P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Food looks lovely, Brian, and of course your friends, being from Lincs.,  are just as good looking as your good self and the lady wife.

Thanks LL,I do preen myself quite often.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Wowzz what is going on, please don't tell me that the Princess experience is going downhill, what about the wonderful Medallion system is it not working properly?

Not going down, has gone down.  The Medallion system is OK.

We walked out of the dining room at breakfast yesterday because we had ordered and were still waiting for our food 40 minutes later.

On Sunday I was hit by a a slice of toast that a child on the next table threw.

If we had not already paid for our next cruise we would cancel and lose the deposit.  I am hoping that it will be better because hopefully going to Norway outside school holidays will mean less children running wild.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Not going down, has gone down.  The Medallion system is OK.

We walked out of the dining room at breakfast yesterday because we had ordered and were still waiting for our food 40 minutes later.

On Sunday I was hit by a a slice of toast that a child on the next table threw.

If we had not already paid for our next cruise we would cancel and lose the deposit.  I am hoping that it will be better because hopefully going to Norway outside school holidays will mean less children running wild.

Sounds as though things are not going well. I hope that the rest of the cruise experience is much better. I think the best thing is to cruise outside school holidays if you are able or pay more and go child-free. Clearly some parents need to take greater responsibility of their offspring to ensure they behave in a decent manner and not run wild spoiling things for others.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Wowzz what is going on, please don't tell me that the Princess experience is going downhill, what about the wonderful Medallion system is it not working properly?

To be fair, nothing to do with the Medallion, which at the end of the day is only a glorified cruise card.

For some reason, last night the service seemed to go into meltdown - previously the service has been good to excellent.

The restaurant manager has already phoned us to apologize, and is going to look after us specially when we eat in the MDR tomorrow night.

I actually think that the fact that our complaint has been taken seriously, and that we have received a personal apology, is to the credit of Princess.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I am hoping that it will be better because hopefully going to Norway outside school holidays will mean less children running wild.

My wife is only barely talking to me, because I booked this cruise without checking the dates of the Easter Holidays! 

Most of the children onboard are fine, but some are virtually feral.

But, we are looking forward to being back on Sky in July, going to the Baltics - hopefully much fewer children onboard then.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

My wife is only barely talking to me, because I booked this cruise without checking the dates of the Easter Holidays! 

Most of the children onboard are fine, but some are virtually feral.

But, we are looking forward to being back on Sky in July, going to the Baltics - hopefully much fewer children onboard then.

I’ve always been pretty happy with Princess so it was a little concerning to have 2 of you report poor service. Let’s hope it was a blip in an otherwise good cruise.

See you on board in July 👍

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To be fair, nothing to do with the Medallion, which at the end of the day is only a glorified cruise card.

For some reason, last night the service seemed to go into meltdown - previously the service has been good to excellent.

The restaurant manager has already phoned us to apologize, and is going to look after us specially when we eat in the MDR tomorrow night.

I actually think that the fact that our complaint has been taken seriously, and that we have received a personal apology, is to the credit of Princess.

No indication that they are offering you a free dinner in one of the upmarket speciality restaurants, as compensation then. We were treated to a free Japanese hibashii meal on RCIs  Independence in 2019 after merely commenting that we had less than their usual stellar service in the Sorrento pizza restaurant.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

No indication that they are offering you a free dinner in one of the upmarket speciality restaurants, as compensation then. We were treated to a free Japanese hibashii meal on RCIs  Independence in 2019 after merely commenting that we had less than their usual stellar service in the Sorrento pizza restaurant.

We'll wait and see.

Personally, I know that things can go awry, and a personal apology is all that is required. Anything else is nice, but unnecessary.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

We'll wait and see.

Personally, I know that things can go awry, and a personal apology is all that is required. Anything else is nice, but unnecessary.

A nice bottle of wine delivered to your table is the minimum they should do imo.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

We'll wait and see.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

A nice bottle of wine delivered to your table is the minimum they should do imo.

Do you think you would get any acknowledgment from P&O in the same circumstances?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Do you think you would get any acknowledgment from P&O in the same circumstances?

Personally yes.

On Azura our tour bus was 30 minutes late picking us up in Puerto de la Cruz.

We complained and got a complimentary bottle of wine in the Glass house.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

25 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

On our last cruise a steward that was working cleaning a cabin above our balcony threw a part bucket of liquid over just missing the Mrs but wetting the balcony .

I phoned reception and they sent head of house keeping who told me it was only fresh water and the steward sent his apologies to us. To us that was the matter closed but within about 15 minutes a big bunch of flowers were sent to my wife .

We wanted nothing but P&O were more than decent about it .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 14

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

On our last cruise a steward that was working cleaning a cabin above our balcony threw a part bucket of liquid over just missing the Mrs but wetting the balcony .

I phoned reception and they sent head of house keeping who told me it was only fresh water and the steward sent his apologies to us. To us that was the matter closed but within about 15 minutes a big bunch of flowers were sent to my wife .

Shame they didn't bring the flowers before they supplied the water to keep them in.

• Haha 16

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Personally yes.

On Azura our tour bus was 30 minutes late picking us up in Puerto de la Cruz.

We complained and got a complimentary bottle of wine in the Glass house.

Yes, we also had a positive response when we contacted guest services about a gurgling sound in our bathroom on Iona.

They asked what time we were going for dinner and would fix it then.

When we returned to the cabin later that evening, the problem was fixed and there was 6 beers left for us. The deck manager also followed up with us the next morning.

Superb customer service. 

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, kalos said:

Perhaps the flowers were supposed to go in the bucket of water.

Ps if spell check keeps changing water to waywar,I will get a bottle of whine as compostation.

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

Weather has been strange today.

Sunny then rain then sunny and raining now.

Pauline made us chicken salads that we ate overlooking the sea.

IMG_20230412_170945.jpg

Lovely sunny day in Valetta. Forecast for the next week on Azura looks good.

• Like 8

Lovely sunny morning here but still breezy 9c. I hope that it stays that way and we avoid any showers because even though I only cut the lawns 9 days ago they really need another cut. I’ve also been neglecting my walking exercising the last few days due to the stormy weather so I must fit that in as well.

• Like 4

All good things come to an end --- we had to come home from Sorrento 😞

Excellent flight and we were very relieved that we had a good landing despite the high winds having had an aborted landing the last time we flew in Feb 2020.

Oh well, unpacking finished and time to write reviews and dream ......

Next stop Britannia. It will be interesting to see how we enjoy our first cruise since 2019 and how the service, food and experience compare to this land holiday.

• Like 19

13 hours ago, zap99 said:

Perhaps the flowers were supposed to go in the bucket of water.

Ps if spell check keeps changing water to waywar,I will get a bottle of whine as compostation.

Mast cretinly.😁

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
oops
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Mast cretinly.😁

Avril

A man sends a text to his next-door neighbour:

"Dave, I'm sorry. I've been riddled with guilt and I have to confess: I have been helping myself to your wife when you're not around, probably more than you if being truthful.

I know it's no excuse but I don't get it at home. I can't live with the guilt any longer. 

I hope you'll accept my sincerest apology. It won't happen again."

Feeling outrage and betrayed, Dave grabs his gun, goes into the bedroom, and without a word, shoots his wife.

Moments later the guy gets a second text:. . . . . .

"Sorry, I Really should use spell check! That should have read "Wi Fi ."🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 24