P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

48 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Have a lovely evening tonight with a nice bottle of wine.

We have a cruise on Azura booked for March 2024, like you say ages away but looking forward to it 

Michelle

Thanks Michelle, glad you have got your 2024 cruise booked. Where are you going?

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

It comes up on the ‘entertainment’ bit on the personaliser - we were told 31st March and that’s when it popped up! When I clicked on entertainment it said ‘you’ll be able to book from 31st March’ and it worked. 3 times, 6.45, 8.30 and 10.30.

thanks. Just logged in and mine says 3rd April. Just want to nosy at what is available really. 

can you still just turn up?

33 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Thanks Michelle, glad you have got your 2024 cruise booked. Where are you going?

Repositioning cruise, Tenerife to Malta March 2024. Cabin I have booked is currently an isolation cabin

Michelle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Repositioning cruise, Tenerife to Malta March 2024. Cabin I have booked is currently an isolation cabin

Michelle

We have booked on one of the repositioning cruises, we are doing the 19 nights from 09-03-24 so may see you aboard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

We are already booked on that repositioning, flying from Manchester. Looks good.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

thanks. Just logged in and mine says 3rd April. Just want to nosy at what is available really. 

can you still just turn up?

Well I haven’t been on a cruise for nearly three years but I believe you can turn up to some things  if there’s space! Mines only a short cruise so I thought we might have a struggle to get in some and I do  like going to the theatre onboard. We can only book theatre on mine, it said guest speakers and live music we can just turn up so that’s good.

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have booked on one of the repositioning cruises, we are doing the 19 nights from 09-03-24 so may see you aboard.

We are only doing the 12 day option from 16th to 28th. ☹️

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

Good evening everyone, hope all that’s not been well at the moment are on the road to recovery, stay safe everyone, that said myself and my husband & daughter &son in-law have all tested positive for the big C , husband got it first then down we all went just waiting for other daughter and granddaughters to have it since we were cuddling them this week, I haven’t seen them for 3 months and they were all over us , I’m worried about my FIL who is 87 and stays with us mostly, but he has had his forth jab so I’m testing him each day , so plenty of lemsips and liquids, I’m shivering in bed at the moment trying to get warm , we had very light snow flakes today but that’s all we get here .

Stay safe everyone and I hope Avril and husband is a lot better too .

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good evening everyone, hope all that’s not been well at the moment are on the road to recovery, stay safe everyone, that said myself and my husband & daughter &son in-law have all tested positive for the big C , husband got it first then down we all went just waiting for other daughter and granddaughters to have it since we were cuddling them this week, I haven’t seen them for 3 months and they were all over us , I’m worried about my FIL who is 87 and stays with us mostly, but he has had his forth jab so I’m testing him each day , so plenty of lemsips and liquids, I’m shivering in bed at the moment trying to get warm , we had very light snow flakes today but that’s all we get here .

Sending your family prayers 🙏 and best wishes for a quick recovery with little or no symptoms from your current viral infections.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

Thank you graham I’m just anoyed that I’ve caught it I’m so careful still wearing mask and wiping trolley handles down , but I think my husband caught it taking his dad to bingo and quite a few of them have gone down with it  , so he brought it in the house 😤

• Like 1

Cold with snow flurries from early morning through to early afternoon but fortunately not enough to settle. Bitterly cold, strong wind. Met up with friends to have lunch in a pub in St Albans which was nice.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Best wishes, hope you all feel better soon 

• Thanks 1

Morning hope your all OK .:classic_smile:

0_Fuel-prices.jpg.06ea18800249d200894b94313d34f2c0.jpg

Nice to see that Shell garages have lowered fuel prices overnight .
It's not often they have a sale so if your car's running on low I would 
advise you all top up whilst the "April Fuel " sale lasts ! :classic_unsure:

Have a good day and stay safe :classic_love:

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, Britboys said:

Met up with friends to have lunch in a pub in St Albans which was nice.

Nice city - my DH is St Albans born & bred and our boys went to school there. We live close by so often pop in.  A walk around the lake is lovely on a summer's day.

Today we should be sailing on Aurora but had a double whammy last Monday with both this cruise and our June/July sailings both cancelled.  We had been booked into Sindhu tonight so will be consoling ourselves with an Indian take-away instead!  Replacement cruise booked for September, so all good. 

Have a good day everyone and a speedy recovery to those unwell.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

Nice city - my DH is St Albans born & bred and our boys went to school there. We live close by so often pop in.  A walk around the lake is lovely on a summer's day.

Today we should be sailing on Aurora but had a double whammy last Monday with both this cruise and our June/July sailings both cancelled.  We had been booked into Sindhu tonight so will be consoling ourselves with an Indian take-away instead!  Replacement cruise booked for September, so all good. 

Have a good day everyone and a speedy recovery to those unwell.

Yes, St Albans is lovely but much changed since I first knew it back in the mid-eighties when we moved to Borehamwood. I had to chuckle last year when I had a wander around the market on a Saturday morning and on the flower stall saw little Olive Trees for sale. Very St Albans 😀. Would have been nice to have chosen St Albans when I moved back to Herts 6 years ago but I'm not a millionaire 😂

What cruise have you had cancelled in June/July? A Baltic?

16 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

We are flying on 24th Feb, flying back on the 9th. Sorry to miss you.

That’s a shame our dates don’t match up. Think there are three of us who post in here on the repositioning cruise so far

Michelle

3 minutes ago, Britboys said:

What cruise have you had cancelled in June/July? A Baltic?

No, it was to Norway, Iceland and a day in Cork on the way back.  Very disappointed when we had an email from P&O saying Aurora had regulatory work to be done so both her June cruises had to be cancelled.  I understand that this was the only time a dry dock was available to have the work done with in the required time frame.  We are gutted but such as life and it's too short to get steamed up about it!

Borehamwood or Boreham Wood as it was when I was young, is my home town or village, as it was back then. It is nothing like it used to be - my father was able to walk across fields from our house to the film studios where he worked! But I am going back many, many years!

• Like 2

Morning everyone, hope you are all well this morning. 

It looks a lovely day here so far, clear blue skies with a gentle breeze but cold so winter woollies still required.

Not much planned today, just the usual round of housework. 

We are going to the O2 tomorrow night to see Mama Mia The Party with some cruise friends so looking forward to that. I ordered some FFP3 masks to wear on the train tomorrow. 

Have a nice weekend everyone whatever your plans are

Michelle

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Beautiful morning here in Bolton. Very cold however with frost on the lawn. Really lovely to see the cows out for the first time after winter.

65ECCFF7-BF5B-4AE7-8050-A117E0AD3552.jpeg

Being a townie, you learn everyday on here from you country folk. I didn't know cows hibernated.🤣

• Haha 2

Bright sunshine today but very chilly here in North Norfolk. Good news last night the new builder has had a week of work cancelled next week so they rang to say could they install my utility room as I already have all the cabinets etc. That will be great. It will also be the home for the dachsies crates so its is also being sound proofed just in case they decide to have a barkfest while I am out.