P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

it’s quoted me £83 including my medical stuff (although that shouldn’t effect quotes much) for family on annual European cover on silver. 
I thought it was a good price. Just don’t know how good they are when anything goes wrong 

That sounds ok Vamps. I tried a quote and it was ridiculous for me!

Hello all, hope everyone is ok. Went out for a Mother’s Day lunch yesterday with my mum dad and son and his family.

John and I went to Emmetts garden today near Sevenoaks. Typically after a week of lovely sunshine it was a bit murky today! We had a good walk though.

Yesterday we were sorting all our admin for our Easter short cruise. So exciting to be thinking cruises again but still wary of testing positive and not getting onboard! We’ve printed our Vaccine passes, boarding card, uploaded photos etc etc! Phew!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Forgot to load my photos, some Spring colour at Emmetts Garden.

no idea why they’ve gone sideways they don’t normally 🤷‍♀️

52E44CF2-BD0F-4E5C-B078-2A949B76B1B3.jpeg

4D23F74C-1C97-4863-A770-26017D752C1C.jpeg

65FE2350-F3C6-45EC-BE44-06807F0C1CB5.jpeg

D4247919-834D-4AC5-A46B-B7E2ABA368CC.jpeg

LOL,you've surpassed me,I don't get that with still life only myself.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

That sounds ok Vamps. I tried a quote and it was ridiculous for me!

I thought so too sue and it covers us for two cruises so seems like a good deal to me. 

im just in suspense waiting to see if hubby got the holidays or not. Looks like it will be tomorrow before we know now. Think I’m going to be rather mardy if we can’t go. But on the plus side there’s only eldest daughter that needs clothes if we go. Poor youngest has got all the hand me downs. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I thought so too sue and it covers us for two cruises so seems like a good deal to me. 

im just in suspense waiting to see if hubby got the holidays or not. Looks like it will be tomorrow before we know now. Think I’m going to be rather mardy if we can’t go. But on the plus side there’s only eldest daughter that needs clothes if we go. Poor youngest has got all the hand me downs. 

Fingers crossed he gets the holiday!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

,here's our Kate and Sydney pud today with olive oil

mmm  Lovely.    Thank you for posting it.

Last time I remembered about vegetable suet  and it was ok... I'll try it with olive oil next time.

I asked OH to put a plate over and turn mine.. he did, but where it had risen he didn't loosen it or trim it.  He turned it over started banging and shaking it and the whole lot collapsed.😄  I wasn't very ladylike for the next five minutes  after all my hard work!!!!    It was delicious though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

it’s quoted me £83 including my medical stuff (although that shouldn’t effect quotes much) for family on annual European cover on silver. 
I thought it was a good price. Just don’t know how good they are when anything goes wrong 

That sounds a great quote, if you have included everything including cruising. If you are young and healthy travel insurance is fairly inexpensive, make the most of it, because once you're retired with several medical conditions it becomes almost as expensive as the cruise!!!!😥

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Good luck!  Hope he gets it.  Should be a really great holiday for all of you, and your two girls will have a fantastic time. Fingers crossed.

Morning everyone.

Dull down here this morning although the sun is trying to get out.

I also need to get insurance sorted, but I am waiting for the result of my last MRI. 

Daughter has borrowed my car today so I won't be venturing far.

Hope you all have a good day and take care.

• Like 1

Just heard that the new cruise line we are on  in under  5 weeks have pushed back a short Hamburg cruise to end of April and have cancelled two.  This is due, apparently, to lack of supplies.

I think we are the first 'longish' cruise..although only 11 nights.  Oh well, I would have preferred it all to be tried and tested beforehand but never mind. 

Hopefully it will all be sorted and go ahead but I am preparing myself for it being cancelled  which is a minor thing in the scheme of things today but of course major in our small word.

I must have put the mockers on it when I ordered new pyjamas, jumpers, tee shirts and drawers!!!😝

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone.

Dull down here this morning although the sun is trying to get out.

I also need to get insurance sorted, but I am waiting for the result of my last MRI. 

Daughter has borrowed my car today so I won't be venturing far.

Hope you all have a good day and take care.

Sunny spells here in Bolton. I have put some washing out but I suspect after today I will be back to the tumble dryer as temperatures plummet and snow forecast. Over the past week I have managed to get my new cat used to the cat flap and she has been very adventurous. She has had a couple of scraps with next door’s cat but I suspect she might not like want to go out in snow..

Like you Purplesea, my daughter has just been down to borrow my car. Over the past two years she has used it more than me.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 9:57 AM, lincslady said:

purplesea -that party looks fantastic!  

wowzz - I deduce that you are going on Arcadia to the Canaries?  Hope we hear from you during the trip; looks like you are getting away just in time before it goes colder here.  Have a good time.  Silly, but I feel an affinity with wowzz simply because we live in the same county.  A bit pathetic, but there are not too many of us in this corner of England.  For which I am actually grateful.

