P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, mrsgoggins said:

Lovely morning here in West Lancashire. An uplifting feel to the day. I was inspired to take a photo from my living room window, so apologies if it turns out upside down or, worse still, huge!

278204B1-FDD0-4276-B68B-8621CA7E96B8.jpeg

Is that a garden or a country estate. Looks lovely.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Lovely morning here in West Lancashire. An uplifting feel to the day. I was inspired to take a photo from my living room window, so apologies if it turns out upside down or, worse still, huge!

What a gorgeous outlook………

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

That is a fantastic view.

0°C with ice on my car windscreen I had to clear when I took Pauline to work this morning.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That is a fantastic view.

0°C with ice on my car windscreen when I took Pauline to work this morning.

On my windscreen too. I took my elderly neighbour to her coach pick-up point at 7.30 am but DH kindly provided what he refers to as my ‘Princess service’ 😄.  He puts a heater inside to defrost 10 minutes before I set off; he’s definitely a keeper!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

9c today and chucking it down all night and the rest of the day.It was 27c 2 days ago,lol.So variable this time of year.

Lovely weather here as we prepare paperwork to visit our son in the USA in a few weeks time.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I’ve always rated her as an actor (but not enough to watch Corrie again) and saw her twice in one woman shows in the West End. The first time was as Joyce Grenfell and the second as Florence Foster Jenkins - years before the film with Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant came out.

I think the comedy label comes from her BT ads - ‘an ‘ology, he’s got an ‘ology?’ 😁

Currently performing another one-woman show, "Rose" in London. I saw it on TV a while back, brilliant.

• Like 2

When I went out to the car this morning it was iced over and the car was showing the 

ice warning and 1.c .

I had to get it warmed up as I was going for some blood tests just after 9am.

Had them done but am now a fully paid up member of the tight bleeders club !

First attempt the nurse got an odd trickle but then nowt ,nada, ziltch on the next

two attempts at stabbing me . So now rebooked in 2 weeks .That's the first time

that I have failed . Before anyone says drink plenty before ,I do and I did .

Only thing I can put it down to is the cold weather as slightest bit of cold and my 

hands arms get cold even though I wrap up warm .

I would be crap at being a blood donor ,that's for sure but I bet if I cut myself with

a knife, then I would need a box of plasters at the very least.

Never mind , hope you all have a good day .🙂

• Like 7

On 4/2/2023 at 1:52 PM, brian1 said:

Subtle change of topic.Palm Sunday today,the village church rammed, 

people standing outside watching in,the flower stall doing a roaring trade and everyone carrying these little palm posies around.Usual Sunday roast for us tonight.

This was my 'local' Palm Sunday Procession...

20230402_120753.jpg

20230402_120815.jpg

20230402_113839.jpg

20230402_114623.jpg

• Like 11

47 minutes ago, Britboys said:

This was my 'local' Palm Sunday Procession...

20230402_120753.jpg

20230402_120815.jpg

20230402_113839.jpg

20230402_114623.jpg

Alright smartarse,was that the fallen Madonna with the big boobies.The next town has a parade next week with a bloke carrying a cross and everything.Believe or not there's a bunch of blokes following, self flagellating,whatever turns you on.Google Easter procession Badolato,Calabria.Brian.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Alright smartarse,was that the fallen Madonna with the big boobies.The next town has a parade next week with a bloke carrying a cross and everything.Believe or not there's a bunch of blokes following, self flagellating,whatever turns you on.Google Easter procession Badolato,Calabria.Brian.

Has it always been like that or is it just since you arrived there Brian...🤔😀

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Lovely photo Mrs Goggins.

Here is the view from our house in Bolton. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else.

1708DEFE-3C80-4180-8F7E-AB6A43FA218F.jpeg

• Like 15

43 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Has it always been like that or is it just since you arrived there Brian...🤔😀

Yeah,I have a cross to bear.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Lovely photo Mrs Goggins.

Here is the view from our house in Bolton. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else.

1708DEFE-3C80-4180-8F7E-AB6A43FA218F.jpeg

Beautiful outlook you have there. I agree about not wanting to live anywhere else. I spent 18 years living in Harpenden, near St Albans, but always knew we’d be heading back ‘home’ in retirement despite being quite happy there. A trip out to the glorious Trough of Bowland beckons soon - one of Lancashire’s little-known gems 😊

27 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Beautiful outlook you have there. I agree about not wanting to live anywhere else. I spent 18 years living in Harpenden, near St Albans, but always knew we’d be heading back ‘home’ in retirement despite being quite happy there. A trip out to the glorious Trough of Bowland beckons soon - one of Lancashire’s little-known gems 😊

It’s a long time since we went to the Trough of Bowland, but I remember the beauty of it. You are very lucky to live so near.

A lovely day, temperature on my patio at 0800 was 0c, at 1230 it was 22c 😁

Plenty of garden jobs finished and then onto my lounger from 1300 until 1700. Clear blue sky, bliss, as was my afternoon G&T. Forecast is same again tomorrow !

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

A lovely day, temperature on my patio at 0800 was 0c, at 1230 it was 22c 😁

Plenty of garden jobs finished and then onto my lounger from 1300 until 1700. Clear blue sky, bliss, as was my afternoon G&T. Forecast is same again tomorrow !

22 degrees. Paddling pond and bathing suite weather!

We sat out in the garden enjoying the sun and balmy 10 degrees. As we are now in double figures the cut offs are on (but with a light fleece on the top half)

Enjoy your hot day tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1