P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

33 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Pam - any luck with your phone calls yesterday?

Not a lot.  Rang consultant's sec and my name was on the MDT list for yesterday, but did get another number to ring which I did. They are going to e-mail a consultant and hopefully e-mail or ring me today🤞🤞

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We don't play with balls we have woods which are made of plastic 😇

This reminds me of the Fools and horses episode where they drop the chandelier, when Del and Rodders were first in the ballroom Del said to the snooty lady of the manor "I bet you have held some big balls in here" priceless

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Chaps and Chapesses ( probably not allowed to say that now but it's Friday and I don't care).

I do hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend. Josy is our new Olympian and well done to her for yesterday. Pam - any luck with your phone calls yesterday? Where's Kalos?

I really wish I could have gone on the Coronation Cruise and congrats to everyone who has booked. 

I need the sea so have booked for Southwold again; going next Friday for 10 days. I've booked a cottage with a massive TV so I can watch on Saturday and there is a big village green party on next Sunday for more celebrations. Apologies to everyone who doesn't care about the Coronation but I'm an unashamed royalist.

If there are still any Queen fans out there I can highly recommend "The Show Must Go On" - which follows the collaboration with Adam Lambert who has a stunning voice - on Netflix.

Best wishes to all as always. Jane xxx

Queen fan here.

I was also wondering where kalos was.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Chaps and Chapesses ( probably not allowed to say that now but it's Friday and I don't care).

I do hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend. Josy is our new Olympian and well done to her for yesterday. Pam - any luck with your phone calls yesterday? Where's Kalos?

I really wish I could have gone on the Coronation Cruise and congrats to everyone who has booked. 

I need the sea so have booked for Southwold again; going next Friday for 10 days. I've booked a cottage with a massive TV so I can watch on Saturday and there is a big village green party on next Sunday for more celebrations. Apologies to everyone who doesn't care about the Coronation but I'm an unashamed royalist.

If there are still any Queen fans out there I can highly recommend "The Show Must Go On" - which follows the collaboration with Adam Lambert who has a stunning voice - on Netflix.

I can't think of anything contentious that Kalos has posted so hopefully he is just away enjoying himself.

I am another royalist and would have liked to go on the Coronation cruise but we decided that a round trip to Southampton was a bit too far for just 5 days.

I always need the sea, my sister bought me a tote and umbrella that is printed with " I Need Vitamin Sea "

DH and I are both Queen fans and have watched "The Show Must Go On", a great show.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I’d also been thinking that we had not heard from @kalos for a week or so - but I wonder if he is away on holiday?

I shall be watching the Coronation, Jane and your break away in Southwold sounds lovely……

And yes, I think Adam Lambert is fab too. On the other end of the scale somewhat, I’ve booked to see Donny Osmond at the end of the year on his UK tour, so I shall be a teeny bopper again for a few hours 🤣🤣

@purplesea - I really hope you get an update today. The wait must be so frustrating for you.

Have a good weekend.

Gill x

Have a good weekend.

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I’d also been thinking that we had not heard from @kalos for a week or so - but I wonder if he is away on holiday?

I shall be watching the Coronation, Jane and your break away in Southwold sounds lovely……

And yes, I think Adam Lambert is fab too. On the other end of the scale somewhat, I’ve booked to see Donny Osmond at the end of the year on his UK tour, so I shall be a teeny bopper again for a few hours 🤣🤣

@purplesea - I really hope you get an update today. The wait must be so frustrating for you.

Have a good weekend.

Gill x

Have a good weekend.

Good Morning Gill

Adam is playing at The Royal Albert Hall in June - sold out of course but I'm on a wait list. Fingers crossed.

Now I must tell you a lovely story about Donny and The Osmonds. Too many years ago to remember, when I was at the college in Leicester Square, and was doing work experience at Harrods, we were all gathered together one night to ask for volunteers to come in at 8am on a Sunday (unheard of for a Sunday in those days), to help The Osmonds who were coming in for a private shop. Would I volunteer - yes please! Of course, word got out and by 7am there were hordes of teenage girls outside the entrance. It was a wonderful experience and The Osmonds were a sheer delight. Lovely lovely people. I hope you enjoy your concert and I'll be there with you in spirit.

