P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

34 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Well I’m all packed up ,4 suitcases and 1 big hold all, housework done , nails and hair done so now chilling down the beach watching the air show , suns out and it’s a bit hot , hopefully the sun will shine everyday for you guys while I’m away . I will still read this thread every night because I’ve got Wi-Fi on the ship , I’m on sky princess so can’t really do a live blog on here for you but will post pictures now and again if people want .

Have a great cruise, a few photos would be great!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Well I’m all packed up ,4 suitcases and 1 big hold all, housework done , nails and hair done so now chilling down the beach watching the air show , suns out and it’s a bit hot , hopefully the sun will shine everyday for you guys while I’m away . I will still read this thread every night because I’ve got Wi-Fi on the ship , I’m on sky princess so can’t really do a live blog on here for you but will post pictures now and again if people want .

Enjoy Sky Princess she is  one of my favourite ships. We were on her last year to the Canaries and this year we went in March to the Mediterranean for my birthday and then in June to Norway.

Please do post pictures.

I don't know if you like to going to the speciality restaurants but if you do I can highly recommend Sabatini's. 

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

We last used National Express to travel up to Manchester Airport and it took us 13 hours! It took up 4 hours just to get to Plymouth, but the train would have taken us less than 2. I said never again!

Oh dear! It worked well for us because my mother took her walker too, and we didn’t have to change at Birmingham which can be a pain with luggage and for those with limited mobility. Also easy to use the toilet with a clear corridor at all times. We will definitely use it again, so cheap too. 

11 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have lived here in Medway for almost 40 years and never seen it rain so hard in the last 30 minutes. My house is almost at the top of the hill and we had about 3 inches of water outside the front door. The rear garden was awash.  😱

Yes, it was very intense and for quite a long time. There’ll no doubt be flash floods at the bottom of the hills 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Sky Princess is a favourite of mine too.  We sailed on her last year and again this and I hope you are as impressed as we were, so yes please, it would be lovely to have a few photographs.  Enjoy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Have a great cruise, I will be interested to hear about Sky Princess as we have booked for next year.

• Like 2

Collected my new car this afternoon. Drove into a shopping complex, I stayed in the car. Experimenting with the digital screen of the entertainment/ sat nav and suddenly a voice said "Which emergency service do you need ?" Brief thought of amazement and replied " So sorry, fiddling with screen on my new car"  " Are you sure you're alright?"  " Positive, so sorry." Still don't know how it happened, a red button is situated on the headliner near the windscreen. Imagined hearing sirens and police cars descending on me !!

Love the car😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Best wishes to you both and I hope you have a fabulous cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Have lovely cruise. We are booked for September 24 on Sky Princess so photos and comments will be welcomed. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Collected my new car this afternoon. Drove into a shopping complex, I stayed in the car. Experimenting with the digital screen of the entertainment/ sat nav and suddenly a voice said "Which emergency service do you need ?" Brief thought of amazement and replied " So sorry, fiddling with screen on my new car"  " Are you sure you're alright?"  " Positive, so sorry." Still don't know how it happened, a red button is situated on the headliner near the windscreen. Imagined hearing sirens and police cars descending on me !!

Love the car😁

Hope you enjoy your car. If I press the red button, my car talks to me. DW tells it ,' sorry, know all pressed it by mistake '. Not the same league, but we got a new printer.  Wireless. It works from my smart phone. I set it all up myself.

Smug of Woking🤣

• Haha 15

50 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Hope you enjoy your car. If I press the red button, my car talks to me. DW tells it ,' sorry, know all pressed it by mistake '. Not the same league, but we got a new printer.  Wireless. It works from my smart phone. I set it all up myself.

Smug of Woking🤣

I must admit I am quite amazed that I managed to set up my wi fi printer, and even more astonished when it worked.fist time.

They must have made them idiot proof.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Enjoy Sky Princess she is  one of my favourite ships. We were on her last year to the Canaries and this year we went in March to the Mediterranean for my birthday and then in June to Norway.

Please do post pictures.

I don't know if you like to going to the speciality restaurants but if you do I can highly recommend Sabatini's. 

Yes we do like the speciality restaurant we are in the crown grill the first night then booked in sabatinis twice , but it will be our first time in sabatinis, done the crown grill a few times and the catch by Rudi in June going to Iceland and it was fantastic.

she is our favourite ship too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

have lived here in Medway for almost 40 years and never seen it rain so hard in the last 30 minutes.

