P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Afternoon all! I’ve gone a bit misty eyed reading the last few posts!

We had a lovely Christmas Day with our son and grandson but now John has the dreaded lurgy ( had 3 LFT tests all negative) and I had my sore throat come back since Christmas, all very odd!

We were  both off Tuesday so finally spent my Cafe Rouge voucher my sister sent for my birthday (which was November!) So I shall use a photo from that lunch to say ‘cheers! And let’s have a great New Year’ 🥂🥂We had a brilliant table .

AA7B5A08-F33D-442D-A41A-768BFD1B6AD2.jpeg

Sounds like you have similar lurgy to my parents right now

They've been convinced they had covid. 4 LFTs all negative but still wanted pcr yesterday to be sure which also just came back negative

My dad is sleeping on an armchair as cough is quite bad 

Get well soon!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Oh no, your posts have brought a tear to this tough old bird's eye!!!!🤣

Thanks everyone from the bottom of my heart   xxx

ps.   any resolutions... 

I have started to work on my resolutions in that this morning I have applied for a volunteer role at our local hospice.  I feel that I have kept last year's resolution to try to help out with the fight against covid and I will continue to do so but after volunteering for 2 or 3 days every week since January this year at the vaccine hub in 2022 I think that I should try to give a few hours each week to something other than covid.

Take care everyone

• Like 13

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Oh no, your posts have brought a tear to this tough old bird's eye!!!!🤣

Thanks everyone from the bottom of my heart   xxx

ps.   any resolutions... 

I had the same resolution every year (lose weight and it never happens) until last year when it was to enjoy as much of life as possible in the current circumstances. It has been brought home how painfully short life can be so we have to make the most of each and every day.

Thankfully me and mine have avoided covid to date but we know of others who have lost family members and not always the oldest ones.

Welcome to Heather, we have lots of family in Canada from Hamilton to Nova Scotia, they went out in the sixties. Beautiful country, my husband has an addiction to beaver tails!

Wishing everyone on here a happy and healthy New Year when it comes, in the meantime enjoy Hogmanay, slainte mhath!

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

I have started to work on my resolutions in that this morning I have applied for a volunteer role at our local hospice.  I feel that I have kept last year's resolution to try to help out with the fight against covid and I will continue to do so but after volunteering for 2 or 3 days every week since January this year at the vaccine hub in 2022 I think that I should try to give a few hours each week to something other than covid.

Take care everyone

Sounds great Josy. I’ve just spent ages catching up with about 10 pages on here. So sorry for the abuse you’ve had at the hub, the minority always spoil things. I’m glad my only dealings with the public now are on the phone - at least I can put the phone down and have a rant! I remember the horrible people always made me feel awful for ages afterwards.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I had the same resolution every year (lose weight and it never happens) until last year when it was to enjoy as much of life as possible in the current circumstances. It has been brought home how painfully short life can be so we have to make the most of each and every day.

Thankfully me and mine have avoided covid to date but we know of others who have lost family members and not always the oldest ones.

Welcome to Heather, we have lots of family in Canada from Hamilton to Nova Scotia, they went out in the sixties. Beautiful country, my husband has an addiction to beaver tails!

Wishing everyone on here a happy and healthy New Year when it comes, in the meantime enjoy Hogmanay, slainte mhath!

I don’t make resolutions anymore, just got too upset if I didn’t do them!! As you say family and friends are all we need, and good health of course .

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

They've been convinced they had covid. 4 LFTs all negative but still wanted pcr yesterday to be sure which also just came back negative

Get well soon!

Thank you, I’m over the worse ( I hope) My Dad didn’t go to our son’s Christmas Day as he was so rough, they offered to bring him a plate of food, but he mostly slept! My mum, God love her, went and left poor Dad alone! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

When I heard you were talking about New year's resolutions we decided to go out for lunch😋

IMG_20211231_114836.jpg

IMG_20211231_114948.jpg

IMG_20211231_114930.jpg

Graham - how could you?  Pauline looks much too elegant for Pizza. Joking apart it looks stellar.

Sadly no resolutions here I always mess up, other than in 2007 when I resolved to loose weight at 35 stone. The rest is history 14 almost 15 years on, managed 15 stone own loss in 2 years - started to gain enter weight loss surgery - my weight was 9st 12lbs this morning. Never had a successful resolution before, never had one since. Wish I had.

