P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

20 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Blue sky this morning, I’m up early watch winter Olympic Games , and going to the O2 shop soon , haven’t had internet on my phone for 3 days since they added a bolt on for travelling, don’t need this now for my phone to be messed up when due to go away , I also hope Yorkshirephil, flight and travel is good 

I hope you get your phone sorted and have a lovely time away.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Blue sky this morning, I’m up early watch winter Olympic Games , and going to the O2 shop soon , haven’t had internet on my phone for 3 days since they added a bolt on for travelling, don’t need this now for my phone to be messed up when due to go away , I also hope Yorkshirephil, flight and travel is good 

O2 messed up the roaming on DW's iPhone. I had to use my Tesco ( which is 02 ) as a WiFi hotspot so she could piggy back onto mine. They have done it twice and you don't find out you have a problem until you are away.🤬

• Like 1

19 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Thank you and you too, we will still be there as we don't come home till 5th March

Have an amazing holiday Phil & Mrs Phil😎🏝️

I'm not envious at all.

Nope, not a bit.

Or am I???

Well maybe I am just a tad😉😁

Avril

• Like 4

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Nobody know the answer? 😁

Here is another another true one, different ship. I was asked why the pool deck whirlpools had awnings over them. With a straight face I answered it was to keep you dry if it was raining. Thanks they said and wandered off - DOH!

Just a silly as the mother who called her son out of the sea when it began to rain because he would get wet. Anothe true one.

Avril

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Brain teaser anyone?

Wordle supposedly, according to Richard Osman, contains around 2500 words in its database. So a one in 2500 chance, theoretically, of getting the word at the first attempt.  Or an even more theoretical 6.85 years, averaged out, with one game a day.

The odds against winning the Euromillions lottery are roughly 140,000,000 to 1.

I calculate that the chances of winning the lottery therefore are roughly equivalent to getting the correct Wordle answer at first attempt every day for 153 years.

Have we any statisticians or mathematicians amongst us?  There’s a flaw somewhere in my logic, but I’m not sure where it is.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Brain teaser anyone?

Wordle supposedly, according to Richard Osman, contains around 2500 words in its database. So a one in 2500 chance, theoretically, of getting the word at the first attempt.  Or an even more theoretical 6.85 years, averaged out, with one game a day.

The odds against winning the Euromillions lottery are roughly 140,000,000 to 1.

I calculate that the chances of winning the lottery therefore are roughly equivalent to getting the correct Wordle answer at first attempt every day for 153 years.

Have we any statisticians or mathematicians amongst us?  There’s a flaw somewhere in my logic, but I’m not sure where it is.

Harry things are never what they seem . At Christmas I got a 30pc  jigsaw puzzle :classic_smile:

It took me just over nine hours to complete but yet on the box it said 4 to 5 years :classic_unsure:

• Haha 8

29 minutes ago, kalos said:

Harry things are never what they seem . At Christmas I got a 30pc  jigsaw puzzle :classic_smile:

It took me just over nine hours to complete but yet on the box it said 4 to 5 years :classic_unsure:

If 20% of accidents are caused by drunk drivers, the other 80% were sober.🤔

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, kalos said:

And, related to that but absolutely true: our daughter used to teach primary school children. One parent, faced with less than positive feedback about her son, said it was all nonsense. He was obviously extremely intelligent. So clever that he was playing computer games marked as for 18 year olds.

• Haha 5

We were only open for 2 hours at the vaccine hub today because we only had 66 people who had booked a vaccine today and 32 of those were no shows  fortunately we had quite  lot of walk ins. We only have 44 booked for tomorrow so again open for just 2 hours.  We will be closing down next week.

One of the other volunteers has been trying to recruit me to volunteer at the food bank where she volunteers so I am going to go and take a look at what they do on Thursday morning.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

And, related to that but absolutely true: our daughter used to teach primary school children. One parent, faced with less than positive feedback about her son, said it was all nonsense. He was obviously extremely intelligent. So clever that he was playing computer games marked as for 18 year olds.

