P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

My mrs has prepared a lovely meal tonight and our American neighbours have invited us for drinks again.The problem is he's a bit of a lightweight,he was stumbling around and dropping ice everywhere after a few limoncellos.He was round ours last week and after 6 Heinekens he was crying  he missed his job after retiring last year designing radar systems and saving the company 30 million bucks bla bla.He's invited a quite posh English lady over the road and an Italian lady in our complex.We don't want to witness a cringefest.Are we being unsociable or not guys,they've only given us 2 hours notice,

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, brian1 said:

My mrs has prepared a lovely meal tonight and our American neighbours have invited us for drinks again.The problem is he's a bit of a lightweight,he was stumbling around and dropping ice everywhere after a few limoncellos.He was round ours last week and after 6 Heinekens he was crying  he missed his job after retiring last year designing radar systems and saving the company 30 million bucks bla bla.He's invited a quite posh English lady over the road and an Italian lady in our complex.We don't want to witness a cringefest.Are we being unsociable or not guys,they've only given us 2 hours notice,

Why not put your West Ham top on Brian and blow a few bubbles.

Liking your photos and pleased you are both having a great time.

Graham.

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Why not put your West Ham top on Brian and blow a few bubbles.

Liking your photos and pleased you are both having a great time.

Graham.

I expected that from Kalos Graham,not from a sensible guy like you,lol.

• Haha 11

24 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Oh God what a bore Brian. The yank sounds tedious and a bit me me me. The fact that Mrs Brian has prepared a lovely meal for you both tonight, and the fact that you obviously don't want to go means there's only one answer - the word "NO". I used to be a complete wimp a few years ago - a people pleaser - and always agreeing to do things, go places I really had no interest in. Then I discovered the power of No. You're not being antisocial; you're just doing what you want to do. Jane xxx

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

OR Brian, you could tell him you've developed a very sudden and devastating dose of Leprosy and you don't want to drip lumps of rotting pus- filled flesh into his Heinekens  - worth a try? xx

LOVE that one, Jane! Did you get that a lot in your practice? 

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, brian1 said:

You can’t go, can you Brian - though it has to be comedy gold, properly played, so I’d be sorely tempted. Jane’s got the best idea, but how about a face mask to the groin area and a plea of insanity?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

LOVE that one, Jane! Did you get that a lot in your practice? 

Not Leprosy Harry but I did have to do a clean-up after some pretty ghastly leg ulcers on occasion. Being a PM wasn't all glamour you know! Jane xxx

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry to drag an old topic up, but my oven has died on me. Grill still works but fan oven not, suspect the element has gone and even though a new element costs about £15 access to it seems a nightmare. I know that several of you recently extolled the virtues of air fryers on here and wondered if someone could remind me of their recommendations. Thank you in hungry anticipation!

12 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

Sorry to drag an old topic up, but my oven has died on me. Grill still works but fan oven not, suspect the element has gone and even though a new element costs about £15 access to it seems a nightmare. I know that several of you recently extolled the virtues of air fryers on here and wondered if someone could remind me of their recommendations. Thank you in hungry anticipation!

I suspect we’d all have different recommendations because there are so many types of air fryer, but this might be a good starting point to help decide which sort would suit you best:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/review/best-air-fryers

Oh Brian I think I would say you already have your evening planned so you’ll have to leave it for tonight!

I don’t avoid putting washing out on religious holidays, just wasn’t made aware of it growing up.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

I can only report on the one I know and that is a Ninja. Probably one of the more expensive ones but excellent. Grills, roasts, bakes, fries, heats up and dehydrates, depending on the model. 

36 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

19 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I can only report on the one I know and that is a Ninja. Probably one of the more expensive ones but excellent. Grills, roasts, bakes, fries, heats up and dehydrates, depending on the model. 

We have a Ninja 15. Does everything. We rarely use the oven or hob now. Just the Ninja and microwave. 

1 hour ago, Grandad John said:

Another air fryer fan here, there isn't much you cannot cook in the air fryer, just need to experiment a bit with times and temp as they cook considerably quicker than conventional ovens. With your proximity to Junction 32 it may be worth a visit to the Tefal shop as they have a fair range at good prices. One of the assistants is well versed on their uses if he is working.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Brian. I am sure that you're experience on cc has prepared you well for difficult guests. Just tell them about West Ham.🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grandad John said:

Thank you all for your feedback. As I live on my own, and having searched the internet it would seem the Ninja AF160 UK is a very strong candidate. Anyone had any experience if this model?

Never seen her. What Web site did you......never mind,  better not go there.🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Went to Kent Life today with our son and family, Joshua enjoyed the animals there and the land train ride we had. Lovely day, good to be outside in the sunshine.

1502E581-D2BF-4BFD-98BC-FFD4A2B00026.jpeg

I see the diet is working well Sue.😁

• Haha 2

Morning all,thanks for all the"useful" advise.We didn't go and saw him walk to the gate to wave his guests off,he seemed quite stable,perhaps we are the bad influence.He's not a bad bloke,we have a laugh most of the time.Some people do spring things on you with little notice,no worries,Brian.

• Like 7