P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Hope everyone is feeling well/ better this morning.

Raining and windy down here and thunder's rumbling around for the past hour!

Going over to Mum's this morning to sort out what is needed for Easter as we are going over to there on Sunday, other than that have nothing planned for today.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Pam 

• Like 3

Bit of a late night last night watching the Masters Golf final round. A windy night in our cottage in Wales, woke up to find garden chairs on the lawn.

Last day of our long weekend break, hope to get out for a walk if the rain keeps off. Return home tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Enjoyed the series very much

Stanley Tucci has been around for ever.  Supernova is the most recent film I have seen him in.  Have you seen The Children Act, where Emma Thompson is a senior judge?  He is her husband in that.  He was in Spotlight too - great film.

Is he the hairiest man in the world?  His doormat-style chest hair was visible through his white shirt in last night’s programme! 🙂

Watched the new(ish) Bond movie over the weekend.  Meh.  Preferred yesterday’s footie

Just googled him,his family are from Calabria.

Hadn't noticed the hairy chest!  However, I hadn't actually concentrated on his looks, as he is not exactly a pinup - but apparently a nice guy.  Now Daniel Craig I thought was gorgeous (a bit less so now), but did think the latest Bond was rubbish; amazing stunts but little  else.

I only know a bit about Sicily from cruise calls, but have visited Taormina and  Trapani; less well known and not as compelling as Taormina, but fascinating as a more 'Sicilian' little town.

• Like 1

After this mornings rain and thunder it has turned out to be a nice day and has warmed up to a pleasant 15oC, although there is still a bit breezy.

Received an e-mail from the TA advising me of our cabin allocation for our cruise at the end of the month, so no longer waiting in anticipation!

• Like 3

The second sunny day in a row and a bit warmer today - up to 14⁰c this afternoon. Still a bit blowy but it's not that bitterly cold wind. I'm gradually unpacking boxes and slowly getting back to normal again. Had to pop out to post the Easter Cards today, so combined it with walking back the long way through the fields and woods. Nice to see the bluebells starting to come out. The walk in total was about 2.5 miles.

After lunch cut the lawns again and decided I need to buy a new strimmer for edging that doesn't need two or three pairs of hands to stop the cutting twine escape from its cartridge...

Not a bad day here started off sunny with a bit of light cloud. Breakfast at Costa and picked up my Grand National winnings, it was only £90 profit but better than a poke in the eye with a burned stick. Sat in the garden reading most of the afternoon so a happy bunny.

• Like 3

Just transferred our potential January 2023 Canaries cruise to a potential January 2024 Canaries cruise.

Am I the only person who received the email offering 10% off, additional OBC AND free Ultimate Drinks Package?  I didn’t know if it would work for a transfer - whether a transfer would qualify as a new booking for the purposes of this offer - but I gave them a ring (about 12 minutes hold time) and it does!  Happy days!

Who knows - it might be like the olden days by then, and cruising might come back into the reckoning for us?  Nice thought.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ccpm said:

OK here in Holt it is what should be described as a maybe day. Showers sun etc 

EMMA

Lovely day here just east of Norwich, all of about 26 miles from Holt -  quite a few pairs of shorts observed in Sainsbury's.🙄

15 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Just transferred our potential January 2023 Canaries cruise to a potential January 2024 Canaries cruise.

Am I the only person who received the email offering 10% off, additional OBC AND free Ultimate Drinks Package?  I didn’t know if it would work for a transfer - whether a transfer would qualify as a new booking for the purposes of this offer - but I gave them a ring (about 12 minutes hold time) and it does!  Happy days!

Who knows - it might be like the olden days by then, and cruising might come back into the reckoning for us?  Nice thought.

I had an email offering 5% deposit and 10% discount but no mention of a Drinks Package. Anyone else ?

14 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Lovely day here just east of Norwich, all of about 26 miles from Holt -  quite a few pairs of shorts observed in Sainsbury's.🙄

I'm moving

Morning all we do have a bit of sun now but having just got back from buying the paper we also have lots of road wandering tourists in situ. Good for the economy but not for motorists. 

Some one has enquired if they can use my low rider dog as a stud dog having seen his puppies. I have had to refuse as although he might be keen I'm thinking of him as a sex worker. Plus I missed him loads, so no not happening.

