P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Globe Travel, a local company, looks to have some interesting tours too, good hotels and local pck-ups. We've not tried them, but they have good reviews.

You never know Phil, we may cross paths one day on a coach and not a ship. 😉

Avril

The Cotswolds tour we'd been looking at was actually in the Globe brochure Phil and not Alfa.  I was researching the hotel when realised my mistake. 

Avril

• Like 2

I have had a DM or more re my boy dog and his shall we say stud activities. He went to the breeder i bought him from. Honestly I would prefer not to even think about it. However condensed down he "covered" 2 bitches both of which are now shown on ultrasound to be pregnant. One with 6 babies and one with 4. I could have my choice of pups but no way  not happening. I did this as the breeder is where I had all my dogs from and she has been brilliant to me and them. My boy is now home and he has had his moment in heaven. We are going to settle back in to normal doggie life. Harry might feel unhappy but thats the breaks he will need to get used to it.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

The Cotswolds tour we'd been looking at was actually in the Globe brochure Phil and not Alfa.  I was researching the hotel when realised my mistake. 

Avril

Shearings have some nice breaks, we recently got the new brochure and like quite a few both home and abroad. Might be worth an eyeball. https://www.shearings.com/brochures/Shearings-180-uk-22/shearings-Jan22.html

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Shearings have some nice breaks, we recently got the new brochure and like quite a few both home and abroad. Might be worth an eyeball. https://www.shearings.com/brochures/Shearings-180-uk-22/shearings-Jan22.html

I thought they'd gone out of business. I saw some interesting tours, some with Warner hotels. Thanks Phil, I'll use your link now and have a look.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I thought they'd gone out of business. I saw some interesting tours, some with Warner hotels. Thanks Phil, I'll use your link now and have a look.

Avril

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

The Brand name and website including customer database were purchased by Leger Holidays who are operating Shearings now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 11°C with light rain this morning.

Nice to hear @kalosand @Adawn47Avril talking about holidays.

Graham.

It's nice to be happily thinking and planning holidays for a change Graham. Even just a short British break to see how we fare, and all thanks to kalos.

11c here too but with sunshine and gusty winds. I shall be stapling the washing out soon😉

Avril

• Like 2

@Adawn47 congrat's to you and Frank on your anniversary:classic_love:

Yesterday I was watching a live feed from Heathrow in the windy weather, watching 

a few planes land .The one I've posted maybe Avril's Frank should cover his eyes for

this one :classic_ohmy: Even the guy filming was a tad worried ,lets hope these winds sod off as 

they are no good to man nor beast .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kalos said:

@Adawn47 congrat's to you and Frank on your anniversary:classic_love:

Yesterday I was watching a live feed from Heathrow in the windy weather, watching 

a few planes land .The one I've posted maybe Avril's Frank should cover his eyes for

this one :classic_ohmy: Even the guy filming was a tad worried ,lets hope these winds sod off as 

they are no good to man nor beast .

No damage done.  The aircraft flew to Geneva and back later.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, wowzz said:

congrat's to you and Frank on your anniversary:classic_love:

Thanks kalos. We've had that many now it's starting to become boring😉😁

I've looked to see what the 60th is, it's diamond, and can you believe there's even one for 80th?!! It's oak, appropriate don't you think?🙄

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Genuinely interested... how did you find that out?

I belong to pprune ( professional pilot rumour network) .

The video was posted there as well, with subsequent comments and input from various pilots.

The consensus seems to be that a tail strike was averted by the smallest margin !

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The video was posted there as well, with subsequent comments and input from various pilots.

The consensus seems to be that a tail strike was averted by the smallest margin !

Thanks, very interesting 👍 😊 

Just viewed website, excellent!

Edited by ohnonotmeagain
ETA

36 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I haven't been on pprune for a while. I was a bit put out that those professional folk referred to us as SLF. Self Loading Freight.🤔

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I haven't been on pprune for a while. I was a bit put out that those professional folk referred to us as SLF. Self Loading Freight.🤔

To be fair, the term SLF has been around for years, and I believe originated in the military. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Replying to Graham and I've just noticed, it's been 2 years today that I became a member of the forum. Two anniversaries in 4 days, 57th wedding anniversary last Friday as well.

White Rabbits everyone🐇🐇🐇😁

Avril

Happy belated 57th wedding anniversary last Friday Avril and congratulations for 2 years of nice posting.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211124_174046.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Are you a pilot/ex pilot wowzz?

Just being nosey 🙂

10 minutes ago, Waju said:

Are you a pilot/ex pilot wowzz?

Just being nosey 🙂

No, nothing of the sort. 

However,  I had a job that involved quite a lot of air travel,  and I've always been interested in all things to do with aviation.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'vealways been interested in all things to do with aviation.

On 1/29/2022 at 12:53 PM, wowzz said:

Might be a bit late arriving with the strength of the headwind,  but on the way back you"ll be virtually supersonic !

The 777 will be rattling more than normal !

In the light of your comments, I thought I’d confirm that you were spot on with your assessment of our flight from TPA-LGW.  It was a very bouncy journey and we arrived early 😁

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 2