A sign of the times Harry, some parents don't know, understand or care what their children are doing as long as they are not inconveniencing them.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Kalos I would be lost without your quick funny jokes , you cheer me up 😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you get your phone sorted and have a lovely time away.

Graham.

Thank you graham but I’m afraid it’s broken, not receiving data , they tried everything , changing the SIM card and all but it’s to do with the antennas on the phone not working,receiving etc , I’m not sure if it was down to me or not , I did drop it earlier in the week face down but it had its protection cover on , I also did a up date on it beginning of the week and they said sometimes that can mess your phone up , it’s been know !! My phone is 4 years old and a iPhone 10 ,so tomorrow I’m getting a new one iPhone 13 pro , expensive yes but I’m the main phone user in family, my husband has my old one iPhone 5se and I’ve never had any problems with that , need to get it sorted for next weekend 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

A sign of the times Harry, some parents don't know, understand or care what their children are doing as long as they are not inconveniencing them.

My sister had similar stories in the 80’s when she started teaching. I was shocked how often some children were late for school just because their mothers couldn’t get out of bed!

As my old teacher used to tell my parents at parents evening, the parents they really want to see don’t turn up!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We were only open for 2 hours at the vaccine hub today because we only had 66 people who had booked a vaccine today and 32 of those were no shows  fortunately we had quite  lot of walk ins. We only have 44 booked for tomorrow so again open for just 2 hours.  We will be closing down next week.

One of the other volunteers has been trying to recruit me to volunteer at the food bank where she volunteers so I am going to go and take a look at what they do on Thursday morning.

Which one is that if you can say? Just curious as we know people who help at some local ones 🙂

After an early 04:00 pickup and 0oC the day got better and better, no issues through Manchester airport flight took off on time, very smooth and arrived 25 minutes early in Lanzagrote, bit of a faff with the transfer as we were one of the last off the bus but no biggie. Arrived to wall to wall sunshine and 23oC, the appt is close to the town centre so picked up a few essentials, bread, milk, butter and beer. We the sat out by the pool till 18:00 when the sun dropped, we had decided to go out for dinner so wandered up the strip checking out the restaurants, we settled for a Chinese buffet at Orient world , it was warm enough to sit out. We had a cracking meal and will certainly go back there, after a couple of beers the long day was starting to take its toll so a stroll back to the appt settled for a brew and catch up with things on tinternet. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Evening all, I know you like a food pic. Today we shared two platters at Waitrose at Bluewater, do love a bit of charcuterie!

ED0B704F-A62E-4A70-8A2D-6BD97B3643B8.jpeg

We've been out to our local Miller and Carter' today - the Harecastle Farm it used to be called. had a fabulous meal and am now kicking myself as we never took a single photo! Really need to keep up on here 😉 

PS This looks lovely but we are still waddling after our meal 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

After an early 04:00 pickup and 0oC the day got better and better, no issues through Manchester airport flight took off on time, very smooth and arrived 25 minutes early in Lanzagrote, bit of a faff with the transfer as we were one of the last off the bus but no biggie. Arrived to wall to wall sunshine and 23oC, the appt is close to the town centre so picked up a few essentials, bread, milk, butter and beer. We the sat out by the pool till 18:00 when the sun dropped, we had decided to go out for dinner so wandered up the strip checking out the restaurants, we settled for a Chinese buffet at Orient world , it was warm enough to sit out. We had a cracking meal and will certainly go back there, after a couple of beers the long day was starting to take its toll so a stroll back to the appt settled for a brew and catch up with things on tinternet. 

Have a lovely time --- not jealous --- much 😉

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We've been out to our local Miller and Carter' today - the Harecastle Farm it used to be called. had a fabulous meal and am now kicking myself as we never took a single photo! Really need to keep up on here 😉 

PS This looks lovely but we are still waddling after our meal 😉

This was just lunch 😉

22 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Sounds brilliant Phil.

• Like 1