P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

@Vampiress88 

This photo shows the sort of thing that Princess do in the craft classes, I don't know if your girls are interested in making this sort of thing but if they are it is a good way to use up a couple of hours on sea days.  This was a mask that I made on Crown Princess in 2019 but it is the only photo. There is usually a mix of adults and children in the classes.  There is no charge and everything is provided.1413312168_Screenshot_20220905-180345_Photos2.thumb.jpg.a17830623c0abbe6f19e6cc14d2d1668.jpg

Edited by Josy1953

Morning everyone ,hope you are all good, for those who want to know what the weathers like please look out of your window now 😉

Seems that ships research is popular at the moment and I like to research too and love to watch the, up to date You Tube films. You can learn so much most of the time but then you get some who haven't got a clue what they are doing or in some cases what they are on about .

Some examples are they film themselves for 20 minutes whilst showing you around the ship, at least we know what they look like and they ask you to subscribe for other episodes of looking at their faces 😐 Turn the camera around  pleease !

Another one that cracks me up is when they tell us " we have 6 plugs in our cabin " whilst pointing at the electrical sockets ? On the internet you can be whoever you want, it’s strange so many people choose to be stupid, bless them.

Having said that there is some good stuff out there to watch 😊

I wonder what the weathers doing ? Off to look out the window ,so for now ,you all take care and have a good day :classic_love:

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

Someone recently suggested that now Covid is receding we do not have as much need to keep this thread going - the problem is that actually we do, it is just that the present problems have quite a bit to do with politics, the unmentionable subject.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Someone recently suggested that now Covid is receding we do not have as much need to keep this thread going - the problem is that actually we do, it is just that the present problems have quite a bit to do with politics, the unmentionable subject.

I lost a watch that was a very sentimental pressie from my lovely wife. The last time that I saw it was by her pet parrot's perch in the lounge. It's all so distressing... and now I daren't even mention Polly ticks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

36 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Someone recently suggested that now Covid is receding we do not have as much need to keep this thread going - the problem is that actually we do, 

Those that don't need it should move on then, simples.

The weather isn't bad here either, and we have just booked another cruise. 

Think that covers the bases?

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Like 11

We took the plunge and bought an all singing and dancing combination health grill, flat plate and air fryer. I know it wouldn't suit everyone but so far it's working a treat for us especially as we often end up cooking separate meals for our son necessitating warming up and using the oven multiple times each day.

My first attempt was fish fingers and chips which took 17 mins (next time I'll cook them a minute or so less) rather than 30 mins in the oven. Last night we had Sunday dinner leftovers which I supplemented with some quick, freshly made Yorkshire puddings (15 mins, next time a little less oil and higher temperature). In the long run we are certain that this is going to save time and energy bills for us. Thanks to all who commented and provided suggestions on this subject.

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 12

Glad to still be here & keeping each other going even if it is the very British weather discussion. Also British or English? 🤔 what’s going on with the tea bags every time the tea candy is refilled there’s tea every where & you have to resort to grabbing the tea strainer because there’s a hole in the bag again! Ps when I make the tea I use the tea pot but no one else does 😱

• Like 3

Please - do NOT use this thread for cruise-related topics which should have their own threads. That is not its purpose. The number of people using this one has dropped so cruise-related questions, reviews etc will only be seen by relatively few people, whereas on the main board, many more will have the opportunity to contribute/benefit.

Thanks.

This thread may not survive indefinitely!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Glad to still be here & keeping each other going even if it is the very British weather discussion. Also British or English? 🤔 what’s going on with the tea bags every time the tea candy is refilled there’s tea every where & you have to resort to grabbing the tea strainer because there’s a hole in the bag again! Ps when I make the tea I use the tea pot but no one else does 😱

A teapot is an essential item in this house, we also use cups and saucers but nearly everyone we know uses mugs.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DamianG said:

We took the plunge and bought an all singing and dancing combination health grill, flat plate and air fryer. I know it wouldn't suit everyone but so far it's working a treat for us especially as we often end up cooking separate meals for our son necessitating warming up and using the oven multiple times each day.

My first attempt was fish fingers and chips which took 17 mins (next time I'll cook them a minute or so less) rather than 30 mins in the oven. Last night we had Sunday dinner leftovers which I supplemented with some quick, freshly made Yorkshire puddings (15 mins, next time a little less oil and higher temperature). In the long run we are certain that this is going to save time and energy bills for us. Thanks to all who commented and provided suggestions on this subject.

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

Only 3 fish fingers Damian??? Wouldn't do in the Red Ray household! Yorkies look nice though 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Red Ray said:

Only 3 fish fingers Damian??? Wouldn't do in the Red Ray household! Yorkies look nice though 

Son's specific instructions, 3 fish fingers and crispy fries! He is a really fussy eater so I am pleased to report that (for once) he ate all the fish fingers and nearly all the fries. :classic_happy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I agree about the “ Yorkies “. They look great!

