P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Have you thought of house sitters?

Responsible people who come with references, insurance etc

I have neighbours who do it and absolutely love getting around the country.  They are 100% responsible people - I’d leave my house/dog with them in an instant - though strangely they don’t want a break ‘two doors down’

Google for sitting agencies.  They’re with the biggest 

People we know in Italy do that.They live in Sussex but go all over housesitting for free.Just for the  experience of somewhere different.Bit strange to me but whatever floats your boat.

11 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Boots often don't have what we need these days, it's a shame that Lloyds isn't in Sainsburys anymore.

I've had a lot of problems with Boot's too, missing items, lost scripts etc. I have now been using Well's Pharmacy for 2 years and have had no problems so far🤞 I order our meds online and they deliver them free of charge in many cases. They have branches all over and I know they have some in Kent. My sister uses them and she lives in Stockport.

Avril

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

People we know in Italy do that.They live in Sussex but go all over housesitting for free.Just for the  experience of somewhere different.Bit strange to me but whatever floats your boat.

It's ok, but you need to spell out the rules.

IMG_20220721_143552_1.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I've had a lot of problems with Boot's too, missing items, lost scripts etc. I have now been using Well's Pharmacy for 2 years and have had no problems so far🤞 I order our meds online and they deliver them free of charge in many cases. They have branches all over and I know they have some in Kent. My sister uses them and she lives in Stockport.

Avril

Thank you for that, I’ve just looked Well’s chemist up and there are none close to us. I don’t drive so need somewhere in walking distance.

I will change to Fenns but I’ve been stupid and lots my medication this morning, the box is where it lives but no tablets inside & I know I have 10 days worth in the blister pack. I had a panic this morning when I realised, but my son  takes the same thing so I borrowed a pill for today and have had to put in an emergency prescription and I’m going to the shopping centre later where our Boots is so I’ll take a book and queue there tonight 🥴

• Like 1

21 hours ago, silkworms said:

Hi Josy

Please let us have more details as you have me very worried!

We are due on Emerald around the UK next month, we were

looking forward particularly to the Edinburgh Tattoo for which

we have great seats booked.  We are in a mini suite on D deck

and have booked Crown Grill for several evenings. Would be really grateful for a follow up from you!

Terri

Enjoy the Tattoo, it’s a really great night out but pack for it.

You need both sunscreen, hat and a lightweight rain jacket as the seats are exposed to the elements whatever they may throw at you. Also take a black polly bag for the seat in case it is wet before you get there - a damp derrière is no fun while watching a show.

Are  you eating on the ship before you go? If not then it’s wise to prebook a restaurant as they tend to get very busy during the festival.

• Like 1

My son’s ‘breakfast in bread’ this morning. A small loaf, hollowed out and full of cooked breakfast goodies. Needless to say, he wasn’t able to eat all of it.

9753610D-4413-4C8F-BFC4-04ED77BB2FFD.jpeg

Edited by pete14
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 7/20/2022 at 10:24 PM, SarahHben said:

Boots often don't have what we need these days, it's a shame that Lloyds isn't in Sainsburys anymore.

I do miss that Lloyds! Last week I needed piriton and I was at Hempstead Valley so the only place to go was Boots. They are now like the small Rainham Boots where the poor staff member has to serve at the pharmacy part and the prescription part - it’s nuts! The wait is ages as they have to run between the two 🙄

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 7:12 AM, davecttr said:

The roof leak is around the soil breather pipe. i had it repaired over 20 years ago and now have to go through all the hassle of contractors sucking their teeth and claiming the whole roof will need replacing etc etc. the perils of getting old 😠

Good luck finding someone. All these people doing lots of building works  since Covid has meant it’s hard getting them to do the work.

My sister in Worthing moved two years ago and still hasn’t  got someone to do the extension she was planning! Half the people she contacts don’t get back to her.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

Only 14 degrees here but have had nice much needed steady rain for the last 3 hours.

We have a local Rowlands chemist, for repeat prescriptions order online to the doctor and get text to pickup from the chemist when ready. If we get a new prescription and take it in personally if in stock only takes 5 mins max.

