P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I agree Gill.

I hope you are not in pain.

I have had 3 implants and Pauline 1.

The procedure was painless but the cost was Painful 😖

Graham.

Thanks Graham and you are right about the cost. About £5200 for the two implants and that does not include the extraction today (£350).

But hey ho, I’m otherwise healthy and that is the most important thing.

Gx

• Like 3

On the subject of Formula 1, seems to me we have had one team vastly superior to all the others for a few years now. Mercedes had their ‘golden age’ which Red Bull are now enjoying. Unfortunately I see no real end to the current situation for the foreseeable as Red Bull have even got the pitstops off to a fine art being consistently half a second faster than anybody else. For the record I don’t like Verstappen either, his squeaky voice makes me squirm. However I do respect the fact that he is an exceptional driver, but would love to see him and Lewis Hamilton going head to head on a more even footing.

• Like 5

I can confirm here at Glorious Goodwood not only is it raining cats and dogs, we can't see anything from the grandstand until the horses get to the furlong pole and that's through the fog. Glad I'm not driving today as I'll bet my last pound getting out of the car park is going to be a mudbath!

• Like 3

Just now, Megabear2 said:

I can confirm here at Glorious Goodwood not only is it raining cats and dogs, we can't see anything from the grandstand until the horses get to the furlong pole and that's through the fog. Glad I'm not driving today as I'll bet my last pound getting out of the car park is going to be a mudbath!

I feel for you, I'm watching on the tv and can see the conditions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Raining here in Dorset and pretty miserable.

Plus, I’ve just had two teeth out. Cannot believe the cost of a dental implant….. I could have a couple of cruises for that price and I know which I’d rather spend my money on!

I hope you are not in too much pain.

Take care.

Pam

• Like 1

Sun is now out but it is still very windy.

Have just booked another cruise for March. A transatlantic this time, coming back from Barbados on Arvia. So something to look forward to in the dark and dull days at the beginning of the year.☺️

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

On a totally different topic, I see that Lizzo has been accused of ‘fat shaming’ now Twiggy being accused of that I could just about get my head around, but Lizzo!!??

I have to confess that I had never heard of Lizzo until I saw the fat shaming item on the news.

• Like 1

Cummon Terrier John, are you telling me you’re not ‘down wiv the kids’? I recall when I reached my 75th birthday back in April telling my stepdaughter that it felt weird as I still thought of myself as being 25 in my head. Unfortunately it’s everything below my head that keeps reminding me I’m 75😩.

• Haha 14

32 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Oh what a shame. I used to live near Goodwood and it is indeed glorious- but not in this weather.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Oh what a shame. I used to live near Goodwood and it is indeed glorious- but not in this weather.

I'm here for the week!  We have a runner entered for Friday and Saturday so hope the weather gets better by then.  It's just started to bucket again as well.

Given up on the grandstand for now and retired to the lounge with a glass! I wondered if ICF was involved with the catering as he usually does these big events ... no doubt if he is this will be the best Goodwood ever!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

We have a runner entered for Friday and Saturday

Do we have a name to look out for in the runners ?

Please tell me it isn't called Lizzo  🙃 Will look out for it hope it runs like Paddington 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Please tell me it isn't called Lizzo  🙃 Will look out for it hope it runs like Paddington 🙂

As long as Lizzo isn't riding it.

I backed a horse at twenty to one and it was still running at five to two.

• Haha 16

I had presumed that Lizzo made a fuss because they weren't fat enough, since she rejoices in being huge herself so much.  Wouldn't want to sit next to her on a plane - I once watched a very very  large American woman waddling down the aisle, and sure enough she plonked next to me.  The worst bit was I could not avoid her touching me with her thighs and upper arms. Luckily only a 3 hour flight.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

Championship football starts on Friday night and I will be watching Stoke City on Saturday. I would hate you to miss the action by waiting until Sunday.

Thank you but I am only interested in watching my team Sunderland.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, kalos said:

His name is Dutch Decoy.  Currently holds entries on Friday or Saturday.  Coral Golden Mile 15:00 on Friday or Coral Handicap 17.20 on Saturday.

Finally got his head in front at Newmarket last week for his first win this year.  He finished fourth in the Goodwood race last year.

Not quite Paddington but he will give his all and a good bet for a place.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Sun is now out but it is still very windy.

Have just booked another cruise for March. A transatlantic this time, coming back from Barbados on Arvia. So something to look forward to in the dark and dull days at the beginning of the year.☺️

If that is the TA March 24 on Arvia we are on that one too

Michelle

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you but I am only interested in watching my team Sunderland.

I wouldn’t worry, at least they won’t be the only team playing.

Edited by pete14

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

His name is Dutch Decoy.  Currently holds entries on Friday or Saturday.  Coral Golden Mile 15:00 on Friday or Coral Handicap 17.20 on Saturday.

Finally got his head in front at Newmarket last week for his first win this year.  He finished fourth in the Goodwood race last year.

Not quite Paddington but he will give his all and a good bet for a place.

I never watch horse racing.

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I never watch horse racing.

I never watch motor racing, tennis or golf either but many on here do and enjoy it so each to our own I guess.

I have a friend who is a fan of Sunderland so hope for you both it all.goes well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pete14 said:

Just a thought. Do the phases of the moon affect your sleep patterns? Last night was a full moon and I believe there is strong evidence that some people find it difficult to sleep when the moon is full. I remember very many years ago when I was teaching, there was a boy in my class who was rarely well behaved but he would have short spells when his behaviour was noticeably worse, usually every month when the moon was full. 

Well I actually slept last night for the first time in ages .. probably because we're at our happy place! 

Re a full moon and windy weather ... always guaranteed to make the little ones hyper !

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 3