P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning, everyone from a wet and windy Cornwall!

I hope you have all weathered the storm without any damage.

I'm off to Exeter shortly for a visit to a craft fair, so hopefully the roads won't be too bad. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend and stay safe.

Pam 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We got an email this morning saying that our next Aurora cruise will have meals supplemented in the MDR, prawns, beef wellington £2 Lobster £3 and £1 for an extra portion of ice cream with a sweet. 

Is the gruel free?

Edited by brian1
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We got an email this morning saying that our next Aurora cruise will have meals supplemented in the MDR, prawns, beef wellington £2 Lobster £3 and £1 for an extra portion of ice cream with a sweet. 

Bl**dy 'ell, I was halfway through reading this to my husband before I realised the date 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

46 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Don't go giving P&O ideas Phil... 😂

I knew it was a joke as I'm sure the supplements would be much higher... 

Andy 

• Haha 12

Morning ,hope everyone is feeling good on this day 1st of April 🙃

But is it ? How do we know that March does not have 32 days ?

Trust no one ,I got a final demand for the electric bill this morning ,nice try I put it in the bin 

with the others as I know they will write again .

I once thought chiropractors were a big hoax, but I do stand corrected.

They don't catch me out that easy . Once in London as I was walking along a guy came up

to me and asked " What's the best way to get to Selfridges ?" So I  told him to open an

E-Bay account and put plenty of pictures of them on it 😉

Have good day 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

24 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

I like that one they put on their P&O website on certain cruises .

For select you give them a further £800 and as way of thank you they will give you 

£360 back to spend as onboard credit 🤔

I wouldn't mind but the cruise is not even in April !

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

prawns, beef wellington £2 Lobster £3 and £1 for an extra portion of ice cream with a sweet. 

OK.. I always say I won't fall for it.  I called OH  in disgust before I realised.  I was  up in arms🤣😆

Oh no.. he'll live off that all day  and will keep reminding me.  Thank you!!!!  xxx 

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

It's double with the Gary Barlow crockery.

• Haha 3

Morning all.

Well our grandson's wedding went beautifully yesterday, despite the dreary damp weather. The usual hiccups occured, David forgetting his name and the ring not going on easily, but it was all to be expected. We didn't go to the reception afterwards as Frank was struggling with his back and hips, but he was determined to go to the wedding regardless. They've sent us plenty of photos and videos, so we didn't miss out. They fly to Cyprus tomorrow for their honeymoon. 

I can't help but recall a long conversation I had with him some 15 years ago when all his friends were getting married and he thought he would never find anyone. I told him then that he would have to patient, that the right one is out there. Now some of his friends are into their second marriages and he, at 38 has married for the first time, and I have never seen him happier. He took me to one side and said 'I'm glad I listened to you Gran, and waited until I was certain'.

Avril

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning all.

Well our grandson's wedding went beautifully yesterday, despite the dreary damp weather. The usual hiccups occured, David forgetting his name and the ring not going on easily, but it was all to be expected. We didn't go to the reception afterwards as Frank was struggling with his back and hips, but he was determined to go to the wedding regardless. They've sent us plenty of photos and videos, so we didn't miss out. They fly to Cyprus tomorrow for their honeymoon. 

I can't help but recall a long conversation I had with him some 15 years ago when all his friends were getting married and he thought he would never find anyone. I told him then that he would have to patient, that the right one is out there. Now some of his friends are into their second marriages and he, at 38 has married for the first time, and I have never seen him happier. He took me to one side and said 'I'm glad I listened to you Gran, and waited until I was certain'.

Avril

Best wishes to your grandson and his lovely bride Avril.

congratulations.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning all.

Avril

What a lovely post Avril. A day full of love and happiness is a gift - as were your wise words to David. Many congratulations to you all. Jane xxxx

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Safely back now I see - I hope the trip was OK and that you have a good onward journey home.