• Like 2

Good morning.

15°C and showers today in North East England.

I text my prescription in every 8 week's to my doctor and pick them up from my local pharmacy 2 day's later.

I hope everyone is safe,pain free and well.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Enjoy the Tattoo, it’s a really great night out but pack for it.

You need both sunscreen, hat and a lightweight rain jacket as the seats are exposed to the elements whatever they may throw at you. Also take a black polly bag for the seat in case it is wet before you get there - a damp derrière is no fun while watching a show.

Are  you eating on the ship before you go? If not then it’s wise to prebook a restaurant as they tend to get very busy during the festival.

Thank you so much for your tips. We were thinking a black bin bag with

holes cut out for the eyes! But your tip to take them for sitting on is

great, and we will just have a waterproof hoodie!

it is a Princess excursion and we leave at 5.30, so will not be eating

dinner on board. We will have a big lunch, I don’t think it will do us

any harm not eating for one evening! Evidently it takes a couple of

hours from Glasgow to Edinburgh and the ship does not sail until

02.00 am.  Really looking forward to it and thank you again.

Terri

Thank you for the mention of flu jabs.  It has prompted me to book one at the Boots where I work so I can pop out during my working day.  The appointment isn't until mid-September but at least it's now in my diary

• Like 1

Only one thing to share tonight --- WE ARE ON HOLIDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH

Celebrated the end of the academic year at The Manor House Hotel Alsager last night and chilling today on what is our Jubilee Bank Holiday :-)

May be able to keep up with all of your news now 

Love the cat zones - brill

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Nice day, dull to begin with but sunny now.

We had a fishy lunch.  Silver mullet and mackerel.  Good!  Have a lovely weekend everyone

6A94C843-FBAD-4C42-B4B5-C5B200648FCE.thumb.jpeg.3f3d09eee1ad4260cc4d56e588cee8fa.jpeg

7868070D-9537-4B65-BF60-4EDD4229E37B.jpeg

Love fish as long as it doesn't look like a fish !!!!!

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

Cat's sorted, I was in panic mode after trying 50 or more catteries!   Probably at a price.

One thing is puzzling me.... our cruise line in 3 weeks, not P and O, say we can test at home and can take that small result cassette as proof.  Surely, if I was not on the straight and narrow and had or suspected I had covid  with mild symptoms it is open to abuse, ie slip the bloke down the road a tenner to take test for me.   I couldn't do it, but some could.   It's ridiculous   .Might just as well scrap it.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Cat's sorted, I was in panic mode after trying 50 or more catteries!   Probably at a price.

One thing is puzzling me.... our cruise line in 3 weeks, not P and O, say we can test at home and can take that small result cassette as proof.  Surely, if I was not on the straight and narrow and had or suspected I had covid  with mild symptoms it is open to abuse, ie slip the bloke down the road a tenner to take test for me.   I couldn't do it, but some could.   It's ridiculous   .Might just as well scrap it.

A bit like signing that bit of paper saying you hadn't had a cough or sickness before a cruise - that was before Covid. And how many were not totally honest? Or am I being cynical ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Nice day, dull to begin with but sunny now.

We had a fishy lunch.  Silver mullet and mackerel.  Good!  Have a lovely weekend everyone

6A94C843-FBAD-4C42-B4B5-C5B200648FCE.thumb.jpeg.3f3d09eee1ad4260cc4d56e588cee8fa.jpeg

7868070D-9537-4B65-BF60-4EDD4229E37B.jpeg

Are the chips on a separate plate and mushy peas in a small bowl?

A refreshing breeze today - so welcome! And enjoying delicious bao with crispy hoisin pork croquettes, pickled veg and chilli mayo in the garden.

Ok, the cooking and eating are partly displacement activities from finishing the packing for Sunday, but hey ho!

3064AE78-81C7-4E60-908D-DB2ADB7EA586.jpeg

90CC1EBD-DB8A-4462-AFD1-150C550B67C1.jpeg

• Like 7