P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

16 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I finally admitted defeat this afternoon  I know that the weather was bad but it isn't my fault that people had to come for their vaccine in the rain.  I was so fed up of people complaining that they had had to come out in the rain for their vaccine appointment and yelling because we don't  have have a selection of vaccines for them to choose from that when DH came in for his jab I gave him my car keys and told him to sit in the car for 10 minutes then I finished booking in the people already in the queue and put my coat on and came home early.  I am seriously thinking of giving up the vaccine volunteering, the moaning today was more than enough.

Sorry to hear that some selfish individuals are abusing NHS staff & volunteers, I don’t know why but this type of abuse appears to have increased over the last few years. I volunteer at a heritage site and we have received abuse from visitors who ignore notices not to climb on walls etc and get told not to by a volunteer.

I am due to have my 2nd booster tomorrow, although I have a start of a cold I think so may postpone once I can find out whether or not it’s OK to have the jab with a cold. 

• Like 1

Done optional covid tests, both neg.  Cases packed and both had hair cuts this morning.  Just need to get some jewelry out and head to our overnight hotel.  Will update on Azura if I have WiFi - we will not be paying for it on the ship 🙂

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, tring said:

Done optional covid tests, both neg.  Cases packed and both had hair cuts this morning.  Just need to get some jewelry out and head to our overnight hotel.  Will update on Azura if I have WiFi - we will not be paying for it on the ship 🙂

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, tring said:

Have a great holiday, we are on her in February 

Michelle

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, tring said:

Have a great time. We go on Britannia Friday, so will leave the test a couple of days.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tring said:

Have a lovely cruise and I look forward to reading all about it.

Avril

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Kalos.

BP borderline but normal when I took a reading when I got home.

Could be what they call white coat syndrome ? Some people get higher readings when 

they go to the doc's .

I've just done mine 118/77 -58HB but some days I can be all over the place, that's what HF does to you. You take care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Could be what they call white coat syndrome ? Some people get higher readings when 

they go to the doc's .

I've just done mine 118/77 -58HB but some days I can be all over the place, that's what HF does to you. You take care.

Good reading kalos, excellent in fact. I have white coat syndrome and I do my readings at home and register then at the surgery for that reason. at the surgery my readings are around 203/114😲. At home an average of 148/80, I know it's not too good, but it's as good as it gets even on medication.

Avril

Just taken it now. 134/72. Must be a good day😊

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good reading kalos, excellent in fact. I have white coat syndrome and I do my readings at home and register then at the surgery for that reason. at the surgery my readings are around 203/114😲. At home an average of 148/80, I know it's not too good, but it's as good as it gets even on medication.

Avril

Just taken it now. 134/72. Must be a good day😊

I’m exactly the same Avril (as was my Mum). Everyone tells me to relax and think nice calm thoughts when having the reading done at the surgery - but it makes no difference. I also find the cuff expansion really painful. 

• Like 2

Had my covid / flu jags today. The arm with the flu one is stumming! Glad to get them done though. No queue and the actual injections were quick, in and out in no time after all the questions.

Blood pressure changes depending on the time of the day and is also affected by digestion. Some people get postural hypotension after eating as pressure reduces with digestion. For those with higher BP and white coat syndrome - eat just before your BP test and you may get a more normal result.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I’m exactly the same Avril (as was my Mum). Everyone tells me to relax and think nice calm thoughts when having the reading done at the surgery - but it makes no difference. I also find the cuff expansion really painful. 

Some doctors say there is no such thing as white coat syndrome. Luckily for me my doctor is also a sufferer, strange I know. I use a wrist monitor, it's much more comfortable. My doctor told me to take my blood pressure weekly and if it is high and stays consistently high  for 4 weeks to contact her, fortunately I've not have to do it, and once a year I send in my readings. It works well for me as it's more comfortable and less stressful at home.

Avril

• Like 5

I’ve got my second booster on Friday. Don’t particularly want it as I’ve been poorly after the other ones but hey ho. Things you have to do to be insured for these holidays. Both kids are now fully vaccinated. Not sure where to get the flu one I need from though - will have to google. 

Countdown for next holiday 23 days eek 😬 

So so poorly these last few days, nearly went to a&e at 1am this morning but managed to ride it out. I’m now quite drugged up but can still feel the pain, luckily have 5 more days off work. 

Hope everyone is having a good day 

look forward to reading about the azura and Britannia holidays you guys are going on this next week. 

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Some doctors say there is no such thing as white coat syndrome. Luckily for me my doctor is also a sufferer, strange I know. I use a wrist monitor, it's much more comfortable. My doctor told me to take my blood pressure weekly and if it is high and stays consistently high  for 4 weeks to contact her, fortunately I've not have to do it, and once a year I send in my readings. It works well for me as it's more comfortable and less stressful at home.

Avril

I shall look into the wrist monitor. Didn’t know they existed. Thanks Avril.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I shall look into the wrist monitor. Didn’t know they existed. Thanks Avril.

I have an 'Omron' wrist monitor, it was recomended by the doctor as one of most accurate. I bought mine years ago from Boot's, but you can buy them now from Amazon and they are a good price too. 

Avril

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I have an 'Omron' wrist monitor, it was recomended by the doctor as one of most accurate. I bought mine years ago from Boot's, but you can buy them now from Amazon and they are a good price too. 

Avril

Just put an Omron wrist monitor into my Amazon basket. 👏

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tring said:

Have a great cruise.

• Like 2