We self-disembarked at 6.30, drove off at 7.50 and were home in West Lancs for 10.35 - a record for us.  And yes, the cruise was good thanks, but we belong to the ‘never had a bad one’ group.  The Captain told us that the ship had behaved magnificently as it always does during the ‘challenging’ (Bay of Biscay) conditions, and that it would begin to calm by mid afternoon yesterday, which it did.  Stugeron (and staying midship) kept me well as you predicted Harry 👍

There was much to admire about the ship, but it’s not for us, so we are very unlikely to sail on Iona again, but it delivered the winter sun we wanted in comfort and without the need to trouble an airport - result! 😄

• Like 19

Because I fell for Brian's one when my daughter said she had bought some miniature goats etc I didn't fall for it again!  I  love the one about West Ham and Gunners badge.

I had 120 seedings to plant, time is marching on but the weather hasn't been kind.  Anyway OH said why didn't I just do half an hour.  Love him, he prepared everything and I wrapped up.  I didn't want to do it but once I got into it I didn't want to stop and did them all.   A nice hot drink now called for.

Its so frustrating now with my mobility I can't arrange things and get stuff out of the shed, but there is always an upside.  I can't clear and sweep up either!🤣

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 9
  • Haha 3

I know this isn't the correct thread,  but out of interest, the queue for CPS  parking at Mayflower today, was horrendous. I used Parking4cruises,  and was in and out in five minutes,  but the queue for CPS was at least 60 cars long. Admittedly this was right when boarding started, so I suppose the lesson is not to turn up early with CPS. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning all.

Avril

Avril, that sounds like our son’s wedding the December before last in so many ways. A couple of years younger, but a very contented bachelor who’d just never found the right long term partner. And the ring didn’t go on easily.

Covid changed all that. Online dating, the perfect partner, meals cooked and eaten together via Zoom, just one meeting before lockdowns hit, but so very right for both of them. Nightmare house hunting in Derbyshire for a location they could both get to work from, at the worst possible time, then the wedding just afterwards, and now a baby son. What a change in lifestyle for a man who swore he’d never have children or a dog. The dog’s on the way as soon as it’s safe!

I couldn’t go to the wedding for health reasons unfortunately (saw them outside after the ceremony though) but my wife did and isolated afterwards with our daughter and her family until Boxing Day.  Absolutely made 2021, despite all the other stuff going on.  And little Alex has made 2023, despite a horrendous delivery which went very badly wrong. He’s fine, and so is his Mum - now.

• Like 16

27 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Avril, that sounds like our son’s wedding the December before last in so many ways. A couple of years younger, but a very contented bachelor who’d just never found the right long term partner. And the ring didn’t go on easily.

Covid changed all that. Online dating, the perfect partner, meals cooked and eaten together via Zoom, just one meeting before lockdowns hit, but so very right for both of them. Nightmare house hunting in Derbyshire for a location they could both get to work from, at the worst possible time, then the wedding just afterwards, and now a baby son. What a change in lifestyle for a man who swore he’d never have children or a dog. The dog’s on the way as soon as it’s safe!

I couldn’t go to the wedding for health reasons unfortunately (saw them outside after the ceremony though) but my wife did and isolated afterwards with our daughter and her family until Boxing Day.  Absolutely made 2021, despite all the other stuff going on.  And little Alex has made 2023, despite a horrendous delivery which went very badly wrong. He’s fine, and so is his Mum - now.

When we get through all the crap that life can throw at us ,things like this for you and Avril 

and the rest of us come to that ..Makes life so wonderful 😍

• Like 14

49 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

The course of true love never runs smoothly, so the saying goes. 

You know Harry, you have me thinking about age, and I was half David's age when I got married. I was 3 months shy of my 18th birthday and Frank was 19. It's strange now that I think about it and the advice I gave to David. Which means even though the right one is out there, some are lucky and find the right one sooner.

Avril

• Like 7