P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Same here when it comes to salt ,have to avoid it .

Did you ever get to go into  Bill Hayley's fish shop ? 

It's brill  !   They do ..  🎵Hake, Haddock and Sole 🎵🙃

Kalos you’re certainly back to form 😂 very pleased for you and Mrs Ks recovery, not sure with the brown sauce and ketchup and mustard on a chip butty. 
I don’t mind gravy on my chips if eaten with a pie because it’s just like roast potatoes really but different shape, I guess I’m a bit weird when I have chips with left over chilli con carni as I put my chilli on top of my crispy chips to make them soggy, brill 😜

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I guess I’m a bit weird when I have chips with left over chilli con carni as I put my chilli on top of my crispy chips to make them soggy, brill 😜

For tonight's dinner my wife made crunchy chips. In other words she forgot to turn the oven on.🙃

• Haha 15

Curry and chips, chips and gravy, chips and mushy peas, I love them all!!!

Going to World Firework Championships tonight in Blackpool - weather dependent, currently heavy rain here. 

I did “a Graham” and called at Greggs today, unfortunately I ate the sausage roll before I took the photo

Michelle

IMG_9494.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Curry and chips, chips and gravy, chips and mushy peas, I love them all!!!

Going to World Firework Championships tonight in Blackpool - weather dependent, currently heavy rain here. 

I did “a Graham” and called at Greggs today, unfortunately I ate the sausage roll before I took the photo

Michelle

IMG_9494.jpeg

And not so good view 🤣

• Like 1

It's a really nice day here today. A little overcast but we can just see a hint of blue. One of us had a bit of upset yesterday due to the effects of long term medication but all's now well and both as right as rain. Hope everyone is well and destined for a good day.

Oh! and don't forget to tell kids. grandkids, nephews, nieces and all a sundry that today is "International Elderly Day." Good day to remember just what this generation created.... colour TV, Smart phones, the digital revolution... just to start with.

old-people-dancing-diverse-elderly-cartoon-characters-conga-line-happy-funny-persons-vector-active-grandparents-set-illustration-155629193.thumb.jpg.7c83cc956595c4a09f7bf78bb0f1c098.jpg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Oh! and don't forget to tell kids. grandkids, nephews, nieces and all a sundry that today is "International Elderly Day." Good day to remember just what this generation created.... colour TV, Smart phones, the digital revolution... just to start with.

old-people-dancing-diverse-elderly-cartoon-characters-conga-line-happy-funny-persons-vector-active-grandparents-set-illustration-155629193.thumb.jpg.7c83cc956595c4a09f7bf78bb0f1c098.jpg

Plus we created the kids and thus the grandkids, nephews nieces etc.

• Like 6

Morning everyone, hope you are all well today.

Had a busy morning, cooked two meals ready for daughter and son-in-law coming over, four grandchildren slept here has night so they have been helping. Just going to the park now for them to run off some energy.

We took them to see the World Fireworks Championships in Blackpool last night, it was amazing, we are going again in three weeks.

Hope you all have a lovely day

Michelle

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

@zap99 I didn’t want to go off topic on the flight change thread so I’m asking here.

You mentioned going to Cape Verde. Is there much to see and do there? It’s a place I have never been. Thanks

Cape Verde looks lovely. There was a programme with Jane MacDonald a while ago. You might be able to find it online to have a look

Michelle

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

@zap99 I didn’t want to go off topic on the flight change thread so I’m asking here.

You mentioned going to Cape Verde. Is there much to see and do there? It’s a place I have never been. Thanks

We have been to several of the islands some twice and always enjoyed them. We like the climate but as with any area there is the history, culture and food to name a few. We have always cruised so been to several of the islands as opposed to actually staying there for a set period. The islands are reasonably new as a mainline tourist destination and there are a lot of new resorts being built with not always a lot else in some area's with a lot of poor area's, however investment is helping. If you are considering a visit it is probably wise to just google and see what meets your needs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have been to several of the islands some twice and always enjoyed them. We like the climate but as with any area there is the history, culture and food to name a few. We have always cruised so been to several of the islands as opposed to actually staying there for a set period. The islands are reasonably new as a mainline tourist destination and there are a lot of new resorts being built with not always a lot else in some area's with a lot of poor area's, however investment is helping. If you are considering a visit it is probably wise to just google and see what meets your needs.

We are looking at a cruise that goes to a couple of the islands. Sounds like there is enough to do for the day or two in port.

thanks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

It's  interesting. Clear blue sea, clear blue sky. The town in Sal has a few tourist tat shops, but some local shops as well. It's really a place to sit in the sunshine. We did a tourist trip to have a look around. Worth a visit, but most of the AI hotels are stunning.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Plus we created the kids and thus the grandkids, nephews nieces etc.

Also Great grand kids 😀 Ours decided to join us in this world early yesterday evening .

One excited Mrs K has gone to visit , I just had video call and pleased to say mum &

baby looking well.

Have a good day everyone 🙂

• Like 30

Just now, kalos said:

Also Great grand kids 😀 Ours decided to join us in this world early yesterday evening .

One excited Mrs K has gone to visit , I just had video call and pleased to say mum &

baby looking well.

Congratulation Mr & Mrs Kalos and family. Our first Great grandchild is due next month, Mrs YP has been knitting for England since we got the news. I just need to get some more wool seems to be the mantra these days, poor kid will be wearing knitted clothes when he is fifty.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

baby looking well.

Many congratulations Great-grandad and Great-grandma Kalos. Such a lovely feeling. To be a parent is lovely. a grandparent is wonderful, but to be a Great-grandparent is absolutely amazing.

Pleased that mother and baby are well.

Best wishes to all the family.

Avril & Frank

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kalos said:

baby looking well.

Congratulations to your family Kalos.

CB10160.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, kalos said:

baby looking well.

Congratulations to you and Mrs K on becoming Great Grandparents.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, kalos said:

baby looking well.

Congratulations to you both!! Glad mum and baby are both ok.

My grandchildren call their great grandma Supergran

Michelle

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

baby looking well.

Congrats to you and Lady Kalos. You deserve all the good news that comes your way

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1