Have a lovely weekend Gill. Jane xxx

• Like 16

Well, I have had a phone call, but am not further forward as my treatment is going to be discussed on Tuesday and then will get an appointment in 1-2 weeks.🙄

I am due to go on Arvia in 2 weeks, if I can get to Southampton with the train strikes! 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Southwold……..wonderful!  Doesn’t get much better than that, and that includes cruises and overseas holidays. A week away, I know, but have a really good, royally good, holiday.  [as he searches unsuccessfully for envy emoji]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Southwold……..wonderful!  Doesn’t get much better than that, and that includes cruises and overseas holidays. A week away, I know, but have a really good, royally good, holiday.  [as he searches unsuccessfully for envy emoji]

Thanks so much Harry. I'll raise a glass to you while I'm away.  Jane xx

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Beckett said:

Southwold sounds good and I hope you will have an amazing time Jane.

Father David is on a pilgrimage to Rome so there will be no sermons until May 21st.

We went out for dinner last night.

Graham x.

IMG_20230427_181554.jpg

IMG_20230427_183912.jpg

IMG_20230427_183905.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Well, I have had a phone call, but am not further forward as my treatment is going to be discussed on Tuesday and then will get an appointment in 1-2 weeks.🙄

I am due to go on Arvia in 2 weeks, if I can get to Southampton with the train strikes! 

Good luck on Tuesday Pam.

Prayers 🙏 you get positive news on your treatment and your appointment doesn't affect your Arvia cruise.

Good wishes always.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Southwold sounds good and I hope you will have an amazing time Jane.

Father David is on a pilgrimage to Rome so there will be no sermons until May 21st.

We went out for dinner last night.

Graham x.

IMG_20230427_181554.jpg

IMG_20230427_183912.jpg

IMG_20230427_183905.jpg

Thanks so much Graham, and for the message about Fr. David. Dinner last night looks delicious!  Have a lovely weekend both of you. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Have a good weekend.

Gill x

Have a good weekend.

April 21st Kalos reacted to a post on the Pub.

Let's hope Kalos who is one of our best liked posters is well and on a well deserved holiday.

Graham.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beckett said:

Thanks so much Graham, and for the message about Fr. David. Dinner last night looks delicious!  Have a lovely weekend both of you. Best wishes. Jane xx

Thank you Jane.

I hope you also have a lovely weekend.

Graham x.

• Thanks 1

Someone had a groom this week, someone didn’t like being clean, someone rolled in something unmentionable, someone had to have a bath and someone else had had to scrub the bath clean and now needs alcohol!!

DA72B4CF-85D3-44EB-8936-F420008F82F0.jpeg

• Haha 18

Just now, Angel57 said:

Someone had a groom this week, someone didn’t like being clean, someone rolled in something unmentionable, someone had to have a bath and someone else had had to scrub the bath clean and now needs alcohol!!

And a look of pure innocence throughout.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

You really shouldn't be giving the gorgeous doggy alcohol Angel 😊 (just kidding)

• Haha 13

25 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

What a cutie Gill.

• Like 4

It was Sisters Lunch today.  The restaurant chosen by my youngest sister was one which I usually avoid but there has been a change of management and the meal was surprisingly good so it back on the OK list.

I got home to one very annoyed husband, he had been cleaning the car and found a nail in one of the tyres so had to take it to get a new tyre fitted.  The size of tyre is not manufactured by my ex- employer so we could not get it replaced by them free of charge.  The new car on order will have tyres that can be replaced by ones that I get as a retiree from a tyre manufacturer.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

It was Sisters Lunch today.  The restaurant chosen by my youngest sister was one which I usually avoid but there has been a change of management and the meal was surprisingly good so it back on the OK list.

I got home to one very annoyed husband, he had been cleaning the car and found a nail in one of the tyres so had to take it to get a new tyre fitted.  The size of tyre is not manufactured by my ex- employer so we could not get it replaced by them free of charge.  The new car on order will have tyres that can be replaced by ones that I get as a retiree from a tyre manufacturer.

Let's hope it's gonna be a goodyear from now on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Have a good weekend.

Gill x

Have a good weekend.

I seem to recall Kalos saying he had received his new passport.

Hopefully he is sitting having a beer with his dear wife somewhere warm.

Graham.

• Like 13