Lincslady - I know you sailed on Silversea and wonder if you were on the Cloud in 2009 from New York to Barbados?

6 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Just heard that the new cruise line we are on  in under  5 weeks have pushed back a short Hamburg cruise to end of April and have cancelled two.  This is due, apparently, to lack of supplies.

I think we are the first 'longish' cruise..although only 11 nights.  Oh well, I would have preferred it all to be tried and tested beforehand but never mind. 

Hopefully it will all be sorted and go ahead but I am preparing myself for it being cancelled  which is a minor thing in the scheme of things today but of course major in our small word.

I must have put the mockers on it when I ordered new pyjamas, jumpers, tee shirts and drawers!!!😝

I'm sure your cruise will go ahead. The company will have been distraught at having to cancel the original Maiden and I think they will have had to be certain that the revised date is definite. Their publicity about the delay did say that situation has now resolved so hopefully all is on schedule. There may well be a few teething troubles on such an early cruise but the staff will all be desperate to please so I'm sure you'll have a great time.

• Like 1

After a cloudy day yesterday, today was once again lovely. Had a fairly quiet day with a bit of tidying ready for the decorators to come in tomorrow for the almost final stage of the post-leak reparations.

I called my TA at lunchtime to check prices for the only 2024 cruise that interested me. I didn't think it would come in at a price I wanted to pay and I was right. I'm really not ready to commit over £200 per night for an inside cabin on a cruise more than 2 years away, especially when I don't feel certain about what sort of cruise experience P&O will be providing by then. If they had been doing £50 deposits, I might have risked it but not for an over £200 deposit.

Had a nice walk this afternoon. For the first time this year, I walked out through the woods and across the fields and then back along the bridleway. The ground was mostly dry now but still the odd muddy patch.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Is that the one sailing out of Tilbury?

It must be quite an undertaking to start from scratch in the current climate.

When I sailed on CMV, they had quite a lot of crew from Eastern Europe, so wondering the Ukraine situation may affect their recruitment.

I think you are quite right - best not to believe it’s going ahead until you are sailing down the Thames! 😂

7 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Yes, that's it.  It will be like it's maiden voyage.  

We loved the old Magellan.  Hope it's like that as we had a great time.  You are right about the nationalities, most crew were Eastern European, with a big Ukraine contingent I think.

We understand how new it all is so will just take teething troubles on the chin, it all adds too the adventure.

Just as an aside, we found that the local PInn was brilliant.  There was a delay and they said we could keep most of the rooms, and they made sure we were well tanked up with tea and coffee etc as well as keeping us informed. it was with the old CMV, there was a five hour delay.  Some people wouldn't wait and went to the terminal and had a horrible five hour wait with a lot of others.. meanwhile we were in the Premier Inn, warm, happy and we catered for!!☺️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It must be quite an undertaking to start from scratch in the current climate.

When I sailed on CMV, they had quite a lot of crew from Eastern Europe, so wondering the Ukraine situation may affect their recruitment.

I think you are quite right - best not to believe it’s going ahead until you are sailing down the Thames! 😂

I've just beeen looking at them too. I have seen that their second ship have some sailings from Falmouth next year which would be idea for us, just over half an hours drive. Even if we go by train, via Truro, it would only take just over an hour😁

• Like 1

My E-tickets are not showing printable yet but there is only 20 days to go. 
do you think it could be cos I only book yesterday morning? Or should I be contacting them? Really want to see what room we have as it’s a saver fare so we just took the shot in the dark type of room. 

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

My E-tickets are not showing printable yet but there is only 20 days to go. 
do you think it could be cos I only book yesterday morning? Or should I be contacting them? Really want to see what room we have as it’s a saver fare so we just took the shot in the dark type of room. 

Can you do all the other things? I’ve just posted in another thread that we had trouble with the e- tickets. It does say your cabin needs to be assigned before you can do it. Ours was assigned 2 weeks ago but I couldn’t open them let alone print! I disabled my ad blocker but couldn’t do it on my phone or iPad. Hubby got out his old laptop then it worked! Goodness knows what I would have done if he didn’t have that because you always had to do the e-ticket.  

13 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Can you do all the other things? I’ve just posted in another thread that we had trouble with the e- tickets. It does say your cabin needs to be assigned before you can do it. Ours was assigned 2 weeks ago but I couldn’t open them let alone print! I disabled my ad blocker but couldn’t do it on my phone or iPad. Hubby got out his old laptop then it worked! Goodness knows what I would have done if he didn’t have that because you always had to do the e-ticket.  

It says cabin is not yet allocated on mine. Guessing it’s cos we only booked 10am yesterday but I have so much to do in only three weeks 😂 my head is like mush. Glad I only have one to buy clothes for. Have to go up loft for suitcases, hopefully bribe hubby to do it. 

thinkings on 11 days I’m going to have to do washing too. Anyone got any tips on laundry?