Agreed !

They look good enough to dip in my pan of stew now the season is almost upon us .:classic_love:

Love to make a big one as they always taste better the day after and more so if you 

turn it into a curry😋

The slow cooker will be used more now the weathers cooling ,they are amazing but 

not very good with salads and before anyone says, yes I know you can have dumplings with a stew ,or a slice of bread, or a pancakes or chips but they still taste lovely don't they 😍😍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

We mainly drink green tea at home and use one of these as we find loose leaf much tastier than the teabags. This and a box of tea has travelled on many a cruise.

Stainless Steel Tea Infuser Sphere Locking Spice Tea Ball Strainer Mesh Infuser Tea Filter Strainers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

I always make tea in the teapot even with tea bags, but the younger members of the family always use a tea bag in their mug.

• Like 1

The scaffolding has just been removed following my roof repairs so i don't have to go on holiday with the scaffolding still in place which IMO is a security risk. I hope to travel next week and yet again my repeat prescription may be a problem. I have 5 medications and with all but one have plenty spare so I could wait until my return and then collect. The problem one is a beta blocker which runs out next Monday and I MUST have a supply. I have a 8 week repeat and it always repeats when i want to go on a cruise. I ordered the prescription last Tuesday and the practice now say allow 6 days to process. On top of this Boots now have more delay in filling the prescription. There seems to be no way of short circuiting the process. If I get the expected ready to collect text from Boots I can relax or otherwise I will have to go to the pharmacy on Friday and plead my case for those beta blockers.

5 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning everyone ,hope you are all good, for those who want to know what the weathers like please look out of your window now 😉

Seems that ships research is popular at the moment and I like to research too and love to watch the, up to date You Tube films. You can learn so much most of the time but then you get some who haven't got a clue what they are doing or in some cases what they are on about .

Some examples are they film themselves for 20 minutes whilst showing you around the ship, at least we know what they look like and they ask you to subscribe for other episodes of looking at their faces 😐 Turn the camera around  pleease !

Another one that cracks me up is when they tell us " we have 6 plugs in our cabin " whilst pointing at the electrical sockets ? On the internet you can be whoever you want, it’s strange so many people choose to be stupid, bless them.

Having said that there is some good stuff out there to watch 😊

I wonder what the weathers doing ? Off to look out the window ,so for now ,you all take care and have a good day :classic_love:

I wish there were more blogs with detail in. What plugs will we need to charge up the phones?.

UK 3 pin to USB plugs. UK to European, UK to US.took the lot.  Anthem has USB ports. 🤔 Not in any way cruise related. Thread is ' what are things like where you are". Sitting on the balcony in La Rochelle with 5G. Can't get that at home.😉

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I wish there were more blogs with detail in

American cruisers seem very keen on 'live from " blogs on the relevant boards,  usually accompanied by numerous photographs of varied quality and interest. ( I was especially taken by a photo of a UK portaloo recently posted on the Princess board)

Sometimes I do wonder if they actually have any time left over to enjoy the cruise itself. 

• Haha 1

Decided to head up to Truro this morning on a shopping trip as I need new shoes and other bits and pieces for our holiday Was surprised at how quiet it was up there, although that could be because it was raining! Needless to say that the sun decided to come out on the way home. My trip was a bit of a wasted journey. I couldn't find any shoes I liked in my size, Boots didn't have anything I wanted in stock, the only plus was that I got some buttons and cotton in the market, but forgot I also needed tailor's chalk!

Called in at Tescos on the way back which took longer that I expected as they had moved everything around. Why do they have to do that😖, it is so annoying! 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, wowzz said:

American cruisers seem very keen on 'live from " blogs on the relevant boards,  usually accompanied by numerous photographs of varied quality and interest. ( I was especially taken by a photo of a UK portaloo recently posted on the Princess board)

Sometimes I do wonder if they actually have any time left over to enjoy the cruise itself. 

It always amuses us when folk wander around with their selfie stick. They record all the things they missed so they can watch them when they get back to Idaho.

8 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Decided to head up to Truro this morning on a shopping trip as I need new shoes and other bits and pieces for our holiday Was surprised at how quiet it was up there, although that could be because it was raining! Needless to say that the sun decided to come out on the way home. My trip was a bit of a wasted journey. I couldn't find any shoes I liked in my size, Boots didn't have anything I wanted in stock, the only plus was that I got some buttons and cotton in the market, but forgot I also needed tailor's chalk!

Called in at Tescos on the way back which took longer that I expected as they had moved everything around. Why do they have to do that😖, it is so annoying! 

A long, long time ago, when I lived in Truro as a young teenager (a really nice little city to grow up in - though the summer school holidays were spent mainly on the coast, by bike, with school friends) there was an ironmongers by the name of Mallet’s on the main street, along with Mutton’s the butchers. Loved that!

Not still there, are they?