2 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Sadly no resolutions here I always mess up, other than in 2007 when I resolved to loose weight at 35 stone. The rest is history 14 almost 15 years on, managed 15 stone own loss in 2 years - started to gain enter weight loss surgery - my weight was 9st 12lbs this morning. Never had a successful resolution before, never had one since. Wish I had.

What a story of success that is though!

Well done!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Your weight loss is absolutely fantastic.

Your weight this morning is excellent.

Graham.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

What a story of success that is though!

Well done!

Thank you so much. I think I woke up and smelled the coffee. I was in my office looking out over the town and suddenly thought you never see super fat 60+ year olds do you? I was 53. That was October I tried and fell off the diet a zillion times but come 1.1.2007 yet another fresh start/resolution but who knows why I did it. I would add in a note of caution for anyone reading who may be in the same position you can do this via the NHS that has its own rules I would have qualified with bells on but I knew I wanted to do this and the diet was essential to prove to me I could control my eating but I had the money to get the job done if I slipped and I did. If I could have stuck to the diet I would not have had the surgery but having lost 15 stones I was not going to give that up I was going to ensure that I couldn't. I was only going one place and that was into a box 6 foot under if I put that weight back on and more beside as was my usual modus operandi.

Indulge me if I give anyone reading this in the same position a further note of caution. The weight loss is great but it brings oceans and oceans of loose skin and you look terrible, the folds can get infected and smell.  If you are ready for this great. The NHS usually will not remove it. 15 years ago it cost me £36,000 to get it done. Good for me I know but that is just a reality check I feel really needs to be given to be totally truthful.

Edited by ccpm
put in the wrong age

Think I’m going to avoid any new year resolutions. I achieved this year’s which was to finally move and I suppose if I was to make one then it would be to enjoy my new life here in Dorset

A big hello to Heather - welcome on board!

Thank you for a great year of posts, information about so many diverse subjects, laughs and debates, thank you to all who work and volunteer for the NHS and finally a thank you to Sharon for allowing this thread to continue….

Keep healthy and happy in 2022

Gill x

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Thank you so much. I think I woke up and smelled the coffee. I was in my office looking out over the town and suddenly thought you never see super fat 60+ year olds do you? I was 48. That was October I tried and fell off the diet a zillion times but come 1.1.2007 yet another fresh start/resolution but who knows why I did it. I would add in a note of caution for anyone reading who may be in the same position you can do this via the NHS that has its own rules I would have qualified with bells on but I knew I wanted to do this and the diet was essential to prove to me I could control my eating but I had the money to get the job done if I slipped and I did. If I could have stuck to the diet I would not have had the surgery but having lost 15 stones I was not going to give that up I was going to ensure that I couldn't. I was only going one place and that was into a box 6 foot under if I put that weight back on and more beside as was my usual modus operandi.

Indulge me if I give anyone reading this in the same position a further note of caution. The weight loss is great but it brings oceans and oceans of loose skin and you look terrible, the folds can get infected and smell.  If you are ready for this great. The NHS usually will not remove it. 15 years ago it cost me £36,000 to get it done. Good for me I know but that is just a reality check I feel really needs to be given to be totally truthful.

Again well done

There's quite a moving YouTube link about a guy who achieved similar to you recently 

Will try and post a link

I don’t do resolutions either - January 1st, deepest, darkest winter seems like such a tough time for self-improvement.  Maybe that’s an easy cop-out?

Another awful, miserable, warm, murky day here.  Moisture hanging in the air, fields all a-squelch.  I’d rather it was much cooler and much drier

My report, after one night under the weighted blanket, is favourable, though it’s very early days(nights?) yet, so I won’t give out any fulsome recommendations just yet.  Watch this space, or ask me if I forget to follow up

Enjoy however you’ll see the New Year in.  I might possibly watch Jools Holland but much more likely to be 💤 ing.

🎉  🥂 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Get well soon!

My husband has been sleeping downstairs in his armchair for a few nights as his cough has been quite bad in bed. He’s feeling rather tired but his appetite is ok. We’ll all stay in until Monday just to be on the safe side. But it’s a funny old virus as we’ve all been in fairly close contact but we haven’t caught Covid from him. 

• Like 5