P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, indiana123 said:

On a happier note,  we are leaving Thursday for Southampton then jumping ship and going for a scenic ride up the Fjords on Bolette.  It a small ship but people say its  very nice. Got loads of jumpers ready but they are having a bit of a heatwave too.. in the 70s apparently so it will be layers, just in case.

That should blow our cobwebs away!

I hope you have an amazing cruise.

12 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I'm usually a very happy go lucky person but this is not my week is it.  What with the crash and everything

Little Lexy the cat, an adorable little soul, who sat on our feet every night.. she was limping so Vet took Xrays and while she was under he removed a large benign lump from her neck. Today she suddenly lost the use of her legs so Brian took her  back to the vets.  The vet rang me and said it was her spine, they suspected the worst and there were no pulses in her feet, so we had to let her go. ..I couldn't say goodbye because I wasn't there and that really hurts.

Tomorrow it must be onwards and upwards and get packing...

Losing a beloved pet is one of the most difficult things to deal with, had to do it so many times and last time swore never again ,     lo and behold we are now virtually permanent dog sitters to our daughters sausage dog and I dread the day when he is no longer with us , I share your pain on your loss

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

20220810_124639.thumb.jpg.7943b65c07b7e96b68e5d0fb5d3e04f6.jpgLook what I saw in the market a bit later! 

Reminds me of when we went up to North Cape and saw a stall selling reindeer meat at the side of the road, we took a photo and when we got home told my nephew who was 4 at the time that Santa wouldn't be able to visit that year because we had eaten Rudolph.

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Reminds me of when we went up to North Cape and saw a stall selling reindeer meat at the side of the road, we took a photo and when we got home told my nephew who was 4 at the time that Santa wouldn't be able to visit that year because we had eaten Rudolph.

I bet that blunted his Christmas

24 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

I bet that blunted his Christmas

My brother was ready to murder me because his son was upset until Christmas (which was 6 months later because we were on a Summer Solstice cruise in June) and swore that he would get us back when we had children but unfortunately we never had any children.

Went to get car off drive this morning, access to garage is in a side street,  appears water company has final turned up to fix a leak reported 6 weeks ago, the hole they have dug opposite drive and fencing surrounding has virtually blocked our shared drive. No notification was given that work was about to commence, no attempt made to contact car owners, they couldn’t miss seeing the cars on the drive.

I messaged them as what not prepared to sit in a phone queue which said wait time was 75 mins.

Apparently leaked was fixed yesterday but hole not refilled. At 11:30 this morning some workmen turned up, filled hole with hardcore and left not long after. Now told it might be tomorrow or Friday before tarmac laid, the work grant runs out at 4pm tomorrow so they will be in breach if they leave it until Friday. The road is narrow and the ring and ride bus had trouble getting through. So a neighbour and I have adjusted the fencing around the hole so it closer to the edge so traffic can get past without mounting pavement. I await a phone call from them tomorrow after I raised a complaint about failure to notify in advance. 

2 hours ago, Pine Man said:

.....and you actually thought that was funny?

You shouldn't be so judgemental.This was 40+ years ago.My teacher told me there was no Santa. I was in tears when I left school at 15 when he didn't send me my new blowtorch  for my apprenticeship with the gasboard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

HI  today's been a hot one 30.c and I find it weird, that here we are mid summer,

sizzling and today's topic is Santa😉

Well can we get to the point, does he exist ? (Asking for a friend )😇

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, brian1 said:

You shouldn't be so judgemental.This was 40+ years ago.My teacher told me there was no Santa. I was in tears when I left school at 15 when he didn't send me my new blowtorch  for my apprenticeship with the gasboard.

Sorry Brian, your teacher was wrong. Santa does exist, he does, does, does. So there.

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

HI  today's been a hot one 30.c and I find it weird, that here we are mid summer,

sizzling and today's topic is Santa😉

Well can we get to the point, does he exist ? (Asking for a friend )😇

See my reply to Brian. Nuff said.🤣

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

I was devastated when I found out Santa wasn't real, so much so I jumped in the car and went down the pub.

Keep the faith Phil. She does exist. In fact the job is too big for one person. In California they have at least 2. Santa Barbara and Santa Monica. I would Imagine there are several more around the world.,🤔

• Haha 7

14 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry have not been around for a while ... have been on our jolly days:-)

Today we has the pleasure of meeting up with CC member  Charlie and his pets Mr and Mrs Pete1420220810_170305.thumb.jpg.6263191a2a8172a46153b2a63ee4074f.jpg

Charlie has just given me permission to say woof to you all. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Went to get car off drive this morning, access to garage is in a side street,  appears water company has final turned up to fix a leak reported 6 weeks ago, the hole they have dug opposite drive and fencing surrounding has virtually blocked our shared drive. No notification was given that work was about to commence, no attempt made to contact car owners, they couldn’t miss seeing the cars on the drive.

I messaged them as what not prepared to sit in a phone queue which said wait time was 75 mins.

Apparently leaked was fixed yesterday but hole not refilled. At 11:30 this morning some workmen turned up, filled hole with hardcore and left not long after. Now told it might be tomorrow or Friday before tarmac laid, the work grant runs out at 4pm tomorrow so they will be in breach if they leave it until Friday. The road is narrow and the ring and ride bus had trouble getting through. So a neighbour and I have adjusted the fencing around the hole so it closer to the edge so traffic can get past without mounting pavement. I await a phone call from them tomorrow after I raised a complaint about failure to notify in advance. 

We have had a leak on our approach road for several weeks. It was a fairly small leak and the road was dug up and replaced, but there was still a leak. A few weeks later a leak developed from the man hole cover a bit futher up the road, so again the road was dug up and repaired, that leak has been reparied.   I think that they have dug up and repaired the road at least five times to date but the orginal leak still needs fixing. As we are a cul de sac it causes problems getting in and out!!

I have just been outside and it is already 21°, most definitely shorts and tee shirt day.  I am dreading our bowling match this evening, it is away at a bowling club that is 30 minutes drive from home.  I have agreed to take 2 of my team mates, one of whom I know will be moaning about the heat and asking to have the car windows open because she doesn't like aircon.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have agreed to take 2 of my team mates, one of whom I know will be moaning about the heat and asking to have the car windows open because she doesn't like aircon.

Tell your team mate "The windows remain closed" as the air con is cooling the car and open

windows cause drag using more fuel.

The other option is easy ,get a taxi if they don't like it .

• Like 11

Just now, kalos said:

Tell your team mate "The windows remain closed" as the air con is cooling the car and open

windows cause drag using more fuel.

The other option is easy ,get a taxi if they don't like it .

Or better still lock the windows closed from your door panel and feign ignorance when she cant open hers.😉

• Like 6
  • Haha 3