P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

Hoping all goes well tomorrow Josy. Received an invite to book my booster last night, booked at the local drs this time for next Thursday. Slightly surprised to receive it yet as only 51, wondering if they’ve decided to give asthmatics earlier this time in line with the flu jab? Been out for brunch as dh is on his hols this week, made a nice change. 

Asthmatics are considered to be vulnerable  because covid can affect them particularly badly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Yes, we wimped out and left a week.  I think I remember reading that some clinics were offering both jabs on the same day - one in each arm 😳. Imagine if you got a strong painful arm reaction to both, at the same time - very uncomfortable for a day or two

That's what I did last time, flu in left arm an covid in right arm, it is OK until you go to bed unless you sleep on your back.  I couldn't sleep because I kept waking up because my arm hurt because sleep on my side.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I managed get my booster before I came home so I  am fully up to date again.  It was absolutely manic because 911 had us on their site as a walking clinic, which was not correct but we manged to get them all through but I am absolutely shattered now.  It was nice having mainly older people because that are not as rude as the younger ones, we just had one person whingeing about the NHS's inability to organise anything, he didn't have an appointment but saw the sign outside directing people to the vaccine clinic so decided that he would just come in.  I really have to bite my to tongue not to respond.

That is me done until next week because I am only available on Tuesdays at the moment because of other commitments. 

Good luck and best wishes for a painless vaccination for everyone who is planning to get boosted.

Thanks yet again, Josy, for all you and the other volunteers have done for everyone.

Without your valiant efforts, despite the complaining ones, who knows how many more people would have died or suffered serious illness. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

So that people don't miss their favourite programmes the following BBC 1 and 2 schedules have been released, understandably I guess these could change again. Of particular interest to us is 'Celebrity' Masterchef and Strictly.

BBC SCHEDULE CHANGES: 15-23 SEPTEMBER 2022 (tvzoneuk.com)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Today is my first day back in the local pharmacy as a covid vaccine volunteer, at least it will keep my mind occupied so that I don't keep thinking about my check-up at the hospital tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone.

Josy, you are doing an amazing job again - thank you so much

Hope all goes well at the hospital tomorrow 

Michelle

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Got our flu jabs booked be can’t book our booster jabs yet, I will be on it as soon as I can.

Hope you all feel ok after ur injections

Michelle

It is strange, we can get booster jabs but not flu yet. I will be get flu jab so soon as it is available to us.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It is strange, we can get booster jabs but not flu yet. I will be get flu jab so soon as it is available to us.

We didn't get our full quota of boosters today and had to turn walk ins away. We are booked for flu jabs next week. I think it will work out like the first rounds of jabs where some are lucky and some not so depending on supply.

• Like 1

I had a letter inviting me to our GP's walk in vaccination clinic for my booster and flu jabs at the beginning of August and was surprised as I'm 65. I think that my surgery has pushed me up the vulnerability ladder  as I have been offered the vaccines just 3 weeks after my husband who is a fair bit older. 

Hope all goes well tomorrow Josy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Asthmatics are considered to be vulnerable  because covid can affect them particularly badly.

They decided fairly early on not to prioritise asthmatics as not particularly bad for them.  I am asthmatic and have no priority for covid jabs, but used to get the flu jab, even before I was in the older age group.

• Like 3

Wife looked online yesterday to book a covid jab but closest place is 10 miles away even though locally we have 80,000 and 20,000 towns a few miles away, she'll leave it for now.  All of the mass vaccination centres have not reopened near to us. I'm below the current 'call up' age but I think that I'll delay getting it until mid/late November to get max protection during the winter months for Christmas and our early 2023 land/sea tour of South America. My 88yo MIL booked locally in a small pharmacy last week but is all that seems available locally but even that doesn't show for my wife to book this week.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, gadabout60 said:

Last December I got my flu jab and my booster in the same arm at the same time.
we could choose one arm or both arms but I thought I’d like to keep one arm “good” We Scots are made of strong stuff!

Still  waiting on dates for this year.

Yes me too - had both done on Monday - said I’d rather have one sore arm than two!  

• Like 1

Very excited today. We are flying to Malta at 6.10 tomorrow morning to join Azura for two weeks. COVID tests yesterday were both negative (thank goodness). All P&O paperwork sorted and printed off. A day of packing ahead of us today, taxi pick up tomorrow at 02.15!!!

We have never flown so early but at least we get an afternoon in Malta before we sail.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

Very excited today. We are flying to Malta at 6.10 tomorrow morning to join Azura for two weeks. COVID tests yesterday were both negative (thank goodness). All P&O paperwork sorted and printed off. A day of packing ahead of us today, taxi pick up tomorrow at 02.15!!!

We have never flown so early but at least we get an afternoon in Malta before we sail.

Hope you have a lovely time.   I’d love to know how your trip goes - I’m on Azura in November so very interested to know how things are on board!  😎

Have a lovely time.

My last day at work before we head of on our holiday at the weekend.

• Like 3

I would be very excited too!! Hope you have a lovely holiday. 

I have recently booked Azura for Feb 23 so I would be interested to know what you think about her

Michelle

Have a great cruise. We are considering that for next September, so look forward to a few reports, if you have time.

1 hour ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Hope you have a lovely time.   I’d love to know how your trip goes - I’m on Azura in November so very interested to know how things are on board!  😎

We have been on Azura a few times and love her. The last one was pre-COVID.  I do know there have been a few bad reports about her recently but we will see for ourselves and report back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I would be very excited too!! Hope you have a lovely holiday. 

I have recently booked Azura for Feb 23 so I would be interested to know what you think about her

Michelle

Will do Michelle. We are on Iona in Feb, first time for us.

7 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Wife looked online yesterday to book a covid jab but closest place is 10 miles away even though locally we have 80,000 and 20,000 towns a few miles away, she'll leave it for now.  All of the mass vaccination centres have not reopened near to us. I'm below the current 'call up' age but I think that I'll delay getting it until mid/late November to get max protection during the winter months for Christmas and our early 2023 land/sea tour of South America. My 88yo MIL booked locally in a small pharmacy last week but is all that seems available locally but even that doesn't show for my wife to book this week.

We have not been called by our local surgery, but heard all those 65 and above could book on Monday night.  We then found we could do that direct with the NHS and could book into a centre about five miles away.  There were a couple of other options within reach, which is better than the mass centres that were used previously as they were more like an hour away.

We are glad to be booked as we cruise in a couple of weeks, but agree we would have left it a while if we had a cruise booked later in the winter.

• Like 2

Ive just booked online for myself and husband at a local pharmacy for our autumn booster for this Saturday afternoon,  we join Britannia on 2/10. I thought we probably wouldn't have had our boosters by our GP practice by this date so I was grateful to read on here that over 65's could now book online so Thank you for posting this info' much appreciated  xx