Well, what an event that was. Never, in all my life have I experienced rain like it.. My garden disappeared.

Mr. Previous Owner added a lovely conservatory right across the back (28ft) and I live in it a lot.  Where the house and conservatory meet there is only original sized guttering.  This couldn't cope and water came in heavily along the seam.   OH was out at the time.  I am partially disabled and I suppose the adrenaline kicked in and I managed to drag some furniture out of the way, and draped the tv in towels as it was being splashed.  I used every towel and saucepan.  My bathroom floor was also awash.

We can laugh now but OH got an earbashing.   I  calmly rang him to let him know in a very calm way and he said ok he was just popping in the Co-op for the newspapers and wouldn't be long.  What!!!  I was dealing with an emergency and he was getting newspapers!!!!   Of course there was hardly any rain where he was, he had no idea🤣

Anyway we are off tomorrow and sailing on Norwegian Dawn on Sunday, Round Britain  then across to (so they say), Brussels, Paris and Amsterdam, but we wont get to them as we think we are berthed many miles away.  Lots of tender ports so 'll just  sit and watch the world go by and have another glass of wine!  According to a Roll Call a lot of Americans are flying over and it seems it will be quite casual.  Hope it will be ok.

Our cases have already gone with baggage handlers, its so much easier with sticks and buggy.  Before that we have decided to put the furniture in the affected room into the middle and put towels round the outside.  I wouldn't think a deluge like that will happen for years to come, but a bit wary.

Please behave while those of us off on a jolly are gone!

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Will you be doing a live blog on the Princess forum? We can follow you on there if so.

Have a lovely relaxing cruise.

Avril

Hi Avril if I do a live blog I will let you know on here 😉 trouble is I’m not very good with my English and my comers and I tend to just write what’s  jumbled in my head , no where near as good enough as Damian’s 🥴

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Well, what an event that was. Never, in all my life have I experienced rain like it.. My garden disappeared.

Mr. Previous Owner added a lovely conservatory right across the back (28ft) and I live in it a lot.  Where the house and conservatory meet there is only original sized guttering.  This couldn't cope and water came in heavily along the seam.   OH was out at the time.  I am partially disabled and I suppose the adrenaline kicked in and I managed to drag some furniture out of the way, and draped the tv in towels as it was being splashed.  I used every towel and saucepan.  My bathroom floor was also awash.

We can laugh now but OH got an earbashing.   I  calmly rang him to let him know in a very calm way and he said ok he was just popping in the Co-op for the newspapers and wouldn't be long.  What!!!  I was dealing with an emergency and he was getting newspapers!!!!   Of course there was hardly any rain where he was, he had no idea🤣

Anyway we are off tomorrow and sailing on Norwegian Dawn on Sunday, Round Britain  then across to (so they say), Brussels, Paris and Amsterdam, but we wont get to them as we think we are berthed many miles away.  Lots of tender ports so 'll just  sit and watch the world go by and have another glass of wine!  According to a Roll Call a lot of Americans are flying over and it seems it will be quite casual.  Hope it will be ok.

Our cases have already gone with baggage handlers, its so much easier with sticks and buggy.  Before that we have decided to put the furniture in the affected room into the middle and put towels round the outside.  I wouldn't think a deluge like that will happen for years to come, but a bit wary.

Have a great cruise

• Like 1

Have a lovely cruise Indiana on Norwegian Dawn , and sorry to hear about your flooding today and as you say probably once in a blue moon but taking safety precautions while your away is a good idea and you’re probably get it fixed when you get home , have a good relaxing trip.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Best wishes to you both and I hope you have a fabulous cruise.

Thank you Graham I’m sure we will have a good one and I’ve promised everyone I’m not doing any dangerous activities on this one after my last cruise in June , still got lumps on my legs from my injuries 😄 .

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Sorry to hear about your flood @indiana123.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise on Norwegian Dawn.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

5 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I’m not doing any dangerous activities on this one after my last cruise in June , still got lumps on my legs from my injuries 😄 .

If we have to behave  you have to have a happy safe holiday .... Deal ? 😉🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

If we have to behave  you have to have a happy safe holiday .... Deal ?

Yep  deal.

Normally we turn our phones etc off on cruises but on this one we have some free wifi so  I can have my daily dose of Kalos medicine then turn it off, although I may have a sneaky look on here sometimes.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 6