 40C at base when I was there, but much cooler at top, at 3700m the views across all the islands were spectacular. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I wonder how many people do this, my niece installed her Amazon Prime on our TV for when her children stay with us so we can now watch lots of stuff that we wouldn't usually do.

Ours was set up through our Sky Q box and I watched the match but it kept what I call micro buffering where it stutters for a split second every few seconds. I'm told that it is better through most smart TVs but we don't have one, we watch through the Sky box for everything.

30 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Ours was set up through our Sky Q box and I watched the match but it kept what I call micro buffering where it stutters for a split second every few seconds. I'm told that it is better through most smart TVs but we don't have one, we watch through the Sky box for everything.

We have never had a problem with it but ours is a smart TV so that could be why.

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Hope all goes well at the hospital Graham. 

Andy 

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Good luck with your hospital appointment, I hope the wound has healed well. 

Thank you so much for your good wishes.

I am back home now.

The hospital sister took the stitches out and put some antibiotic gel on the wound.

She said it had healed well.

Graham 

IMG_20211229_135338.jpg

• Like 13

That’s a lot better looking than last week Graham!  Very reassuring.

My lesion seems to be playing hide and seek now I have a date fixed for its removal 🙄.  I’ll keep an eye but if it’s really disappeared a few days before the appointment I’ll ring and ask for guidance.  I’m perfectly happy to play wait and watch and certainly don’t want to waste hospital time.

It’s another horrible wet and windy day here.  Third day in three we’ve got wet.  Bah 💦 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

That’s a lot better looking than last week Graham!  Very reassuring.

My lesion seems to be playing hide and seek now I have a date fixed for its removal 🙄.  I’ll keep an eye but if it’s really disappeared a few days before the appointment I’ll ring and ask for guidance.  I’m perfectly happy to play wait and watch and certainly don’t want to waste hospital time.

It’s another horrible wet and windy day here.  Third day in three we’ve got wet.  Bah 💦 

Thank you Eddie.

If you have a BCC they are slow growing apparently but I noticed mine after my eye op in February and when they did the op the consultant said they had to cut a big chunk out.

Good luck but if you have an appointment if it was me I would not hesitate to get it done.

Graham.

Finally it is dry here and I have dragged the canines for a short walk. The town was so empty, the morning was once again very dull and grey but slowly it is brightening and with it my mood is lifting. So much so I think I will drive out to Sheringham and just have a look at the sea as I drive the coast road back.

No sign of anyone moving in so I have agreed with the wall building ensemble that they can get that wall up now if they can. Just the bottom of the garden to go then once the tenants leave in March.

Graham that wound looks a good one so should have an excellent result scar wise. 

Edited by ccpm