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

I had an email offering 5% deposit and 10% discount but no mention of a Drinks Package. Anyone else ?

Here it is

I needed to read it several times to assure myself they were offering so much!  I’ll take the drinks package restrictions if it comes for “free”.

I’m considering transferring another 2024 booking if I can get that package again

Because your holiday plans with us were affected, we wanted to give you something

special. How does 10% off^ and a free drinks packageˇ sound?

With this exciting offer you can enjoy special holiday moments and incredible
adventures with the added extras of a discounted holiday and a free drinks
packageˇ worth up to £559 per person based on a 14 night holiday. With
over 530 holidays between 7-15 nights to choose from, you can book another
P&O Cruises holiday unlike any other you’ve had before.

Simply book an applicable Select Price holiday on sailings departing
from 2 July 2022 until 30 March 2024 before 30 May 2022,
and we’ll give you 10% off^ and a free drinks packageˇ
worth £559pp based on a 14 night holiday.

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Any ideas when I get my boarding pass? Only got 6 days to go and I’ve printed the luggage labels and E-tickets but I haven’t got my boarding pass. 

Boarding pass should have been available at the same time as your E Tickets.

Try going back in and hopefully they might be ready and take a screenshot of the boarding pass if it will not print.

Alternatively ring P&O or your TA who should be able to print it for you and email it to you so you can print it from the email attachment.

Don't forget the medical questionnaire has to be done on line 1-3 days before your cruise.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Here it is

I needed to read it several times to assure myself they were offering so much!  I’ll take the drinks package restrictions if it comes for “free”.

I’m considering transferring another 2024 booking if I can get that package again

Because your holiday plans with us were affected, we wanted to give you something

special. How does 10% off^ and a free drinks packageˇ sound?

With this exciting offer you can enjoy special holiday moments and incredible
adventures with the added extras of a discounted holiday and a free drinks
packageˇ worth up to £559 per person based on a 14 night holiday. With
over 530 holidays between 7-15 nights to choose from, you can book another
P&O Cruises holiday unlike any other you’ve had before.

Simply book an applicable Select Price holiday on sailings departing
from 2 July 2022 until 30 March 2024 before 30 May 2022,
and we’ll give you 10% off^ and a free drinks packageˇ
worth £559pp based on a 14 night holiday.

The first sentence says your holiday plans had been affected so I assume you had a problem with a booked cruise and this is to compensate. It is not a general email to past passengers.

• Like 1

No - we’ve had no problems

Our last cruise finished in Feb 2020

At that time we had 3 further cruises booked, one for later 2020, two for 2021.  Had only paid comparatively low deposits, not paid a balance.

We’ve not cruised and simply transferred those bookings along, till now when we have 3 bookings for 2024

The email may have been instigated by the most recent transfer/booking, when the summer 2024 bookings opened - not that long ago iirc.  I don’t know if it appears in the bit I’ve quoted but the email says something like “Can we persuade you to book another holiday?”

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

No - we’ve had no problems

Our last cruise finished in Feb 2020

At that time we had 3 further cruises booked, one for later 2020, two for 2021.  Had only paid comparatively low deposits, not paid a balance.

We’ve not cruised and simply transferred those bookings along, till now when we have 3 bookings for 2024

The email may have been instigated by the most recent transfer/booking, when the summer 2024 bookings opened - not that long ago iirc.  I don’t know if it appears in the bit I’ve quoted but the email says something like “Can we persuade you to book another holiday?”

Thanks for that. I had a Britannia cruise cancelled in March 20 and  since booked five, three taken, two in 23 and 24 to go. If I got this offer I would take it.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Boarding pass should have been available at the same time as your E Tickets.

Try going back in and hopefully they might be ready and take a screenshot of the boarding pass if it will not print.

Alternatively ring P&O or your TA who should be able to print it for you and email it to you so you can print it from the email attachment.

Don't forget the medical questionnaire has to be done on line 1-3 days before your cruise.

Graham.

cheers Graham

ive managed to print them. I did see where it said it last week but it wouldn’t let me download them but it’s let me do it now. I’d forgotten about them actually. Thought I had printed everything off I need. 

• Like 2