P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

and on another thread I discovered that we love holiday camp sites,when we people of 

a certain age .We can't get enough of them 😆

I hate generalisations.  Most people do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

A very wet and soggy morning here today, and forecast to remain so most of the day.

On a different topic, does anyone know if you can adjust the viewing font size on CC. I can change my screen output font but can only increase font by enlarging the screen and over running the edge.?

Not sure about that John but as a workaround , I can using Google or Edge go into a web site ,

using the three dots zoom to 120% for example ,then save to desktop .

When opening other pages they should be at default 100% zoom ,yet the saved shortcut 

on opening remembers the 120 % zoom I chose for that page .

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Not sure about that John but as a workaround , I can using Google or Edge go into a web site ,

using the three dots zoom to 120% for example ,then save to desktop .

When opening other pages they should be at default 100% zoom ,yet the saved shortcut 

on opening remembers the 120 % zoom I chose for that page .

Actually I doubt I would have any problem on the laptop, however mine is old and very slow, so I generally use my smart phone. 

Strangely changing the font size does work on most other websites, but poor old decrepit CC has a mind of it's own.

• Like 1

We finally made it to Gatwick, after travelling up to Paddington on a train with engine problems and also making unscheduled stops en route, as the previous train had been cancelled and arrived late. The train alsl hsd very limitrd catering facilities. Having got to Paddington we had problems transferring across town, as we had booked assistance to help with luggage and the Elizabeth line don't help, so we struggled on alone, finally got here after an eight hour journey!

Wi fi In hotel won't connect to my ipad🙄

Have had meal, and the better part after a bottle of wine so now feeling more chilled.

Hopefully tomorrow will go more smoothly.

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Lots of cruisers off our Arvia cruise are positive for Covid, including a couple on the next table to us.

Feel fine so far, fingers crossed.

Lets hope it stays that way for you . Feeling ok after my episode , would like to say more but  Rules etc .Stay safe.

• Like 9

Sounds like bad news for this area near Crewe with the scrapping of HS2. There was to be a new hub station and a maintenance yard nearby. The West Coast mainline is suffering from congestion even now so they will have to come up with an alternative for the Birmingham to the north west stretch of line. It seems to have been ok though to spend £14 billion on the 20+ mile Elizabeth Line in London.

We can already get to London in 1.5 hours so the reduction to 1 hour IMO doesn’t warrant the cost but something has to be done about the capacity and quality of our railway lines countrywide.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Had our Morrisons delivery this morning and he was due at 10am and that's the time he 

pulled up at exactly . Was joking with him he could get a job with the Red Arrows .

He was telling us he had just caught up as 3 customers had delayed him this morning .

They had booked things like 8am slot ,only to find them hung out of the bedroom window

shouting "I'm in bed ,be with you in 5 minutes " that turns into ten minutes.

What is up with these people ? Get a later slot if they cannot be bothered to get their lazy 

good for nothing rumps ,out of bed . Simples .🙂

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Lots of cruisers off our Arvia cruise are positive for Covid, including a couple on the next table to us.

Feel fine so far, fingers crossed.

Well Bob. All those squillons spent and you avoid it by crossing your fingers crossed. Brilliant🤣🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Too early for a smart ar.. answer 😁

We once took an internal Air Egypt flight. They had a copy of the Koran inside the door for passengers to touch. When the pilot touched the Koran with his eyes closed  I crossed my fingers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning. No symptoms yet. Attending a reunion this weekend in Chester so keeping everything crossed. 

Good afternoon Bob. All 3 of us came down with something on the Friday after Cadiz, all tests were negative. Still got symptons, chesty cough, muzzy head feeling rotten. So the last 2 sea days we stayed on the balcony, not the best end to a cruise but we still enjoyed it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We were at church this morning and Pauline wrote several names in the church memorial book.

We then went to Starbucks drive thru and ate our snacks at the beach.

IMG_20231004_111953.jpg

Your list of sponsors is growing Graham.That toastie looks nice though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Good afternoon Bob. All 3 of us came down with something on the Friday after Cadiz, all tests were negative. Still got symptons, chesty cough, muzzy head feeling rotten. So the last 2 sea days we stayed on the balcony, not the best end to a cruise but we still enjoyed it.

Hi Rupert

Have you tested yourself in the last couple of days ? Our table companions had similar symptoms immediately after Cadiz, tested on Sunday, negative, yesterday positive. Hope you are better soon.

31 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Your list of sponsors is growing Graham.That toastie looks nice though.

Reminds me of the time a little old couple walked into Burger King .

The little old man walked up to the counter, ordered the food, paid, and took the tray

back to the table where the little old lady sat. On the tray was a hamburger, a small

bag of fries and a drink.

Carefully the old man cut the hamburger in two, and divided the fries into two neat

piles. He sipped the drink and passed it over to the little old lady, who took a sip and

passed it back.

A young man on a nearby table had been watching  the old couple and felt sorry for

them. He offered to buy them another meal, but the old man politely declined, saying

that they were used to sharing everything and had done this for years .

The old man began to eat his food, but his wife sat still, not eating.

The young man continued to watch the couple. He still felt he should be offering to help.

As the little old man finished eating, the old lady had still not started on her food. ",

Why aren't you eating?" asked the young man sympathetically ?

The old lady looked up and said politely, "I'm waiting for the teeth.."😉🙃

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 25