P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Why do I feel I've sold my soul to the devil for 500 bucks and 2 cans of Russian lager.I hate what's happening in the other UK with a vengeance.We've known these lovely people for 15 years and it's hard.Just got to stop the Basil goose step legs from twitching,lol.1453261312_IMG_20220807_170553039615.thumb.jpg.d60e4c0e3948d425e68f2a3b5a0d70be.jpg

A 500 euro note seems a little excessive in a country where £50 notes seem to be a rarity (and not accepted in some shops I believe). Mind you, the way things are going maybe we are getting close to needing a £500 note. However, I think shops may object if you went into the newsagent and bought a morning paper with a £500 note primarily to get change for your bus fare or car parking.

Edited by pete14

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

A 500 euro note seems a little excessive in a country where £50 notes seem to be a rarity (and not accepted in some shops I believe). Mind you, the way things are going maybe we are getting close to needing a £500 note. However, I think shops may object if you went into the newsagent and bought a morning paper with a £500 note primarily to get change for your bus fare or car parking.

I really don't understand why Europe has such high denomination notes. As you may know, I'm a regular visitor to Spain where €50 notes are really common. I tend to draw money out of the bank machine every couple of days at €40 a time because if you draw more, you are almost guaranteed to get a €50 note. Not much use if you're spending €4 on a couple of coffees...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

I thought many placrs in Europe, even banks, won't accept €500 notes, since they assume only the Russian mafia use them!!!🤔

• Like 1

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought many placrs in Europe, even banks, won't accept €500 notes, since they assume only the Russian mafia use them!!!🤔

I wondered why Marlon Brandos face was on the reverse side.Must be a local issue.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I wondered why Marlon Brandos face was on the reverse side.Must be a local issue.

But you are the only one on here displaying a 500 euro note. Is there something you are trying to reveal to us in a slightly cryptic way? Any headless horses in your part of the world? 🐴🐴🐴

• Haha 2

Been a busy weekend in the garden , soooo many apples on the trees this year we have picked enough to make three large batches of apple sauce which we will freeze for later and our lovely neighbours have also been given enough to do the same, the eaters are coming so thick and fast that we cant give them away fast enough and the plums are nearly pulling the branches to the ground, so I suspect a lot of plum jam will be made by our couple next door, the tomatoes and peppers this year are the best crops we have ever had, add to that the strawberries and raspberries' which we have been given by our neighbours and its been a very "fruitful" year , just hope we can get them all harvested before going away in early September. Normally one year we will get masses of plums but less apples and the next year it reverses , this year we have had both together, will be interesting to see what comes next year 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Harry has been a bit quiet recently for a good few weeks and I haven’t seen much of Avril.

Have just missed their posts?

Andy and Jane (Becket) too.

It is sunny and 21°C here in North East England.

IMG_20220713_120931.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20220713_120931.jpg

I don’t tend to worry about Andy and Jane quite so much as they tend to pop in at out, particularly Andy when he is busy at work.

There are a few who have dropped away, life is perhaps more normal so folks have less free time.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I don’t tend to worry about Andy and Jane quite so much as they tend to pop in at out, particularly Andy when he is busy at work.

There are a few who have dropped away, life is perhaps more normal so folks have less free time.

I think most of us who post regularly it is part of our routine.

Sometimes when you are on holiday you get out of the habit of posting and some just lose interest and stop posting when they get home.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, pete14 said:

But you are the only one on here displaying a 500 euro note. Is there something you are trying to reveal to us in a slightly cryptic way? Any headless horses in your part of the world? 🐴🐴🐴

If I told you I'd have to send you a smelly dead fish.Could you be so kind as to give me your postcode.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20220713_120931.jpg

It's 27⁰ and sunny here but no beautiful beach like that! Fixed a couple of solar lights to my fence this morning and been out for my swim. The rest of the day I will take as it comes...

Edited by Britboys
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Britboys said:

It's 27⁰ and sunny here but no beautiful beach like that! Fixed a couple of solar lights to my fence this morning and been out for my swim. The rest of the day I will take as it comes...

Pauline bought some butterfly 🦋 solar lamps a few weeks ago and put them around 1 of our rockeries.

IMG_20220730_215924.jpg

• Like 8

A car has crashed into our garden wall.  Cars a write off.  Driver a Met Officer.  He invited us for a drink.  I told him that was a stupid thing to do as someone could call the Police.  He arrogantly said he was the Police.

He's now up the pub.  Someone told us they smelt drink before he went.  We have found three miniature spirit bottles down the car seat.

Many calls to Police who say they are coming on blue lights and sirens  No sign yet and its now two hours. They say its priority.  Probably because he is a Police Officer.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Do let us know what happens next!

Probably not much, certainly not driving under the influence because he will claim that he went to the pub and had several drinks to get over the shock so will be over the limit due to that.  That is what happened when our neighbour's car was hit by a police officer.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Probably not much, certainly not driving under the influence because he will claim that he went to the pub and had several drinks to get over the shock so will be over the limit due to that.  That is what happened when our neighbour's car was hit by a police officer.

This isn't a new occurrence by far. My father used to ride a push bike until well into his 70's. He had been out for his usual daily ride and was waiting at the traffic lights. The light went to green and he started forward, only to be side swiped by a police van and knocked into a ditch. Two cracked ribs and multiple bumps, bruises and lacerations later and no word from the police. He had to report it himself 5 days later.

Excuse #1 Are you sure it was a police van?😏 

Excuse #2 Are you sure you're not confused because of shock?🙄

Finally a real doozy -

Excuse #3 Are you sure you weren't speeding?😲

I mean how fast can a 74  year old man go from a standing start on a push bike?🤔

Nothing was ever done about it which is not surprising.

Avril

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

This isn't a new occurrence by far. My father used to ride a push bike until well into his 70's. He had been out for his usual daily ride and was waiting at the traffic lights. The light went to green and he started forward, only to be side swiped by a police van and knocked into a ditch. Two cracked ribs and multiple bumps, bruises and lacerations later and no word from the police. He had to report it himself 5 days later.

Excuse #1 Are you sure it was a police van?😏 

Excuse #2 Are you sure you're not confused because of shock?🙄

Finally a real doozy -

Excuse #3 Are you sure you weren't speeding?😲

I mean how fast can a 74  year old man go from a standing start on a push bike?🤔

Nothing was ever done about it which is not surprising.

Avril

Some depressing posts here, but good to see your name pop up again Avril 👍

• Like 6