P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Congratulation Mr & Mrs Kalos and family. Our first Great grandchild is due next month, Mrs YP has been knitting for England since we got the news. I just need to get some more wool seems to be the mantra these days, poor kid will be wearing knitted clothes when he is fifty.

Hope not regarding the knitted clothes, still have nightmares about drowning when as a kid we wore those woolly trunks. You came out of the sea weighing considerably more than when you went in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Also Great grand kids 😀 Ours decided to join us in this world early yesterday evening .

One excited Mrs K has gone to visit , I just had video call and pleased to say mum &

baby looking well.

Have a good day everyone 🙂

Congratulations to you and your family hope mummy and baby are well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Also Great grand kids 😀 Ours decided to join us in this world early yesterday evening .

One excited Mrs K has gone to visit , I just had video call and pleased to say mum &

baby looking well.

Congratulations! How exciting.

We have Grandchild #2 due mid Feb 🥰

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

Hope not regarding the knitted clothes, still have nightmares about drowning when as a kid we wore those woolly trunks. You came out of the sea weighing considerably more than when you went in.

I keep asking her to knit me a mankini but she won't have it.

• Haha 10

We spent the weekend in Portsmouth before picking mum & dad up from their Arvia cruise this morning. They seem to have had a great time, they took things slow and had a relaxing fortnight with some excellent excursions.

Apologies to anyone who was on the same cruise, and witnessed my dad's shorts falling down round his knees coming through security on a port day! 😂 the perils of having to remove his belt. It will keep the family chuckling for quite a while.

My husband and I visited Petworth House on Friday on our way to Portsmouth, then spent yesterday at the Dockyard, very interesting and we managed to do the harbour boat tour which was great. We had to walk through Gunwharf on our way back and Radley was right there in front of me and I succumbed to buying a handbag...it was a bargain 😁

• Like 15

I don't know if it's worth while or allowed to start a new topic about this so I'm asking here 🙂

Can anyone recommend a taxi company that we could pre book  from Southampton Airport to Novotel I think we're due to land about 9pm so if possible it would be easier to have that arranged before we arrive and of course we'd want a return from the ship to the Airport.  Daughter is more laid back than me she thinks there's probably Uber 😂

Second query

Has the loyalty lunches restarted on Ventura? maybe that should have been my first question!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, July morning said:

I don't know if it's worth while or allowed to start a new topic about this so I'm asking here 🙂

Can anyone recommend a taxi company that we could pre book  from Southampton Airport to Novotel I think we're due to land about 9pm so if possible it would be easier to have that arranged before we arrive and of course we'd want a return from the ship to the Airport.  Daughter is more laid back than me she thinks there's probably Uber 😂

Second query

Has the loyalty lunches restarted on Ventura? maybe that should have been my first question!

The only taxi allowed to pick up at the airport is bookable at a desk near the exit door.

Any taxi will take you back to the airport from the ship but they will drop you on the ground floor of the multi storey airport car park and you walk 100 metres to the check in 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Funny old day here weather wise, dull and damp this morning but very warm, bit brighter now and 21oC. And for a bit of nostalgia, who remembers this?

May be an image of text that says 'Who Loved A Fray Bentos Pie To Open Though Hell 174 FRAY 188 BENTOS & KIDNEY SINCE STEAK BAKING LEFORT REMOVE LD'

I remember the corned beef 😱

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I remember the corned beef 😱

So do I and every now and again , 3/4  way around the tin the metal strip would snap.

Only one thing left to do ,get the mole grips on the strip and pull like hell.

Chances are when you opened it, the dam stuff didn't want to come out of the tin .

Got around this by stabbing a knife through the meat at 45deg angle and pull gently .

My early years of studying mechanical engineering would keep me in good stead for 

making a corned beef sarnie 🤣

• Haha 6

34 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

@SarahHben

Thank you for posting the photos of Petworth. I used to live there (not in the big house I hasten to add). It is a lovely town.

It was such a lovely place, we had never visited before, we'll definitely go back again.

I can imagine that it's a very nice place to live!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kalos said:

So do I and every now and again , 3/4  way around the tin the metal strip would snap.

Chances are when you opened it, the dam stuff didn't want to come out of the tin .

Got around this by stabbing a knife through the meat at 45deg angle and pull gently .

My early years of studying mechanical engineering would keep me in good stead for 

I put all these top tips in my Spam folder🤣

• Haha 14

7 hours ago, kalos said:

baby looking well.

Ah lovely. What a happy day for you all. Many many congratulations to your whole family and a special shining star award to you Mr & Mrs Kalos - two great grandparents who deserve everything good in this life. Love and best wishes. Jane xxxx

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Oh for a cordless angle grinder back in the day.

• Haha 3

Morning all is calm ,just enjoying a nice cuppa. Looks to be a clear moon, it is out

with the planet (Venus ?) twinkling nearby.

My mate once took an exam in astronomy but he failed.

I told him I would have failed too if that's any constellation.🙃

Take care and have a good day .🙂

• Haha 15

Morning all,

A horrible damp, dull, foggy type of day here, but still warm.

Busy day for me packing and getting ready to go away tomorrow. At least I'm well protected this time as well as having just got over 'the virus' I had my booster and flu jabs on Saturday, with no side effects, not even a sore arm. OH on the other hand!

Hope you all have a good day.

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Not a bad start to the day here, looks good for our trip down to Southampton for our Aurora cruise tomorrow. 

All the best for a good cruise on the lovely Aurora Phil and Mrs YP. The last cruise I did on Aurora was a Christmas trip with my granddaughter back in 2017 before Aurora became adults only. It was one of my best ever - we both had a great time. Enjoy and be well. Best wishes. Jane xxx

• Like 5